Notices

New here....and feeling desperate.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here....and feeling desperate.

Was stuck in a nasty binge all week. Had my last drink at 4:00 this morning. If it wasn't that there is no booze, and I am in no shape to drive (can barely stand or see straight)....I'd probably still be drinking.

Thank goodness there's no more booze I can easily get to right now. I'm feeling so disquested with myself. Fighting to put this alwful binge behind me, and quit for good.

I'm so scared.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

hey greta,

i'm glad you're here. you're doing the next right thing by coming here and posting your thoughts and feelings instead of seeking out another drink. good for you, those small steps are all it takes to get your life back on track. i know it seems bleak now, but just for today, you don't have to take a drink. just for today, you can do that. i don't know your situation, but if there's any aa meetings anywhere near you, that's a great resource for you to tap into. i might be biased, but aa helped me save my life.

anyway, so SO glad you're here, and welcome. there will be others along soon, sharing their experience, strength, and hope. i'm praying for you to feel no fear.

<3
Old 05-14-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Greta,

Welcome!

There is lots of support here and information too.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

I hope you can find some peace and answers here. I did. Like Em said the fact you came here is already a sign of your will. Stay strong!

you're very welcome

karim
Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Welcome, Greta, The first thing I would do is get rid of the fear. You're with friends who care here. Fear clouds your brain to what you must do. Awareness is good, fear is destructive. Get angry instead. Not at yourself, but at the culprit who has put you in fear — alcohol. Stand up to it and say out loud, "That's it, I'm not going to allow this a moment more. Today is my day to shine, without booze." Then set your mind to it. Don't allow fear to interrupt your goals any more. Talk with people here, attend AA, whatever it takes to give you strength and win. That's our goal here. Keep posting and congratulations on your decision.

Padraic
Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oh, greta...i know you are scared........it's ok, you are reaching out for help, and finding support, and admitting that you have a problem, all of those things take courage........

so many people here have quit drinking.....and are sober today because of the support they have recieved here and AA, their families......wherever they can get it.....

it is not an easy thing you want to do, but it's not impossible, not by a long shot.......people do it every day.....and so can you, just try, and try again.....pray, if you pray, and find all of the help you can.....

good luck to you , and welcome to sr! i'm always so happy to see newbies taking that first big leap.......

hugs
ayla
Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Greta welcome to Sr. Put some of the fear aside and take a breath. You found yourself in the right place. Many of us have been through or going through what you are experiencing.
Keep posting.
The bonding that goes on here is incredible because we all share something in common addiction.
Its a tough road and you dont have to do it alone.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Greta,

Welcome to Sober Recovery - I'm glad you're here. As you can see, there are many here who understand the struggles of sobriety and beyond. Do you have a plan in place to assist you with your new way of life? Coming here is a great first step, but it's vital to have other supports in place for when temptation beckons. Whether it's AA, another f2f recovery group, a trusted friend or family member, I urge you to have a plan while your resolve is so strong. Please keep posting and let us get to know you.

Rowan
Old 05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sobbing everyone.

Thank you for the well wishes.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

nothing to add to the excellent stuff thus far, Greta...except welcome !
see you round
D
Old 05-14-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Greta..........So many people know so much around here (I am not one of them), but they can help!

Welcome!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, greta. keep posting, k
Old 05-15-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi GG, good on you for stopping and recognizing that you need to quit for good.

Welcome to SR. I hope you find the support and encouragement here to assist you in your recovery.

Levi