Notices

I am struggling

Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey carol, sending encouragement. k
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Carol sending thoughts your way and remember when that night comes and go and a new days comes along thats ONE more day of not drinking. Little steps its hard scary and dam fustrating but we have all being down that road or half way down the road or just venturing on to the road we all know how it feels Kia kaha ( stay stong )
Ang
Old 05-02-2007, 11:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Iwanttobe1 View Post
Sobriety for me has led me down a path of guilt and remorse. I regret the day I quit drinking because of what I have become. I feel worthless and hopeless. Each day gets harder, not easier.

Carol

I hope you made it through the night without drinking Carol, but if not, today is another day. If you drank yesterday, it does not mean you have to drink today.

I wanted to speak to your quote above. I understand what you are saying, but try looking at it this way. When you get drunk it makes you forget about, or at least not care about your problems. It doesn't fix any problems, in fact it usually causes an entirely new set of problems to crop up. So now you've quit drinking, the whole world will be happy, sunny and life will be wonderful. Well, not exactly. The unfortunate thing is that you still have all of those problems you've been hiding from plus more problems created by your drinking. This is supposed to be better??!! YES!! For one reason, you are not digging that hole any deeper, in fact you can actually start the process of filling it in. It doesnt' happen overnight, and given the magnitude of the problem, it is probably something you will need help with. AA is free and availble most anywhere. If you have insurance or money, a good theripist can be a life saver, and of course posting here is good too. The good thing about being involved in a face to face program like AA is that when you are feeling like you were when you posted you can call someone to come over and hang out with you until you feel better. It's hard to ask for that help, but you fellow AA members will be there for you. It's really quite amazing. I don't know if any of this helps or not. I should mention that I am only on my 2nd day of my 1000th attempt at staying clean and sober, but I keep trying, and I learn something new everytime I fall. Take care.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of your encouraging replies. I am sober for one more day. Just taking it one day at a time.

Hugs,

Carol
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So glad to see you here ((((Carol))))

Good on you for getting through it without a drink. Keep on keepin' on.

Love,
Rowan
Old 05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's great to hear Carol.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Carol,

That's great! I'm glad you checked in and let us know how you are doing.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On a tear

I regret the day I quit drinking because of what I have become.
....pssssttttt, Carol .... Ever start to take a cake out of the oven too soon? It looks funny and leaning sideways or is weird texture in the middle? If you leave it in the oven a bit longer, it gets a nice brown tint and is tall and has a fine texture.

So quit peeking and making judgments about who you are.... You aren't done, yet!!

((((PrayersForCarol)))
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Glad you're still with us (((Carol)))

Sending love and light your way
Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Iwanttobe1 View Post
I am looking for a reason to stay sober tonight. Can't really seem to find one, though. Nothing really seems to matter much right now. I already feel so bad that I'm not certain drinking will make anything worse. At least alcohol never lied to me, I always knew how it would make me feel.

Sobriety for me has led me down a path of guilt and remorse. I regret the day I quit drinking because of what I have become. I feel worthless and hopeless. Each day gets harder, not easier.

I don't know where I am going or where I'll end up. The more I try to make things right, the wronger they become.

I am sinking fast with no lifeline in sight.

Carol
Its the alcohol talking and bring on those feelings of guilt and hopelessness. These do pass. Just takes a little time. Hang in there and keep posting.