Notices

Newcomer here...

Old 05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer here...

Hello everyone! I am excited to find a place for support. I am struggling with a drinking problem, and it's about time I take it more seriously. I try to avoid drinking situations as much as possible, but someone always invites me to go out for a little bit, and I always think it won't be much harm. I'll say to myself, "I had a hard week, I deserve it"...and then there I am, drinking one beer after another. I come home and feel sick and depressed...I wake up feeling depressed, hungover, and unmotivated. I never end up having a good time. It always ends up being a bad situation. Always. I always think that next time "things will be different". I won't drink as much, or I won't stay as long. If I say no to my friends, I feel like a bad friend. I feel like I am a young adult, this is just a normal part of out culture...but I'm tired of justifying drinking. I feel hopeless and just want to stop...even if it is staying home and doing things by myself. The more I go out, the more addicting it becomes...I am terrified of how much things have changed over the past year...I went from drinking 2wice a year to drinking a few times a week. I just don't want to drink at all anymore. Especially since addiction runs in my family. I am terrified of how things are...this semester I became depressed and dropped out of school and turned to drinking when I was right on track just the previous semester. I appreciate anyone that reads this and has any advice. Sorry if this sounds rambly, i guess i juts have alot of emotions right now..

Thanks
~T
Old 05-19-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((((anewstart))))))

Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. You will find tons of support here along with excellent advise........hope you stick around and get to know some of the fine folks here. This site sure did help me make a new start. It CAN happen for YOU.

((((Warm, Welcoming HUGS)))))))
Old 05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

You are welcome and keep posting! I can tell you that you don't have to drink ever again. And don't dwell on guilt, ok? You should be proud about coming here and sharing, this is a wonderful chance to start over.I believe everything falls into place with sobriety!Whatever you dream of, it's only possible being clean!

stay strong!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome- glad you found us here at SR. You will find a lot of support here. Please look around and read all you can. You are not alone.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!