Notices

Emotions all over the place

Old 05-04-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Stone,

You will be ok...

When you wake up each morning tell yourself you will not drink..

I know what you mean about your emotions being all over the place...In some ways it is good because at least you are feeling again.

Thinking of you...friend...
Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

wont quit before the miracle happens lol!
Stone come on man, you can tell us!!! The statement above is AA thru and thru!!!! You have been going to AA meetings haven't you? LOL

Stone you have gone through this stage before and made it, just a warning though, it is going to be a bit tougher this time then last. Keep that in mind my friend, it gets tougher every time.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and encouragement, stone. i'm on YOUR side! k
Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just RIDE IT OUT: go for a run/walk anything....AA, CA, NA anything to stop you drinking or call someone.

COME ON WE ARE HERE WITH YOU

M x
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone

Fly-thanks, there is no question of me giving in, this is just part of the withdrawals. I also soaked the bed with sweat last night and this is 8 days since I last drank

Missy-thanks

Taz-hehe, the physical withdrawals werent so bad early on this time but the mental and emotional stuff is worsed and all of them are carrying on for longer too, I would normally expect to be fine after a week. So yes you are right.

k-thanks hun I really appreciate your support.

I just had a snooze on the couch as I had to get out of my soaking wet and cold bed after only a few hours sleep last night. I am gonna have some coffee and chocolate and figure out something nice to eat for tea (dinner or evening meal to anyone not from the north of england).

edit
I missed your post mimi, dont worry I wont be drinking today!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry you're struggling - but so glad you're doing this. You deserve to get well.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Stone,
You are doing the right thing. Yes, it feels awful in the beginning, but I've discovered that sobriety alleviates the depression. Stay strong. You can do it!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Rowan and Live, thats another day done. I just hope tomorrow is better lol. Even if it isn't I won't drink. Simple.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

9 days sober and I feel tons better! As Churchill said 'this isn't the beginning of the end, it is the end of the beginning' lol.
There will be other challenges but this withdrawal mood-swing thing has passed now.
Thanks for your support everyone it meant a hell of a lot to me.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

keep trying, and never give up stone'y...

mama said life wouldnt always be easy...

ppfftt, nor recovery...

forge ahead our friend...

xxoo, rz
Old 05-05-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

oh stone

sorry to see your having a rough time mate your story sounds like mine its so difficult to stop drinking i ended up in town last night bladdered woke up at some girls house miles away from mine i met cannot remember much but must of drank a lot due to feeling really ill i went to my counselor on thursday told her how i was feeling and she has referred me to the psychiatric nurse for an evaluation to see if can get rehab on Wednesday the 9th seems like ages away hope i make it till then drink really screws you up in a really bad way want to get into a detox centre hopefully cannot seem to just get started not drinking well had my little vent hope you feel better i know these words may sound hollow but all we can do is try cya mate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2006297145622.jpg (21.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi RZ, thanks mate!

Hi R4M, long time no see! I am improving a bit now mate thanks. I hope you get into detox and rehab soon. In the meantime-try and take it easy!

edit
Thanks Wander and well done on the nearly 30 days! I am looking forward to clearer thinking, kinda foggy atm but the mood swings are a lot better.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
dove.gif (34.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-05-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Stone, one day at a time! I didn't realize how much of an emotional rollercoaster quitting drinking would be until I quit...then I came to the boards and saw that other people feel the same way. That was kind of comforting.

I totally understand. Yesterday, I was in such a good mood during the afternoon and then about an hour later, I was crying and I had no idea why. I felt nuts!! Guess this is a part of our journey, right?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi B2B, it sure is part of the journey and knowing it was normal and to be expected helped me cope with it better. I was going from elated to nearly crying in a split second, like someone had just flicked a switch.
It can carry on to a less severe degree for a while so it is worth being aware of that too, you have probably seen this but it I will link it anyway. Keep strong B2B

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm