SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello all (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/123505-hello-all.html)

NOMOMERLOTMAMMA 05-14-2007 04:23 AM

Hello all

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been here! I have over 60 days sober now..I feel good about that. My life is still in a big upheaval..my partner is moving in, (wonderful!) my mortgage company is trying to screw me out of my home (have legal help with that so it should be ok)and I haven't been to a meeting in over a month. This, I wish wasn't the case. I've been reading, coming here, etc., but its been too crazy here to go to a meeting..or, is that just an excuse? I don't know. I KNOW that I'm not doing too much to change my behaviors, other than reading, reading, and talking to my partner who has over 5 years in recovery...how do I stop making excuses???

K

karrotop 05-14-2007 04:37 AM

wishing you another 60 days....

hi merlot.....no excuses neccessary......60 days is a great accomplishment,no matter how you are doing it........just keep on doing it.....congrats!KT

indigo 05-14-2007 04:43 AM

Congrats on your sober time, glad you're back with such good news.

indigo

parentrecovers 05-14-2007 05:24 AM

nice to see you back, mm - blessings, k

laurie6781 05-14-2007 06:28 AM

.how do I stop making excuses???
Look at going to a meeting as an 'hour's respite' from everything going on in your life. Sort of a 'mini retreat' where you can leave all the chaos and busyiness outside the door, just go in grab a cup of coffee or tea and just sit and absorb all the good vibes, the smiles, and the great info.

60 days is great, and it is usually a very 'crazy time.' I used the meetings to calm me, and I would always feel refreshed when the meeting was over. I would fill back up with all the 'good feelings.' Many times when called on to share I would pass. I just wanted to listen.

So maybe, just maybe, if you start looking at the meetings as a 'break from everyday life' you will find it easier to go.

Hope that helps.

Love and hugs,

Toomutch 05-14-2007 06:38 AM

I think you're doing great...60 days is quite an accomplishment.

Having a supportive partner; as well as reading seem to be working well for you.

Congratulations!!!

~Toomutch

teej 05-14-2007 07:10 AM

Way to go Mamma!!!!!!!! :cheer

Rowan 05-14-2007 07:29 AM

Congratulations on your sober time. I strongly suggest you make an effort to get to a meeting at least a couple of times a week - more if possible. Sharing with your partner does not suffice - I tried that route instead of meetings - I relapsed.
Please keep posting when you can - I'm glad you're here.

Rowan

gypsytears 05-14-2007 07:53 AM

Nice to see you back...and with 2 months!!!

How to stop making excuses? Just do it. Deceptively simple advice isn't it :) ? You have made a major change by staying sober but if meetings are important to you, just go. Take the time and get to some. Maybe aim for a certain # p/week? Once it becomes a habit I'm sure the excuses will lessen.

NOMOMERLOTMAMMA 05-14-2007 09:51 AM

Thanks everyone!!!