Notices

Day 3 - Weekend Looms

Old 05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 - Weekend Looms

Weekend is just around the corner, I have plenty to keep me busy but was we all know this is the danger zone for me. I feel really strong though, I am STILL sick from last weekend I swear. Certainly not quite right, that's for sure.

blech.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

have you considered going to an AA meeting this weekend for support? It may not be a bad idea
Old 05-09-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It's great to see that you're posting Sarah, and that you're aware of the red flags.

Early sobriety was not that long ago for me. Some weekends I'd make 3-4 meetings each day, whatever it took to keep my mind off drinking.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad that you're reaching out. 'Day 3 - Weekend Looms' says it all.
Remember how you felt after that binge, and what made you resolve to give up drinking. I couldn't stay stopped without AA. I hope you decide to give it a try.
My best to you.

Rowan
Old 05-09-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Try to remember, the weekend is just two more days of the week. When we are first in recovery, it might be safer to just stay home or go to a meeting...don't even answer the phone if you are afraid it is someone trying to get you to go out and party!! Maybe rent a few movies Friday and stay in and relax....remember, someone is always here if you need to talk!!!

Cathy
Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not too far ahead of you. I have managed to make it through 2 weekends so far. I found the best thing to Friday night is go see a movie as soon as you finish work or school/uni. Or get to an AA meeting friday night just to sit in the corner to listen and get some inspiration. On the way home grab some movies and if friends ring to go out and party, tell them something has come up or you're not feel to crash hot. Just stay away from the pubs/clubs and bars. When you wake up just get out of bed and go for a walk, just do anything all day that will keep you busy, but most important of all just keep it really, really simple. Mapping out your day wasn't such a great idea for me, it cause too much stress, just go with the flow and see where it takes you. Good luck Sarah, I had a really bad day yesterday but I didn't drink and today I feel so much better. One day at a time sounds corny at first but it will start to make sense with time.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope3

Glad to see you SOTS, I'm gearing up

for a busy summer. Always something to look forward to.

Hugs, love and hope, hope3
Old 05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Incredibley Depressed Today

I am incredibley depressed today, I am sure it is a withdrawl symptom. Yet one more reason this madness must cease and desist. I truly do NOT need another contributor to my already depression prone psyche.

Watching my son at soccer tonight, thinking of the fact that he'll be 15 soon and I could've done so many things better and feeling like everything has happened so fast.

I have gained a lot of weight, over 200lbs now which is enormous for me and I feel miserable about myself.

In fact, it seems like all I want to do is punish myself and abuse my body...for something I can't even identify.

I feel like I need so much help I don't even know where to start. I also know, from my previous attempts at sobriety, that it DOES get better and once my system normalizes a little...so will my emotional state.

One thing I know for certain is that forgiveness is going to be in order, I will have to ask for it from others and give it to myself freely. I am not a bad person, I am just sick and now I realize that more than ever before.

I am looking at AA meetings in my area for Friday/Saturday...I want to know times/locations so I can go if I am not doing well.

Thanks to you all. HOPE3, hang in there girl...you are so strong! Look how far you've come!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Stay in focus.....You too can win over addiction.

Blesings
Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hope3

Congrats on your new approach,,,,,hey,

it's ok if it doesn't work the first time, just ask

Thomas Edison.......every mistry leads to another

try......I'm so glad you are back Sarah, more hugs, hope3
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Sarah . I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down... but it's nice to see you back. You sound like you have a plan so I'm sending good vibes for the weekend. You can do it!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Me being one that got into that pattern of thinking last weekend as well, don't do it. I went through 7 days of alcoholic hell. And now get to go through 3 days of alcohol withdrawal and weeks of reparations, apologies and trust rebuilding. Go to a meeting, or a series of meetings, post on these boards. A slip is a slip like other posters said try to visualize the past bender u went on. It sucked I am sure. Never any fun to be had drinking for people like us.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congrats on that sobriety date Mister7! It rocks!