Notices

Work? HELP PLEASE!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Determined

Question Work? HELP PLEASE!!!

Well Its a lovely sunny day here just been out back with the dog intend to take him to the park after breakfast (yes actually having a bowl of cereal) Supposed to be at work by 9.30 but feel really surreal and anxious at the thought, for no reason

Does anyone have any ideas should I go and try ride it out or should I have a couple of days off and try and get out and do stuff like walk dog in woods and hope med kicks in.

Another thing that worries me is by 1pm sat and sun I have been sound asleep in my bed. BUT I don't want to get into bother for being off at work, adds to stress/anxiety

Arghhhh

Any help PLEASE
Old 05-14-2007, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I find myself wishing I had something helpful to say, but I wish you good luck. I have an anxiety disorder, and understand a bit of what that's like. I had someone who I could call all of the time if things got overwhelming for me. If you do choose to go in to work, maybe you can do that.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Determined

Unhappy

B*gger B*gger B*gger

Phoned work to say I won't be in, and ended up in tears AGAIN!!!!!

Now feel totally Cr*p AGAIN, and its only 9am, People are suffering, like true and proper suffering, pain, loss, physical and mental abuse all over the world and I'm bubbling like a baby over absolutely nothing

Sometimes I hate myself for being so stupid. Now don't want to go out with the dog or do anything. Sun still shining and I am looking at it through blurry eyes, what a mess!!

Mouth dry, feel sick

What is all this about?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Determined

Angry Still feel Anxious

No news there then huh?

I did take the dog to the park

And I drove to the bank to put a cheque in but the queue was far too big(about 6 people) and the bank far too small therefore whole process far too scary, so I chose the easy option of filling out a quick deposit envelope, though I have to say even that caused me to shake and sweat. Wonder what would happen if I just had the courage not to run from these feelings. But doc says thats what my body is telling me to do fight or flight and all that.

Back at home now (obviously because I am on pc) and trying to chill out and decide what to do about work tomorrow, the thought makes me sick.

I don't want to be me!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Have you got a doctor you feel you can talk to? Anxiety is a crippling disorder, keeping you in my thoughts.

indigo
Old 05-14-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Determined

Thanks Indigo, My doc is really good and told me to phone him anytime, but to be honest I don't wantto bother him!! There are people who are very seriously ill and there's me who is just plain scared about nothing!!

It is a little better, like I CAN go out with the dog now, and I have even done 2 loads of washing today!!, but queues and people freak me out and the idea of being in the town centre where the office is getting in a lift and going into the office just makes me start to shake.

Im at docs again 4.50 on fri to see how paxil is doing for me, thats what he prescribed along with Inderal and valium - though I havn't been taking the valium as it makes me feel worse after about 10 minutes, day 3 of paxil today. I just thought the anxiety was withdrawal but to be honest its worse not being able to drink to calm my nerves! Catch 22 eh.

Thanks for your reply
Old 05-14-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cyberwolf,

I too get anxious about work and going out, and geez, here I am at the beach. I find that most of my anxieties are about nothing at all. Just anxiety about... anxiety I guess. As much as I dread it, I do better in a crowd. Surprising even myself.

It's sunny here too, a cool day. I have been sitting on the deck watching a bunny in the yard, not a care in the world. Nibbling on Lord knows what.

I take lorazepan for my really bad moments. Makes me feel like I am in control. The best thing for me is to give the control to my higher power and let him worry about how things will happen today. Then I am free to do whatever.

The withdrawal WILL pass and you WILL feel better. I promise! I am 8 weeks sober today and have been on meds for 7 weeks. So it does take time.

Hang in there my friend, and here's some big (((((hugs))))) for you. As many as you need.

Carol
Old 05-14-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cyber you are making all the right moves and so happy for you. You deserve to succeed and I'm sure with a sympathetic doctor you will. Give yourself a pat on the back and have one from me too.

hugs indigo
Old 05-14-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi CWolf

Originally Posted by cyberwolf View Post
Thanks Indigo, My doc is really good and told me to phone him anytime, but to be honest I don't wantto bother him!! There are people who are very seriously ill and there's me who is just plain scared about nothing!!
true...but you didn't get to work today - y'know, that's a sign things could be better...

and I've never done the meds thing apart from anti-depressants for a while, and they just made me REALLY anxious and antsy, so it's just possible at least a little of what you're feeling is chemically induced, so maybe a quick Doc call might not be a total waste ?

just my tuppence worth !

take care
D