Notices

Blood Sugar Levels

Old 05-18-2007, 01:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by cyberwolf View Post
Hi Dee
That made me smile! Yes its a creamy milk chocolate kind of velvety in texture - mad thing is though I feel like sugar might help (eg coca cola, and sports energy drinks - prob v bad for me, I don't really like chocolate)
Thanks CW...

Take care - hopefully yr Doc will sort it all out ~ !
D
Old 05-18-2007, 03:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Determined

I have just written down a diary of all the food and juice/water i have had since and including monday and the approximate time I had these (within 15 minutes) I will take taht with me when I go to doc tonight. Had a ryvita at 10am after having my breakfast at 8ish I am going to try the eating every 2 or 3 hours today. I do not feel anxious at all I do have a sore head though and legs feel a wee bit wobbly, but not like I am going to keel over (which they did when I got up) 45 minutes to go to next food intake!!! I may end up even more like a beached whale than I already am lol (worth it to lose the panic/anxiety though.)
Old 05-18-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Cyberwolf, withdrawal aside, everytime I started up a new SSRI (class of anti depressant that Paxil belongs to) I experienced similar effects, especially the sweating, shaking, excessive sleeping and dizzy/fuzzy mind crap, are you having uncontrollable yawning attacks too, even when you aren't feeling tired? Do you feel like you are out of your body at times, just floating on the edge of existence. Anxious and panicky. I'm no medical expert and would never pretend to be but I went through this with these class of drugs so many times I just can take tolerate them. Please go see your Dr for a full check up, Peace to you!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to message me if you like
Old 05-18-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by weatherfreak View Post
Cyberwolf, withdrawal aside, everytime I started up a new SSRI (class of anti depressant that Paxil belongs to) I experienced similar effects, especially the sweating, shaking, excessive sleeping and dizzy/fuzzy mind crap, are you having uncontrollable yawning attacks too, even when you aren't feeling tired? Do you feel like you are out of your body at times, just floating on the edge of existence. Anxious and panicky. I'm no medical expert and would never pretend to be but I went through this with these class of drugs so many times I just can take tolerate them. Please go see your Dr for a full check up, Peace to you!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to message me if you like

I had the same symptoms with SSRIs. The out of body feeling is a rare side effect, but it is very disturbing and unsafe when you are driving. Hypertension is also a rare side effect, but I had it from SSRIs.

I cannot tolerate them at all!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Determined

Originally Posted by BWMD View Post
I had the same symptoms with SSRIs. The out of body feeling is a rare side effect, but it is very disturbing and unsafe when you are driving. Hypertension is also a rare side effect, but I had it from SSRIs.

I cannot tolerate them at all!

Originally Posted by weatherfreak View Post
Cyberwolf, withdrawal aside, everytime I started up a new SSRI (class of anti depressant that Paxil belongs to) I experienced similar effects, especially the sweating, shaking, excessive sleeping and dizzy/fuzzy mind crap, are you having uncontrollable yawning attacks too, even when you aren't feeling tired? Do you feel like you are out of your body at times, just floating on the edge of existence. Anxious and panicky. I'm no medical expert and would never pretend to be but I went through this with these class of drugs so many times I just can take tolerate them.
Thanks guys
Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Determined

Question

Well just back from the docs, after a 25 minute wait to be seen (did my anxiety no end of good!) Had a chat with him and he reckons from the way my anxiety is pretty much always there interspersed with actual acute panic that it is not low blood sugar levels (if it was my anxiety would come in peaks and troughs). Apparently my levels are within the normal range however I may be slightly more sensitive in a fluctuation due to the fact that my pancreas and adrenal galnds are all working overtime just now to combat the constant anxiety.

He advised I stop the paxil due to how cr*p it makes me feel and has given me a prescription for Venlafaxine 75mg - Anyone any experience of this just for info purposes, but all the chemists are shut so I will have to wait till tomorrow to get it.

He said it was great that I had given up alcohol and was trying to eat healthily and that any "serious" withdrawal would have been apparent in first 24 hours - 5 days! He gave me some leaflets and suggested counselling might help but it is not available on nhs in this area. Reccommended doing lots of reading on anxiety/panic and also lots of me time. Sitting reading, bath with candles, chilling lying on bed doing abdominal breathing and showed how to do that.

Feel better knowing that he is trying to help, got to go back again next friday. Just really wish the anxiety would go or even start to lessen a bit.

Anyway just a quick update (or not so quick!)
Old 05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hate to be a kill joy, but if you do have hypolglycemia you should be avioing sugar and the includes our beloved chocalate.
I think it was the book "eating right to live sober". In it, it claims that sugar intensifies the cravings for alcohol.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

cyberwolf you mentioned repairing of the liver. I am not a Dr., but I have been taking milk thistle. It is suppossed to help repair the liver. you might want to give it a try.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

hopefully things will get better from now, CW...we're always here anyway !

D
Old 05-18-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Determined

Thanks D

I never thought this would be easy, but it would be less hard without such heightened anxiety (if that makes sense!!?)

I want to concentrate on tomorrow and not on how cr*p I feel now.

Thanks for support
CW
Old 05-20-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi cyberwolf. I tried to find that book for you and cant. I cant find any of my recovery books. i did go on barnes and nobles website and found 2 books that might be of interest to you:
1) Alcoholism, Stress, hypoglycemia, with diets.
By C. Jean Poulos
2) The relationship of stress to hypoglycemia and Alcoholism with diets.
By C. Jean Poulos, Donald Stoddard, and Kathryn Carron.

Now that I think about it I think I saw some that addressed hypoglycemia with anxiety. I will go check on that. I will be back