Notices

Beautiful Day .....

Old 05-20-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"For the moment, life is good"

Beautiful Day .....

What a great couple of days I have had. 23 days sober and feeling great. In these 23 days I have noticed a few things about myself. I am sleeping really good. 8 hours of solid, rested sleep. So I am able to get things done that have to be done and can enjoy the rest of my day doing things I truely enjoy. Like gardening, crocheting and crafts. My skin, hair and nails feel so much better, bot being dried out from the alcohol. I treated myself to a haircut and have put on makeup everyday. Something I rarely did while drinking. I have even been painting my finger nails. Something I never did. I am starting to feel like a woman again. I have even lost 7 pounds, which I think pleases me the most. In the last 5 years the heavy drinking, combined with bi-polar and 2 major surgeries, I have gained 58 pounds. So along with the great feeling of sobriety I now have more reasons to stay sober. Improved health and appearance. I may not look like I did when I was 20, but can sure look better at 40 than I did at 39.
This week will be a test for me. My husband is going to try and stop chewing. He has chewed tobacco for about 20 years. He will be taking a new medication to help stop his cravings and he is the kind of person who hates to even take an aspirin. This daily medication routine will be hard on him and me being the mothering kind may find it hard to not remind him to take these meds. He tends to think I am telling him what to do when I remind him of things. Lord, grant me patience.
I am off to switch the laundry out. I hope everyone enjoys this great day. Thank you all for being here.....................
Laceyhearts.....
Old 05-20-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go girl.Yes life does start to get better as we sober up.But remember that will as i can remember life is not always great and bye going to meetings and getting a sponser they can help when we do have those bad days.You are losing weight wow i wish i could start that too.LOL..Goodluck and keep commin back.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

It's good life.I am enjoying so many things.I LOVE LIFE!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi Lacey, today is a great day....

Glad you are having a great day, hope3