Notices

Got the job, lost the boyfriend

Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm really sorry to hear what happened with you and your mother.

blessings, k

(good to hear the new job is a success..)
Old 05-11-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

oh, mimi...how awful.....

i can't imagine......

stay strong......and remember, deal with today for now......you will face the past when you are ready, and stronger.......hopefully when you have a little sober time under your belt......

i really can't find the words to say to you, but know i am here and you are in my prayers and thoughts today......
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

mimi What a terrible memory to have to go through life with. I dont know what to say either, except give you a hug. I'm so very sorry.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say either sometimes.

I feel like I lost the whole 'point' when that happened. Not that I can ever remember having a point, but I do remember having feelings about stuff; silly stuff, being told off for not being home on time, told off for things I said/did.

I want a future, I want a family and I want to give back what was taken from me.

At the same time, I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel anger about the things that have happened, I hate myself and at times feel violence/hatred/anger and take it out on myself. This I am trying to change. Why do I beat myself up continuously?

M x
Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by mimi54321 View Post
I don't know what to say either sometimes.
neither do I...except that I'm sorry...

I feel like I lost the whole 'point' when that happened. Not that I can ever remember having a point, but I do remember having feelings about stuff; silly stuff, being told off for not being home on time, told off for things I said/did.

I want a future, I want a family and I want to give back what was taken from me.

At the same time, I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel anger about the things that have happened, I hate myself and at times feel violence/hatred/anger and take it out on myself. This I am trying to change. Why do I beat myself up continuously?

M x
for me it's a bit of a chicken and the egg thing...did I start drinking because I hated myself (for whatever reasons) and wanted to drown that out; or do I hate myself because I've drunk away a large part of my life, and ****ed up who knows how many different things because of it...

I think most of us would say a little from column A, a little from column B...the important thing to do is try and recognise this self-loathing crap and deal with it. How ? I'll let you know when I find out !!

Not running away from dealing with it - with a bottle - and coming here helps, though...

D
Old 05-11-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Mimi,

I wanted to recommend a book - a great read - it's fiction. Written by Marian Keyes, it's called Rachel's Holiday. The main character is from the UK and is a drug addict and alcoholic in her 20's. The 'holiday' referred to in the title is actually her stint in rehab. Because of the author's real-life struggles with addiction and depression, she was able to accurately portray what Rachel went through in her struggle to get clean and sober. It's an excellent book, and is very very funny. I thought you might like to read it - even my non-alcoholic friends really enjoyed it.
I hope you are having a better day.