Notices

Ok i've hit bottom

Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Ok i've hit bottom

Well let's say i've just about reached my bottom.I recently lost my job(which i hated anyway),broke it off with my longterm girlfriend cause i was too unhealthy to be in a relationship(i liked to drink too much and she was getting in the way),I moved into a friends basement(it's dark and depressing),I'm broke and feel very uninspired to look for work(i don't have much spark to go to an interview and try and appear enthusiastic),I also suffer from depression and drink to feel better only to wake up hungover and try to ward off the hangover with more booze and the cycle goes round and round..I've pretty much bottomed out because of alcohol,lost interest in the good things in life.I haven't looked deep into myself for quite sometime,i've lost myself really.booze sure can take a man down.my alcoholism was somewhat kept at bay previously because i had a job and a relationship but now left to my own devices i'm reeeling headlong downward with nothing to break my fall.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

PD... well, welcome to recovery...

good wishes...

xxoo, not far away... rz
Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, pd. recovery is possible. you thinking about going to aa meetings? keep posting, k
Old 05-02-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pisces,

Welcome!

There is lots of support here, so I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

pisces.......you are not alone, i know your life is out of control, and i know you are probably feeling so low right now.....but i have seen here, every day, people who were in the same situation as you are turn their lives around, and i know you can do it to......there is no magic formula.....it is not easy......but the life you are living right now is not easy either.....

you can do this........read the stories here......research addiction.......find meetings......do whatever it takes.......just worry about not drinking for today, and worry about tomorrow when it comes......

good luck
ayla
Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR PD, if you take some actions, posting here is a beginning you can stop digging that hole and climb out of it back into the light!

Actions you say? Yep! I tried quitting for 10 years my way and the only action I took to quit was inaction, I just did not drink, which always led to a relapse which was always worse then before. Due to incations I would up at the point where I had to drink every day!

I finally took action, first I put myself into detox because I needed to have some one control me and my drinking. Well detox got me sober and they told me if I wanted long term sobriety I needed to take the action of going to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor.

Well I performed the actions they suggested, I took the actions my sponsor and AA suggested, today over 7 months later, thanks to the steps and people in AA I am happy, joyous, and free after 40 years of drinking hell!

Are you ready PD to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober? I can attest that the results are more then you can dream possible right now.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
believer

Welcome. May this rock bottom moment for you be the moment where you say yes to recovery, yes to sobriety, yes to Yourself.

Happy to receive you in the house of brothers in the same situation as you.

karim
Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks guys,i know i've should start hitting some meetings.i made half hearted attempts to get sober before and did go to some meetings,but i was a functional drunk then and things are much different and dire now.i really wish i could go to rehab but with no insurance your basically out of luck.it's all the about money in this world.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Just to say that you are very welcome to our family.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
59.gif (17.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi PD,

Welcome to SR,

Meetings are a good start...Coming here is also great...Keep posting, we are glad you are here.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1178119144
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Stoned on catnip.jpg (27.2 KB, 83 views)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Pisces Dreamer,

I'm so glad that you have joined us. Ideally, you may think rehab would be best, and you may be right. AA meetings are FREE - if you are sincere about getting well and changing your life, go to one every day. Just see if things don't start to get better. You don't have to live your life mired in the cycle of depression and alcoholic drinking. If you want this, you'll do whatever it takes.

Please keep posting.

Rowan
Old 05-02-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

welcome! i know it seems like the bottom now. but now think of moving forward and getting sober. you know yourself what the problem is. i think thats a big step and wish you the best..jason
Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Pisces,
You've come to a good place. SR.com has helped me and many others. Things can get better. Keep posting and try to get to a meeting. One thing to remember: You never have to feel this way again. Stay strong.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hi and let you know im thinking of you
Sally
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Love the new avatar Jason
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Not everyone is able to go to rehab...but, in addition to making lots of meetings to fill the time you have while unemployed and not looking, there are certain things you can do to help you physically. These are things I learned when in rehab myself and passed on to newcomers in AA:

1. Drink lots of water and juices (cranberry highly recommended).
2. Decaf coffee and tea are best for now.
3. Regular meals (don't have to be huge, but keep your strength up).
4. Vitamins (particularly B, or just plain multi)
5. Suck on hard candy...I liked to have lollipops available (to replace the sugar you may crave...you'd be surprised how much is in alcohol).
6. Sleep when you can...and, don't worry about the sleeplessness you'll experience for a while...it goes away, eventually.

That's all I can think of right now...but, I'm sure others will have suggestions.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome PD -

Dito what everyone else said! You may also want to call your local AA hotline and ask them for help with detox. All they can say is no - but somehow I don't think they will!!

TinLizzy
Old 05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by ayla zaire View Post
pisces.......you are not alone, i know your life is out of control, and i know you are probably feeling so low right now.....but i have seen here, every day, people who were in the same situation as you are turn their lives around, and i know you can do it to......there is no magic formula.....it is not easy......but the life you are living right now is not easy either.....

you can do this........read the stories here......research addiction.......find meetings......do whatever it takes.......just worry about not drinking for today, and worry about tomorrow when it comes......

good luck
ayla

Hi pieces, just like a car, when it needs fixing, we need to find out whats wrong with

it, well, you already know that part, now you just need to find the mechanic (program, recovery) thats right for you.

One thing most of us here know is we can't do it alone, we need a path to follow.

Ayla and everone else gives great advice, I wish you well.....hope3
Old 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dija bounce when you hit ?

I hit it so damm hard, I did.

You're story sounds a LOT like mine. But if I recovered, so can you ! I just past 6 months last week. Life is soooo much better than it used to be.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

pieces
i really wish i could go to rehab but with no insurance your basically out of luck.it's all the about money in this world.
wrong!!!

i live in the same state... there are ways...

if you really want... PM me, will give you get the numbers for you...

xxoo, rz