Notices

Is there such a rehab that you get confined?

Old 05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there such a rehab that you get confined?

Hi, I'm looking for a rehab that keeps someone confined within their facility and does not allow out until after a period of time. Is there such a rehab?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is called in-patient rehab, although the person going through rehab is not typically physically confined and can leave if they want. Remember, like Britney Spears did?

You can get someone committed for X # of days with a little help from the courts, but that is not typically rehab, they just get medically detoxed.

Is this person ready to quit? If not then it most likely will not do any good regardless of what method of detox and/or rehab is used.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I need to get someone who's hooked on crystal meth into rehab, but I don't want him leaving the facility because he decides that the rehab is not for him. In other words, I need a facility that will lock him up just as if he's sitting in jail. So a in-patient rehab won't work, not even with court's order, because he can still sneak out. I need something that really physically confines him. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well ----

I hate to tell you, but it really isn't up to you; a person can only get clean/sober if and when they want to.....

However, they do always have their destinations, if they continue on their course: jails, institutions, and death; most can't walk away from them......... )o:

NoelleR
Old 05-17-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sorry about your frustration, lesfly. are you going to alanon or naranon meetings? i have a daughter who is an addict/alcoholic - alanon really helps me. remember this about your friend/loved one's addiction - you didn't cause it, you can't cure it, and you can't control it. you do have choices as to how you allow it to affect you, though.

blessings, and keep posting - k
Old 05-17-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I doubt that you will find such a place lesfy.

As the others have said, you need to do to something to take care of yourself.