Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 27 (XXVII)

Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 27 (XXVII)

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey guys!!! I missed you all so much this weekend. My computer is being fuddy duddy and I can't figure out what the problem is. I connect, but can't connect. Make sense?

Well, I am thinking about all of you and sedning hugs and happy thoughts. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!!!!!

LAP
Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi to all the mommas!

Just wanted to give a shout out to all you great mamas. It is always therapeutic to read what you write. Thirteen days sober today and feeling crazy, but good. My prayer for all of you today is that you will "pause when agitated" and find peace no matter what your circumstances are.

YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

(((Laura)))- You are very normal, sweetie. I can relate to everything you are saying. It just makes you wonder.... who has posessed my body!!??!! Things really do start to even out- It sounds like your husband is supportive- that is great. I let my kids know my emotions were going to be all over the place, so please be understanding. Sometimes they can look at me and know I just need a hug. Be open and honest with them. You are doing great- believe it or not. xoxo

(((Scoot)))- LOL!!! That's like waving to someone then realizing you don't really know them... trying to act all cool after..... although, I'm sure you looked like a hot mama!

miss you NYC- school is almost out!!!

I went to an 8:30 Dr. appt this morning---- ooops- it's actually tomorrow morning! Again, have I mentioned the hair color???????

Love to my mommies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choose to have a good day!!!! CDTE & CUTE

xoxo T
Old 05-07-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisap View Post
My prayer for all of you today is that you will "pause when agitated" and find peace no matter what your circumstances.

I like it, Lisa. That's our phrase for the day-
**Pause when agitated**
Old 05-07-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
I like it, Lisa. That's our phrase for the day-
**Pause when agitated**
If i could perfect that one, I wouldn't get into as much trouble as I do, lol. Progress, not perfection!

Have a good day Y'all!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

remember the bee sting???
i screwed up pulling the stinger out, and now miki has cellulitis in her hand if it doesn't clear with antibiotics, she has to see a surgeon.
i HATE being the cause of her pain, poor baby....she's so good
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

(((misti))) So sorry to hear that! Hope she's better soon!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

morning (er, afternoon) all!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone! I went to my fourth meeting today. It is so much easier. I even spoke to a few people before the meeting.

Right now I have an huge headache. I am not sure if it is do to caffine or just stress.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

**{bwmd}} you are doing the right things! way to go!

i love "pause when agitated"! it sounds like my washing machine--but it also is something that i really really really need to do. i get an emotion flash and immediately act on it, frequently to my detriment. i'll try pausing a little more.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

hi, girls.......sorry i don't have time to read at the moment....suddenly i'm so incredibly busy, with avatars, and friends requesting graphics and myspace layouts, tags and backgrounds, i don't know what to do with myself! i look at it as great practice because....

i have the applications on the way...........and i'm going to go to OU in the fall for online small business and graphic arts!!!!!

i'm so excited, my kids are all in school next year for three hours, i can do it online, but i want to take some classes in athens for the experience, you know? i missed out on all of that because i became a mama......no regrets, but i do want to see what i missed!

i hope hope hope this works out!!! say big prayers!!!!!

i love you all so much, i would not be here and making these huge decisions without you, i would never have wanted to make something of myself if i had not found all of you wonderful and inspiring women who do so much and i admire more than you could ever know!!!

ayla
Old 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

go ayla, go ayla, go ayla!!!

happiness looks good on you, honey!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I used the "Pause when agitated" quite a bit today cause I was agitated quite a bit, lol. My co-workers think I've lost it.....i sit at my desk repeating "pause when agitated, pause when agitated, I'm agitated, pause when agitated"...good thing they already know i'm crazy.

Hi Jackie - I miss you!

BWMD - way to go!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

hello my girls---from lovely southeast nebraska--the weather sucks!!!! LOL it has rained the entire time from the time i left my driveway--all weekend long and when i got to interstate 29 ---yes my cyber friends it was closed due to flooding--so i take the detour route ---hahahaha--guess what???-----YUP----the detour road was also closed---so the detour to the detour would have made my drive 5 hours longer---yes i said 5 HOURS more to an already 11 hour drive--!!!!!! with 2 kids ummmmm NO WAY JOSE!!! so i turned around drove back to my grandparents (my cell had no service) so i could use the phone and call my dh and tell him i would come home tomorrow OMG what a nightmare --so then i called brionnas school to tell them she would miss another day---the secretary proceeds to lecture me on unexcused absenses state funding BLAH BLAH BLAH--i am like i don't need to hear this sh!t right now the my mother decides to play the " I TOLD YOU SO" card -- so i am thinking to myself--somebody just come punch me in the face -- i could deal with the better than i could deal with this crap right now---oh-well -i got to go shopping today-took my kids through jon browns cave(brionna learned more from that than sitting in a classroom anyway)--in nebraska city-and i can visit with my sister one more night --so some good came out of it. i will be back to my regular posting when i return--just wanted to tell you all hello and i am having a great time(regardless of the crappy weather)-i kind of skimmed back over the posts!
IG looks like you had fun at yout concert
PETIE hey girl my brother is doing well--no girlfriend though
TAM i am glad you are doing ok
scoot, ayla , beezy ,laura, misti, nyc hope you are all doing well--if i missed someone sorry i am in a hurry to get this done before my sis gets home--she doesn't know about sr--or my addiction. SHHHHHH nobody tell!!! LOL
Old 05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

i miss you to ig--i will be home soon!!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I would like to tell all of the mommies about an Awesome woman at my meeting today. This woman has survived 2 types of cancer. Her words were so inspiring to me that I regret that I cannot go to that meeting tomorrow. (Have to go to a funeral for a great person.)

I am going to kick this!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

We miss you, Jackie! Drive safely home!

BWMD- You sound like you are really doing great! I'm going to two meetings tomorrow to collect my 30 day chips!!!!! YAY! I think DH is going with me, too,to the night one.

I wish I would have had the "pause when agitated" montra yesterday...... Today was MUCH better! I just don't even know who that person was in my body yesterday, but I hope she stays gone!

Ayla- That is such GREAT news! I'm so proud of you! That sounds perfect for you! Speaking of avatars....... let me know if you get some free time!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Funny thing... As I'm lying awake at 4:30 this am, I happened to think about all of you great mommies, and I suddenly realized what IGFAN stands for! DUH! After all the concert talk and pictures, you'd think I woulda figured it out sooner! Oh, well, I had a good chuckle before finally drifting back off to sleep.....
Old 05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

((((((Ayla)))))) What AWESOME news!!!!! Rock On!!!!!
((((Jackie))))) Drive safe!!!! glad your having a great time in spite of the crappy weather!!!!!

(((((ALL of My Mommies)))))

I am extremly tired tonite, I gues the major lack of sleep has my resistance down because I have been fighting a tooth ache, ear ache and sore throat with fever....I am just praying that it is mostly sinuses. So I am going to try another sleeping pill and pray for more then a couple of short hours....just waiting for the oldest to get home in a few minutes so I can lock down the fort and drift off.

I didnt hear from Dad again today, I am heart broken, maybe he will call tomorrow...please say a prayer!!!!

On a lighter note.........................Sallys called today.......I GOT THE JOB!!!!!
And my zoloft came through from the manufacturer, they are giving it to me 3 months at a time FREE!!!! YEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWW!!!!! One script down, 2 to go!!!! My new boss (oh my that sounds WONDERFUL) is going to call with my training schedule tomorrow, I will find out the details, how much$$ etc. too.....I know it will be above minimum because I told them I would not work for min. due to my experience but at this point, I dont care....ANYTHING!!!! LOL
Ok so Im off to hopefully dreamland......
Sleep sweet!!!!
~HUGS!~ Liss
Old 05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....it is FULL TIME gauranteed 40 hours a week!!!! YAY