Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, cw! k
Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Determined

Thumbs up

Just thought I needed to share the fact with someone that I managed a little breakfast today and then went out for lunch and got sandwiches and sat by the sea watching the waves despite the fact it was drizzly rain and cold (British summers!!!!)

Then I went to the supermarket which has been really worrying me, as last week after a night of vodka and wine, I got up to the checkout and had a major panic attack, legs like jelly, heart racing, dry mouth, felt sick and I had to run out of the shop and back to the car (because obviously the best place to be if you collapse is on your own in a car rather than in a busy shop where there will be 1st aiders!!)

I was really nervous going into the shop, but I got a few little things including cat food! and managed to pay for the stuff and walk calmly out of the shop. Going to try to relax in hot bath and watch TV with lots of glasses of water.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

CW -

Welcome to the SR famly.

I was right where you are just a scant 33 days ago! I am gaining self confidence, serenity and peace, integrity, reliability, focus, and the list goes on and on. My anxiety has lessened 90%. Hang in there, it really will get better!

My withdrawal symptoms lasted about a week and the night sweats continued unabated for about two weeks (lots and lots and lots of laundry). As many have said, quitting is the easy part, but staying quit takes work. Do you have a plan for your recovery? While there are many programs, I go to AA and find that the face-to-face support is immeasurable!

TinLizzy
Old 05-07-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WELCOME=) You've made a great choice and you sound very motivated. Be careful with the meds. You're body is all out of whack when you are detoxing... so, I personally would be wary of taking any meds without letting your doctor know that you are detoxing. That's just my opinioin, but I'm not a doctor. Keep drinking lots of water and get rest. Keep posting on these boards and let us know how you're doing. SR is a wonderful place to find support. Best of luck to you!