Notices

Just awake and its 4.20pm

Old 05-14-2007, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Determined

Question Just awake and its 4.20pm

Gee feel like I have been run over by a train, not in an achy sense, more in a what the f**k happened there then!!

Lay on my bed and stated to read a bit of my book at 1ish and have just woken up at 4.22. Gee I feel just about as bad as having a hangover. Don't know if this is due to paxil? Anyone any ideas? No wonder I am anxious about da*n near everything I would probably just fall asleep anytime after 1pm, thats now 3 days in a row.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was put on Paxil and it was one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced. For me it was much worse than a hangover. I felt absolutely incredibly awful on it. It made me a lot more paranoid, too. I didn't give it a fair chance, these feelings are supposed to subside. If you think it is that you should talk to your doctor, the feelings should go away in two weeks or less, at least that was the case with me.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Determined

I have only been taking it 3 days but I am completely zonked from 1ish till 4ish every afternoon and then still sleep at night!! I just feel really groggy and disorientated, I was going to phone thhe pharmacy where I got the prescription from or maybe the doc I don't know, the doc will not answer the phone and prob won't call me back till tomorrow
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They put me on that when I found out about the cancer, and I hated it!!! It made me feel paranoid, anxious, made my eyes do this weird twitching thing and I couldn't get horny!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Excuse my typing! That was supposed to be the case with me, but I quit after about a week. The stuff was driving me insane. It might be better to give it a more fair chance. I was really worried when I was on it, too, and called my doctor and everybody, and they all assured me that what I was experiencing was normal.

I didn't know how believing I was going to die, not being able to leave my house, or even my bed sometimes, sensitivity to light, detachment, shaking, and a whole host of insane side effects could have been normal, but they apparently were. If you can make it through, perhaps you will feel better in the long run.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Talking to your pharmacist is a good idea cyberwolf, at least until you can get through to your dr.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Determined

Couldnt speak to Do, but nurse says to keep taking it, but I am not really keen on that idea, anm so groggy and sweaty and B/f here tonight and I think I may have the horniness prob too (great for feel good factor huh!!) as although I don't feel like I am going to die, I do feel generally very cr*p but it says not just to stop taking it, I can't get to docs before fri.......I know I shouldn't just stop but after 3 tablets would I experience withdrawal (I know you guys aren't medical experts - I just been in ur opinion??)
Old 05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you wont withdrawal after just 3 days wolfy
Old 05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

if you want to stop, just do it. I would ask for a diff kind of anti depressant. I'm on trazadone and effexor and I like both.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Determined

Smile

Ta for that, I was just worrying(not like me) about just stopping taking them. I also thought that maybe I could take them at night instead of morning, as just now I take it at 9am and feel SH*TE by 12 and fall asleep at 1 - 4, so with logic maybe if I took them at 9 at night I would sleep when I am sleeping if you know what I mean!!

But reading some of the other posts I'm wondering if they are in fact adding to my anxiety, I know everyones different but at least if I stopped tomorrow, then I would know bty Friday when back at docs.

Hope things cgood for you today TJ, pizza for tea here, just been ordered!!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Determined

Another day over

Away to bed

Will work out what to do about Paxil tablets tomorrow
Old 05-14-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

hmmm...I often 'have to have an afternoon 'nana nap'...and I can't *remember* horny....but I'm not on anti-deps...just OLD I guess !
LOL.
D
Old 05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I had a friend in recovery awhile back and when she started Paxil

she started biting her husband!!!!!

But don't stop until you see your Doctor!!!!!

The only way I have accumulated almost a year clean and sober

has been by following doctor's instructions to a T.

But she has changed my meds regime several times...I hope you

have a dcotor attentive to you and your needs...

Speaking of needs...what is "horny"?????? lol.

I am in my dreams..though. Weird.

Love,

IO
Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

sexual side effects are a common problem with SSRI's (paxil, luvox, prozac, zoloft, cipramil, etc) and each anti depressant affects every single person differently. Paxil/aropax was the worst one for me but each one comes with it's own list of effects. You might need to change meds a few times to find the right one which is really, really frustrating. I personally can't tolerate them at all and will never take them again BUT they do help thousands of people all over the world. You just have to find out what works for you and it can be a long slow process. Just hang in there. It actually takes around 4 weeks for them to kick in properly. Talk to your Dr as soon as you can and pharmacists are also an excellent source of information. I wish you well.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That last post of mine sounds like a real bummer, it's not meant to be. That was my personal experience and take from it what you need (if you do at all) and leave the rest.