Notices

How Panicy/scared am I

Old 05-22-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Determined

How Panicy/scared am I

Hi Guys,

Off to see a therapist tonight just spoke to him on phone, told him all thats been going on and he says he'll be able to help and I will see a difference in 1 or 2 sessions even said if I arrive in mid panic attack he will be able to calm ne down in seconds.

Splitting headache instantly thinking about it.

Oh well here goes nothing eh
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi wolfie, by seeing a therapist you are 'doing something'. People who do something are the ones who make it. Big hugs, even if you are scottish lol. Joking.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Wishing you only the best, cyberwolf. On my first visit to a therapist he taught me how to breathe correctly. Amazing what a simple exercise like that did to ease my anxiety.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Let us know how it goes CW, your in my thoughts and prayers.

~~~~~~~~~
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hope it goes well tonite.. thinking of u.

Lost
Old 05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Determined

Thanks guys am away to head off soon. All being well I will post agin later x
Old 05-22-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You'll do great Wolf -

TinLizzy
Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No worries about 2nite wolf, you are gonna be able to overcome this phase, the therapist is just the means to an end. Post when you can, were all thinking of ya!

chris
Old 05-22-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I do not know you well yet Wolf, but I'd like to get to know you. Good Luck tonight
Old 05-22-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm interested to hear how it goes CyberWolf.

Good luck!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Determined

Smile

Hi guys - well survived it. And actually feel ok. going back Fri. We talked about what could cause it and how panic works and how to overcome it. Going to do hypnosis on fri. He used EFT and mooselips has posted a fair bit about this technique, but so I had a positive experience today we worked on my fear of flying, and I can honestly say he did lower my anxiety and apparently the whole eft thing can take 4 hours to get full benefit the 1st few times, but if I had to get on aplane tomorrow I think I'd be ok, yet this tine yesterday I would have been in throws of panic attack at thought. I will keep you posted but for at least just now I feel a little less anxious. Who knows if its just in my head or not, but just for today it feels a bit better. Kinda looking forward to hypnosis..... gee did I just type that me?look forward? to hypnosis? - whats going on.....

Cheers for your wishes guys x
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
believer

Tell me how hypnosis works on friday.ok? I really want to try it and also psychoanalysis... Happy to see you're positive!
Old 05-22-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hello

panicky, anxiety, stress, ruined relationships, onlovable, not good enough , unworthy., alone,...you name it i am feeling it. i am back on this board for some help and to talk to people. well i am trying to keep my head together and trying to detox today. lots of alcohol these past two days. i was doing so well...

i am just going to read posts and try to figure some things out...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hey CW that's great, therapy for panic/anxiety can work wonders. I'm really happy for you, it's so good to hear. Once you get some coping skills in place, it can really help divert panic. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Determined

Smile Just an update

Gee I am SO tierd today and I slept like a log last night after doing "the homework" I had been given. I didnt stir once and slept right through ans woke up feeling great ( am starting to feel very sleepy though) I had to change my docs appointment on friday to go back to therapist and that means my B/F can't go with me to the docs as he has to work. Now this started to stress me out somewhat as he has come to every appt recently. But I just did some of what the guy told me last night and although I am not overjoyed at the thought of being in waiting room on my own I am not "worrying" about it.

Have done some more "homework" today focussing on panic attacks in general and have decided to deliberately NOT go to shops today but will go tomorrow. I still cant stop thinking about what he said and did about my fear of flying, even today I still feel like I could get on a plane if I had too (now the sceptic in me says that that is just because my body and mind no DA*n well that I do not have to get on a plane today, tomorrow or anytime soon so therefore there is no need to worry - but then the other part of me reminds me that I am the person that 2 days ago would have literally talked myself into a panic at the thought that MAYBE sometime in my life I might have to get on a plane)........Sceptical I am but as the guy said there is no belief required I just have to accept what the changes are - so for just now thats what I will do.

I REALLY hope that the hypnosis etc helps and I can getthis under control, as he said he can't guarantee iwill never have another panicky feeling in my life again, after all its a natural mechanism in the body, but I will be able to cope with it which in turn will stop the escalation of it.....so he says and for today I am going to trust him.

Its a mad world sometimes
Old 05-23-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Determined

Thumbs up Despite what I just posted

I am just back from the nearby Tesco Extra (huge scary store not just the wee express store I have been to since all this anxiety kicked off)!!) the notion took me to see if I could do it, so off I went.......... I just did it............, went in caught up with an old friend I havnt seen/heard from ages, in fact years, who is in remission of cancer (I didnt even know she'd been ill) I managed to stand and chat, then do some shopping, then pay at a checkout and leave all without having a meltdown....

Why?Who knows, therapy?, good day?, false belief in what I was told yesteraday?

I DONT CARE what the reason was, because TODAY it WORKED for me

Tomorrow? Who knows, but ya know what, I will deal with that exactly when it is meant to be dealt with, TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

Wish you guys could see the smile on my face and feel the relief I feel inside, take it from me right now, at this moment its better than any drugs or drink (and no I didnt have valium before I went!!)