Notices

0 days sober but things are looking up

Old 05-20-2007, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 0 days sober but things are looking up

I haven't posted for a while, things have been hectic to say the least over the last couple of weeks.

To summarise, I split up with my boyfriend, moved out of my flat, started a new job and - yesterday - found a new flat to move into.

Devastated about my boyfriend at first, I finally had (even though I was the last one to realise) a complete understanding of why out relationship was doomed from the beginning.

OK, it may sound obvious but, we were together a year, most of it drunk and high, I suddenly realised that the whole time I was trying to keep up with him when all I really wanted to do was stop and relax. I'm not very good at reading my true feelings and thought for most of it that it was fun living fast, getting trashed and never stopping.

Even when during that period I lost my job, ended up in rehab, detoxed and then carried on as before. Severe depression crippled me but with no job I barely allowed myself to come down and feel those feelings. I ended the relationship, got a new job - strange coincidence - and am starting to get my old self back.

OK, I've been drinking around 3-6 units a day but now am determined to get back to AA and really start being honest wih myself.

Move into my new flat next weekend and so will finally cut off any ties with HIM so I can move on and focus on myself. Going to a meeting later and feeling pretty good.

Just wanted to share that. Thanks for reading, I've got a good feeling about the future now

M xx
Old 05-20-2007, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Did you learn any thing in rehab to apply to your life tonight? Sounds like you did.
Lots of encuragement
Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you again Mimi...glad things are looking up in so many good ways...hopefully the move will be a new start all round...!!

take care
D