Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 27 (XXVII)

Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 27 (XXVII)

Old 05-04-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

bwmd white can be good i love bleach, thanks all does amonia kill lice??
Old 05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The problem is that they are white with black pin stripes!

HeadLice.org looks like they have some good answers.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, I had the interview nailed!!! Locked down!!!! I had been there....in the stockroom under the flourescent lights with the door shut for about 45 minutes when sure enough, my vision started to go.......and next thing I know, I was coming to and they were staring at me asking if I was alright and telling me that they didnt know what happened but that I just sorda passed out or something!!!! She asked me if I had some sort of medical condition that would jeapordize my ability to work there and I lied through my teeth and said no, that I thought it was because I hadnt eaten because I was too nervous BLAH BLAH BLAH and apoligized all over the place. They were very nice and even finished the interview while giving me some peanut butter crackers and a soda but then sent me on my way without even saying they would let me know.
I am SOOOOO embarressed and humiliated!!! I just want to be freakin NORMAL!!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH! I need to go lay down now, my head is splitting, I will check back later, I just wanted to let ya'll know!!!!
Liss
Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Liss.......DO NOT GIVE UP! Sorry to hear that that happened.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

liss there has got to be some assistance out there

1 hour till the party...just checking in to say

HAPPY FRIDAY...

will read more later !!!

~Beezy
Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Liss- so sorry to hear that happened.. There's another, better job out there for you. Just keep trying! Don't let this one get you down, it's just not meant to be. Besides, you probably shouldn't be working in a place with flourescent lights, anyway!

Ig- have a great time at the concert! I love Indigo girls!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

mel.......there is a spray near the nix for headlice......be sure to wash EVERYTHING......and get every egg....or they can come back.......

you want to make sure you don't have it, and your kids friends don't.....or you'll keep passing it back and forth....boil your combs and brushes......and using nix or bleach on them won't hurt.........

mayo in the hair helps the eggs come out easier......clean your comb in between combs with vinegar.......

we used to get it all the time....my hair was so light, my mom made me wear a bun in my hair for like 2 years......

one little girl in my school's mom shaved her head.....she had to go to school with a wig on, poor thing......i can understand a boy, but how could you do that to a girl......
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

(((((jane))))))thanks, sweetie.......and thanks for the compliment on the pic.....did you all see my smile? happy now? hehe......did anyone notice i edited out my boobs on the avitar? lol......figured it's not a great idea for all the world to see my gynormous melons.....
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laura_P View Post
Liss- so sorry to hear that happened.. There's another, better job out there for you. Just keep trying! Don't let this one get you down, it's just not meant to be. Besides, you probably shouldn't be working in a place with flourescent lights, anyway!

Ig- have a great time at the concert! I love Indigo girls!
me too!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

(((Liss)))) I'm so sorry.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

it's the BEST day EVER!!!!!!!! I GOT BACKSTAGE PASSES BABY!!!!!!! BACKSTAGE!!!! TO THE INDIGO GIRLS!!!!!! DID I MENTION I GOT BACKSTAGE PASSES? WOO HOO!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Tammy! Did you hear? I got backstage passes to the Indigo Girls tonight!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

ig--you are too funny! have a great time (as if there's a chance for it not to be...?)

**{lolli}} what a mess. so sorry for you. but there must be some reason why things happened the way they did...maybe a window is opening somewhere...
Old 05-04-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Mommies!

AZ - Your post last night hit me to the absolute core of my being. I just wrote what I felt at that very moment. I feel very grateful that I was of some comfort to you. It actually did ME a world of good. It has been awhile since I have felt like I have had anything to contribute to anybody. I really would like to come out of the shadows and join you all. Thanks to the rest of you for your support and encouragement.

Hey Ig - Ummm...are you going backstage or something with the Indigo Girls, lol? I saw them in concert several years ago with Bonnie Raitt. They are awesome.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

we lost another one, girls.........this sucks.....he was only 16....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eath-meth.html

mtn.....i do hope you join us here.......last night i was so low and you really have no idea how much you helped me........
Old 05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I think that IG has back stage passes ??

Birthday party was soooo much fun...had all 8 kids and 4 moms that I really enjoyed...all teachers at the school and then the school nurse..

did I tell ya'll they offered me an assistant teaching job at the preschool ???

I am still considering it ??

LIFE IS GOOD ....and I am clean...

much love,

~Beezy
Old 05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Lice,

For God's Sake...my girls haver never had them, but once about 10 years ago, my ex did!

I had never seen one of the buggers!

It was about 1:00 a.m, and we headed for the nearest Wal-Mart 30 miles away!
NIX works!
Fixed that problem quick...I had no idea they were as big as they are....

I thought they would be little flea-like creatures.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Beezy - I hope you take the job and here is why. Both my son's are grown. The youngest is a senior in high school and getting ready to leave for college in the fall. When they were young I worked full time, but was bound and determined to be as involved as I could in their life. I worked too much, stretched myself too thin. The happiest of happiest days spent looking back were when I was involved with the kids school. I was in PTA, Every sport board of directors under the sun, Team Mom, you name it I did it. I volunteered in the classroom whenever I could. I was offered a job at one point at my younger son's Montessori school. I turned it down. Too busy with other things that I thought were important that just were not. Now that it is almost over...I mean, I'm gonna have to wait for grandkids to get this chance again, it goes so fast...time, I mean. In a blink of an eye I'm done with all the joy and of course the drive ya nuts stuff like laundry piled to there and 33 cupcakes today and a party tomorrow kind of stuff.

So share with us...what are your thoughts about taking on the job? I'm sorry, I can't quite remember without looking back as to if you work, choose the toughest stuff at all, staying at home. Somehow, aren't you the one that works with the developmentally disabled?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Beezy- Congrats on the job offer! Hope it all works out for you, whether you take it or not.

I'm good.. went to an AA meeting today and made it the whole time without crying! And I got a sponser! The lady from my book club who brought me to my first meeting where she got her 2 year chip. She's really nice, a very good listener, and I'll be her first sponsee. We have a lot in common. The meeting was a Bog Book meeting and they talked a lot about step 5, which I'm nowhere near yet, but it gave me some perspective of what to expect.

I wonder if Iggy is having a good time at the concert....

Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been reading back and I missed out on so much. I have been so busy with work.

Ayla you are so stunning! I was like woah momma! Sorry to hear you down. I know it can get like that sometimes. My dad passed away almost two years ago and the
1st year was the worst. We were super close, but he fought a year and a half battle with cancer that tore me apart, and not having him here is very tough still. So I feel ya!!!!! The happy memories do start to over shadow the emptiness.

Beezy congrats on the year and the job offer!!!!

Liss, sorry to hear about your interview. Things happen for a reason though. I am a big believer in that. Keep looking babe!!!

Ig, I am so envious. I have seen them a couple of times and could sing every song on cue. Hope you had a great time. Glad to hear you feel better.

Jackie - hope nebraska is going well, Give your brother a big smooch and tell him one of your cyber friends would loce a guy like him. Hubba Hubba.

Lice. Yuck! Sorry, but I ate stuf like that. We have ticks bad here. I had lice as a kid, and my mom is a clean freak!!! We used Nix too. I don't know about the other stuff though. I would agree with Misti, sounds right.

Scoot - I have a load in the wash an one in the dryer and I don't even want to touch them. I swear I do two loads a day.

Love you guys. So last night we drive all the way to the rink and my son throws up in the car. It was great. We had to turn around and go home and they lost the game 7 to 3 Poor kid had a migraine and was trying to hide it so he could play.

So they are playing or third place tomorrow!

Miss all you guys!