Notices

Day #3

Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day #3

Still sober and feeling okay now...earlier was a very different situation...I had one of the worst migraines EVER and I felt very sick to my stomach, shaky and just really bad tempered. I wasn't able to get my med's until 4 this afternoon so I meditated for 20 minutes and took some Tylenol...nope, still felt the same. My spirits were lifted but the aches were still there. I thought about alcohol ALL DAY...when it would pop into my head I would just say 'Nope, not this time!' ... of course I know that shear 'will' won't get me very far ... but it worked today and that's when I needed it the most so far this week. I occupied myself for awhile by going to the salon and getting my hair done...brows waxed...girly stuff yanno. I NEARLY fell into a bipolar/OCD tendency that I have when it comes to my hair...COLOR...my color changes constantly and so I had to tell myself 'no' yet again....then I nearly had it all chopped off....I thank Nicole, my stylist, for saving my long hair from my manic mental condition. A few years ago I had waist length beautiful hair, I went on a binge and was riding high upon a mania - I got it all chopped off and have been mad about it since....anyway....what was supposed to take my mind off of 'things' actually caused a bit of anxiety...but I restrained myself and left feeling very much in control. I've been going to bed early every night and actually should be there now...(CSI is on and I can't miss it - lol).

I really enjoy this place, despite a few ummmmm, I dunno how to say it....there are some who really seem to be very unencouraging and highly emotional about, not only ppl with different spiritual preferences - but - also ppl with certain mental disorders....my doc says that my problem doesn't mean that I'm stupid or crazy but that my brain doesn't fire correctly - therefore causing a "mental sickness"....I dunno ...I guess there are ppl that don't really care what is wrong - they will take the **** no matter what. I am an alcoholic though....and NO I don't blame my disease for that....I do blame my disease for making life worse than it should be...(BLEH...I told myself that I wasn't going to give that anymore thought!)

Blessings and and I hope all are well!
~H~
Old 05-17-2007, 11:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Well you've got a friend here Una..

I am bipolar Type I...diagnosed last October. I know I know what you mean.

My own BF has a problem with all the meds I take,,but (sshh) I bet also he

couldn't take a week if stopped them! lol

Keep sharing. I pop in and out of the Mental Health Forums..good place to go.

Love,

Sherry

(Oh please stay here and continue to get support for your problems with

alcohol...believe me..all these ppl really do care!)
Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IO Storm

So sorry..

Congrats on 3 days!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on 3 days, way to go.

indigo
Old 05-18-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Una,

I'm glad you're on Day 3!

I get migraines too and have to be sure to take care of myself when that happens. In my case, my migraines last for a very long time and the pain is very tiring. I do not want the darkness of depression to cover me, so I have to be especially careful at thos times.

Everybody here has their own story and their own opinions. Just use the information that you find helpful to you.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Weeeeheee for 3! Congrats to you.

I have found so much helpful info on this site and it also keeps you busy...especially when mixed with chocolate.

Each day it seems to get better and better. On my day 3 I was like a zombie...and now (on day 18) I am a home improvement master. Hang in there!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanx lots everyone the thoughts are very helpful and appreciated!!!

IO: Being bipo is enough to deal with...but when you add alcohol it's even worse...I was an alcoholic before I was diagnosed tho...so now I have to rid myself of that 'beast' while being medicated and dealing with the other...AND TRUST...you think that you are ok and then stop the med's BAD IDEA...I'm stubborn and I've done it twice...not gonna happen again tho!

Anna: I get a 5 o'clock migraine everyday...it usually lasts from 1 - 3 hours...the doc doesn't even know for sure that they are migraines but that's all that really makes sense at the moment...I used to start drinking around 4 to deal with the headache that I knew would be coming....my doc has put me on Cymbalta which is an anti-dep and it helps with pain...I haven't noticed a difference in the pain tho.

And I realize that not all ppl can get along...that's why I've decided to ignore those type of negatives that cause me to get defensive....that's best for me.

Have a great day today all (wooooohooooo....this is my day #4)!
Blessings
~H~
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your sober tme..
Old 05-18-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Congrats on Day 4!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
star3.gif (4.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

******{Huge warm Hugs}}}}} Good for you! I well remember how much work 4 days took.....felt more like forty that's for sure!
I am glad you found SR...it helped me. I never thought I could get where I am. As a teenager I was dx bipolar, schizophrenic, then schizoid affective, panic disorder, major depression, OCD, phobias, etc etc..it was a nightmore. Panic disorder and depression is what I am treated for now and am doing well. The early days of recovery/sobriety were so tough......it can be done though. I changed my life after a 20 year addiction. SR was a big part of that.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

that didn't post right....hold on.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2287f.jpg (9.1 KB, 6 views)