Notices

This Is Hard

Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
PDX

Thanks To All Of You ...

After posting my heartfelt message about drinking and gambling, I just spent the afternoon doing just that. Perhaps I wanted to make sure that I really have a problem so that I will do something about it. Thanks to those of you who responded, I really needed help today.
--
PDX
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I sincerely hope you stick around, PDX.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
PDX

Thanks, I Plan To

Thank you for the encouragement. At the moment I am really hurting, but I am sure that is pretty much the norm at this stage. I do plan to stick around to see if I can figure this out. At the moment, it is just misery. Thanks, again.
==
PDX
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hello PDX, I am glad you are here also. I understand that admitting you have a problem is both a relief and scary at the same time. It is a relief, because you can reach out for help...and it is scary, because you will be giving up the life you have become used to. I am sure I am not the only one here who will tell you, giving up the addictions is not easy, but it is SO worth it. I look forward to your updates, please read and post often.

Surlyredhead....AKA: Cathy
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
PDX

Thank You, Cathy

Thanks. All of the words of encouragement tonight have helped. I look forward to exchanging ideas with you and others in this forum. Again, thanks.
--
PDX
Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi PDX
welcome...I've been here a little under 4 weeks...and will be 4 weeks sober tomorrow...bit of a change from being a daily drunk for 15 years...this place has had a lot to do with that...

folks here have helped me to understand I not only have to stay sober, but I have to change my thinking and the way I deal with problems as well...it's working well so far

hope to see you around
D
Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
PDX

Hi Dee74,
Your message made me think that I have probably been somewhat under the influence for about 15 years as well. That's a long time. I always go to work, and somehow I always scramble to pull things together, but it is often very painful. Not sure you can relate to this particular pattern? Can you?
Thanks,
Michael (PDX)
Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Michael
it was a bit different in that I was either a college student, or essentially working from home as a musician, but yeah I always seemed to pull through...at least until the last couple years or so when I was pretty much habitually drinking every day and I was suffering a lot of 'flu' in order to get out of things...

D
Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Congratulations to you for seeking help. Obviously this is incredibly important and the first step to recovery. Good luck and you will have an easier time of it by coming to these boards; everyone here is so welcoming and approachable. <3