Notices

11 Days Sober.....

Old 05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"For the moment, life is good"

11 Days Sober.....

I have 11 days sober today. Sadly I came about them the hard way. On April 27th after an argument with my husband I dropped out of the world of sobriety. After a few beers and years of feeling sorry for myself, wondering why my life has turned out to be the way it is, I ended up swallowing 13 Ativan, washing them down with another beer. I had the sense to call 911 at some point and by the time anyone got here I was numb all over and in real trouble. By the time I got to the hospital, via ambulance, my airway was shutting down, depressed by the medication and alcohol. After spending 2 days in ICU on a ventilator I was transferred to a behavioral hospital where I spent another 9 days. There I recieved alot of counseling and was also prescribed a new medication for my bi-polar disorder.
I was released yesterday, as to which I am grateful. Shortly after being released, I had a couple of errands to run and ended up having a couple of panic attacks. After all, I was back out in the real world. I managed to calm myelf with some of the techniques I had just learned. I had a somewhat restless night last night and am still struggling with a very sore throat from being intubated for so long, but I'm positive I will still have a good day. I have an appointment with my therapist this afternoon and another appointment tomorrow with a gentleman to discuss continued out patient treatment, of which will be a bit intensive. 14 weeks, 4 nights a week, 3 hours a night. The Dr. who runs the program saw me in the emergency room and told me a few days later that I had broken his heart. He came and sat with me a few times during my stay in ICU, as to which I have no memory. He told me I have a lot to live for and that he is willing to help show me what that is. That I have a purpose.
I just wanted to share this and let you all know that I will make sure to seek continued support for my addiction to alcohol, through this wonderful website, my therapists and A.A., which I will attend my first meeting this Thursday with the good Dr. Thank you for listening.....
Laceyhearts.....

" I found myself someone who had not shown the courage to change because I had not known what opportunities for change there were."
Old 05-08-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey laceyhearts, congrats on 11 days. keep seeking support. it's good to see you back! blessings, k
Old 05-08-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you made it through your ordeal and are alive to talk about it.
It sounds like you have some good support.

Best wishes on going to that meeting.

Thorn
Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's awesome, keep up the good times! Levi
Old 05-08-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so sorry you have gone through so much, but it has brought you to a place where you are ready to make the changes you need. It sounds like you're moving forward. And, how wonderful to have such a caring dr. That really is rare.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Laceyhearts,

I am so glad you made it back to us...I sense your emotional pain...We are here for you...Keep posting...

Thinking of you...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1178552202
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1Dove.jpg (1.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Lacey, I'm so glad you're here to share that, many of us come into sobriety through experiences like yours. You're not alone in this.

Even with two years of sobriety I still wonder what my purpose is at times, but AA has given me a purpose in sharing my experience, strength, and hope with others in the program. My life is full and rich, nothing could be better. I hope your first meeting is a positive experience, it sounds like you've got some great people on your side.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lacey,
WHat a scary eperience. I am so glad you made it through. Don't give up on yourself. Listen to that doctor. People are brought into our lives for a reason. He's right, you do have too much to live for. Stay safe and take good care of yourself.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lacey,

Thank God you survived your ordeal - please keep reaching out and doing whatever it takes to get well. You are a good person who deserves to recover.

Rowan
Old 05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Hi Laceyhearts, I can hear through your words

a kind of relief. A release of some sort, maybe it's because

you have the road map in place you are chosen to follow. I

had that kind of feeling when I figured out my plans to follow, and

then let what happens happen....I'm glad you are here Laceyhearts.

Hope3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sunset2.jpg (20.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi Laceyhearts, how's it going?

I love the pictures you shared on the

"Inspirations and Nature" thread, glad you are here.

Hope3
Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
"For the moment, life is good"

Thanks everyone for your kind words.... It means a lot to me...
Laceyhearts.....