Notices

Am I crazy enough?

Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thumbs down Am I crazy enough?

I call the p-doc's office:

Me: Hi, I'd like to make an appt. with Dr. pdoc.
Office: Are you a current patient?
Me: Yes.
Office: Okay, would you just like the first available?
Me: Yes, this week if possible.
Office: Oh no, he's actually booked until the end of June. Do you want to do that?
Me: No, actually that won't help me at all.
Office: Okay, thanks. Click!!!

Honestly, how is that any freaking help? I wonder if I was a new patient I would get in quicker. Or may be I should just be a little more crazy......
Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you're desperate to get in (in crisis) - say so. I'm sure they will fit you in.
Good luck!

Anything we can help you with here, in the meantime? You doing okay?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Oh, I have a long post here ----> http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1332826
if you'd like to read it.

I don't know if I'm in crisis mode....it goes minute to minute lately.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Okay - let me take a read. Back in a bit.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sent ya PM
Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Paperdolls

I was going through the same thing, I know what to do to make myself feel better, but I just can't get to it, gym, work on time, healthy diet, all I could do was work, sleep and eat chocolate and cake, not fun nearly 20lbs later, and with more self-hatred than I could describe.

I started meds, feel a lot better now, I actually get stuff done, have an interest in my well-being and definately procastinate less.

I would get back on the phone "tell them its am emergency, could you even just talk to the dr for 5mins?"

Don't let this slide, its your health and state of mind and it is pretty damn important, don't let them blow you off, ok?

Take care, Rose
Old 05-16-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thanks Rose.

I may just call my general doc....he helped me get off of the effexor and he'll get me in soon.

When I do see him though, I can tell my depression is "beyond his scope ....", you know what I mean? Well, that's why he referred me to the pdoc to begin with.

I'm thinking of just finding a new pdoc......he's not all he's cracked up to be.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I too feel like I know what to do, btu have little to no energy.
No Motivation or drive.
I dont think Drs. know what tyet are doing anyway when it comes to prescibing meds. I hope you find a solution and start to fel better soon.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Well, I just called the pdoc office again and told the girl that answered I wasn't sure want to do. I felt like I need to get in much sooner than the end of June.

Office: "Don't you have a therapist?".
Me: yes, she works at your office and I can't get into see her until the end of June either. I told her I just wasn't sure what to do in this situation.
Office: :She said I should go to "your local mental health center".
Me: Where is that, like a hospital or something?
Office: Well I don't know where you live but it's probably, like, Blank County Medical Center, or something
Me: Yes, I live in Blank county
Office: "Yeah, call them then. OK?!" (in a big hurry to get off the phone)

OK.

Thank you so much for your help and compassion. Thank you for giving me the impression that you give a crap. Thank you for charging me $200 for a 15 minute visit. Thank you for making me wait one month to get in. Thank you for making me wait over an hour in your waiting room just to see you.

I don't have anything else to do anyway.

I hope there's some psychiatrist reading this somewhere.

Tell me if this is a normal pdoc's office. Seriously, do people really deal with this on a daily basis?!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

That really sucks. I know how you feel though. My doctor has a nurse that you can usually get in to see if you can't get in with the doc. Basically she just listens to you and then goes and talks to the doctor. I did this a few weeks ago when I was really in bad shape. They made some adjustments to my meds that seemed to help, at least temporarly.

It really bites that you can't get in with you theripist any sooner. Might be time to look for someone who is not as booked. That's what I ended up doing. It's hard because you have to go back over all the stuff you talked about with the other person. But it helped me. Hang in there Take care.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Really?!

Well I left a message at the Blank County Medical Center and they called me back an hour later.

Me: I was referred to you by my pdoc's office and I guess I need to make an appointment.
Office: Have you been here before? What's your last name? What's your birthdate?
Me: I answer those questions and then sort of interrupt and say, by the way I'm calling because my pdoc and my therapist can't get me in until the end of June....
Office: Oh..[pause]...well, we have walk-in hours everyday if it's a crisis. We'll be glad to see you then but you can't get in here to see a Dr. for about three months. Do you think this is a crisis? We'll be glad to switch your services to our offices.
Me: Well....all I want is a place that will see me when I feel like I'm having a problem.
Office: Yeah, I understand. That's why we have a crisis center 24/7.
Me: I'm not sure it's a crisis really, yet.....but I'd rather not wait until I just have to be rushed to the ER.
Office; Yeah, I understand.

Blah, blah, blah...

He was nice enough and I know there are only so many people but holy crap, what a damn mess. Seriously. I will not be seen today or tomorrow or even next week unless and until I injure myself or someone else.

I've figured it out....I'm just not quite crazy enough.
Today. Just for today.
Tomorrow is another day. I'll check my sanity level again tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thanks tyler -- I do have an appointment with a new therapist (not a dr.) and yeah, I'm so tired of starting the whole "Why are you here to see us today?, "Are you depressed?", "Tell me a little bit about your situation." conversation.

I'd like to just print off a bunch of posts from here and say "Here, read this and then you'll know."

Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
I'm so tired of starting the whole "Why are you here to see us today?, "Are you depressed?", "Tell me a little bit about your situation." conversation.

I'd like to just print off a bunch of posts from here and say "Here, read this and then you'll know."
I totally know that feeling. I actually laughed when I read that because you articulated what I've felt so many times.

I'm sorry your going through so much trouble with your psychiatrist's office. I personally don't think it's normal, but that's just my experience and I know things vary based on insurance. Regardless, I think you should tell your doc at that office just how frustrating your experience was. I hope everything works out.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

PaperDolls, I noticed that you said you used to take Effexor. If you don't mind my asking, did it not work out for you very well? I used to take it but the side effects made me feel nauseous (sp). I probably should have stuck it out longer but my stomach just wasn't having it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the doctors office. That can be so frustrating. June is so far away; I certainly hope you find something before then. Be persistant.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by xXBacktoBlackXx View Post
PaperDolls, I noticed that you said you used to take Effexor. If you don't mind my asking, did it not work out for you very well?
I took Effexor for over a year and it actually did help me (I think). I didn't have nausea while taking it, in fact not really any horrible side effects. My problem with the drug was that I kept building a tolerance to it and had to keep upping my dosage. I got to the point that I wasn't sure why I was taking it, to keep my depression away or to keep the withdrawal symptoms away.

Effexor has been a godsend for lots of people but we're all different. If you can't take the side effects you should talk to your doctor about trying something different.

Good luck to you!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
I've figured it out....I'm just not quite crazy enough.
Today. Just for today.
Tomorrow is another day. I'll check my sanity level again tomorrow.
Today I'm not crazy enough for sure -- had a good night with C. We talked a lot last night.....just about stuff. I didn't sleep very well and I woke up late, but I feel good anyway.

I'm alright with waiting until the 21st to see this new therapist. I have decided to ask her to read some stuff before I go see her. I'm going to put together some of my writings, old posts from here and stuff.....I do not want to have to start all over with explaining everything.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am so glad you got something sorted out.

I take a small dose (10mg) of Prozac and Lamictal, works well for me with no side effects yet. I wasn't on Effexor, but I was on Lexapro and slept constantly.

Take care, Rose
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I think I was on Lexapro at one point as well. That's something I need to get sorted out and try to remember what all I was on and for how long.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Oh man.....I well remember many times going through the same thing.
I didn't handle it very well...LOL.......I either called back, or showed up person screaming that this a TRUE emergencey. I AM crazy as hell....and I wasn't ABLE to postpone my breakdown for another day, let alone a month.Can't you see I am CRAZY right freakin NOWW!!!! They would either load me up with xanax or admit me to the local mental health unit.
Or I would call and tell them my meds were making me very very sick, vomiting til I couldn't move, diarrhea for days, sweating bad,etc etc that I didn't think the Lithium was helping at all, just making me crazy AND sick as hell.....they would always say.well.... you just have to give it longer, you're not being cooperative,maybe we should adjust the dose. yada yada yada......It was a nightmare.....

Yikes...........hang in there.

Call back and maybe ask for a call if they have a cancellation.
Don't hesitate to go to ER if need be........

********{Big Hugs}}}}}}}
Old 05-17-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

2stop, did you end up finding anything that worked for you med-wise?

PaperDolls, I hope that you get this sorted out soon.