Notices

I'm going into rehab tomorrow.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm going into rehab tomorrow.

Tonight will be my last night here for awhile. I just got back from the doc, and our home detox plan was a failure. I failed miserably, so I agreed to the hospital stay (which is what he wanted me to do in the first place). I'm kinda freaked out, and don't really know what to expect, but I do know one thing...I tried alone and it doesn't look like I can beat it this way. I feel relieved in a sense, but still ashamed that I failed. I never fail.

Doc reassured me that I am doing the best thing for myself, and that I will be around others with problems very similar to my own. I'm still very nervous. I leave tomorrow at 11:00a for who knows how long.

I will come out the other side a stronger person, I'm confident of that. I'm not letting some stupid bottle of beer or some pill take me down. I'm not going out like that.

If I am unable to have internet access, I'll be back to post my results.

If it weren't for this site, and all the inspirational posts I read, I don't think I would have agreed to this.

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best of luck in rehab. It sounds like the best choice for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thorn
Old 05-15-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Fade good luck, remember you can do this, here's The chance

God bless
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I resisted rehab for years and years. I was totally convinced I coud do it alone
WRONG! Rehab make sit so much easier, they medicate you through the withdrawals and make the process shorter than if you were to try it on your own.
I know you will do well. The things you hear at first you will probably reject, cause the addict in you doesnt want to be there. With time as the drugs leave your body you will gain more control. then things begin to seem a little either. Instead of fighting the process I think you will slowly embrace it.
You are doing the right thing. Let the addiction fad and give your self a new chance for a new life.
Take care
Old 05-15-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i hope you have a great rehab experience, fade. proud of you for taking the step. i know rehab has really helped my daughter this past year of recovery. i'll look forward to hearing from you when you get back home. blessings, k
Old 05-15-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Fade,

I'm really proud of you for taking this step - there is no shame in asking for help and admitting that you can't do it alone. This is NO failure - this is positive.
I hope that rehab is a positive experience for you - it was for me.
My best to you.

Rowan
Old 05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

this really brings me back to how scared i was before i checked into detox. i knew i was going to extended treatment afterwards but i didnt know where, how long, etc. i ended up going straight to a recovery house where i spent 8 extremely productive months. best thing that ever happened to me. you will look back on this moment as the best decision you've ever made and will reflect fondly on your time in rehab. i know your scared and confused now but dont think...just do....as you are now on a path towards happiness. this action you are taking can be monumental for you.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I'm extremely nervous about this, but it's the only option. The fact that I drank almost every night for the past eight years...

And now I'm going in to be medically supervised for at least the next eight days...it just scares me to death. In my heart I know this is what needs to be done. I won't fail...I made a promise to someone today. I intend to keep it.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Best decision Fade :!!! By this time tomorrow hopefully you'll be all settled in at the rehab and things won't seem as scary. I'm sending positive thoughts your way and well wishes for the beginning of your recovery .
Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do this, Fade. The fear is natural - hang in there.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hope3

Fade, you won't be fading from my memory

you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

You know what we fear the most? The unknown!

This is my favorite mellow song for just that fear...

Please listen to it, it says every thing I would want to say

to you, with rhythm.

Brett Dennen---Darlin Do Not Fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4PPQGILSrA

Best wishes, hope3
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

oh that's a great song, hope3.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanky you Hope3, that was a very cool tune. It eased my anxiety.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Chin up.
We'll all be thinking of you. Best of luck.

Hope
Old 05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Fade, I am so glad you decided to go into rehab. I was so scared when I went, but I was MORE scared NOT to go. What I found there was 120 other addicts/alcoholics all trying to do the same thing, get clean/sober. Yes, there were a lot of different personalities, and not everyone "liked" each other...but we all got along, trying to reach one common goal....sobriety/sanity. I was so tired...SOOOO tired, it was a relief for someone to tell me how to even function again. I found myself again while there..the real me. I will always be grateful to SHAR House, I go back and visit when I can, it will always be the place that gave me my life back.

Good luck...Cathy
Old 05-15-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ROCK ON Fade! You will be fine..keep in touch.

You have my number.

Tom
Old 07-22-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

fade......where r u?????