Notices

Hi... Everyone..

Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lunatic

Hi... Everyone..

Hi...

I'm kinda nervous about all this. So I'll just say what springs to mind...

I'm 16 years old.. I live in South Africa... I used to really think my life was awesome... then I got drunk for the first time.. (August Last Year). Ever since, every weekend I have either gone out with people that give me access to alcohol.. any alcohol.. Or I've stolen from my parents liquor cabinet... I only realised recently that what I am doing is not ok.. If I go to a party I freak out and grow more and more nervous until I have drank something.. Last Friday I... did something I shouldn't have to get alcohol.. then I stole some more... and then downed the remainder of a bottle... and ALMOST made a serious mistake with someone. One of my friends was watching however, and they saved me from making that mistake. For the last couple of months all I can do is think about getting drunk.. I tried to stop... and did.. for two weeks.. and I thought I was fine. so I went out again. to another party and within half an hour of arriving at the guys house. I had already snuck into his parent's bar and drank half a bottle of gin. Some of my 'friends' witnessed my actions last friday, and I can tell I have distanced myself from them by my actions. I no longer feel safe anywhere, unless I am drunk...

I don't know if it's related... but I sometimes I hear voices calling my name. As soon as I hear them my mind pops back to alcohol and weed...

I don't really know what to do.. I don't care about anything anymore...

-G;
Old 04-26-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Gregz,

Welcome to SR - I'm glad you found us, and glad that you posted. I think it's fantastic that you are reaching out for help and guidance. Do you have a family doctor or counsellor at school you could confide in?
I don't know if the voices that you are hearing are related - that's definitely something I would discuss with your doctor.
In the meantime, please keep posting here. Others will be along to welcome you, and to share some of their own experiences.

I'm glad you're here, Gregz.

Rowan
Old 04-26-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi G,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.

Yes, talking to your dr about the voices would probably be a good idea. There is lots of support here, so keep looking around and reading.

Here are some links for teenagers:

http://www.12stepforums.net/teens.html
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=42762
http://www.12stepforums.net/chatroom4.html
Old 04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gregz,
this is a good place, with lots of good advice, as Anna and Rowan have already shown. keep posting - the good thing here is there is always someone to talk to

D
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi GregZ, welcome to SR.

Sounds like you need to make some choices. You seem to be clear in understanding that you have a problem, now the issue is what do you do about it.

Levi
Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Greg,

Welcome to SR,

I wish I had your courage,and honesty when I was your age...Keep coming here. We are glad you found us.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

I wish I had your courage,and honesty when I was your age...Keep coming here. We are glad you found us.[/QUOTE]

boy isnt that the truth. hello and welcome. im glad you came here to share your story. i started drinking at age 14. at age 15 i moved on to weed. at 15 and a half i was a full blow cocain addict. get were im going here? as addicts we always try and get the best high. you drink and smoke weed now. but im sorry to say that leads to much harder stuff the older and the more addicted you get. at age 16 i would think it would be hard to give up all of your buddies. but thats what you need to do. you need to stay away from all partys and those kinda people. i know when i was your age that would seem impossable. but it can be done. there are good clean safe kids out there you just need to find them. i wish you luck and keep coming back here. it helps...jason
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

greg....i don't know what kind of relationship you have with your parents, but if i were you i would reach out and tell them, or someone you can trust.......chances are your parents would be much more understanding then you think......

you have no idea the grief and struggles you will be saving yourself if you make the decision to get and stay sober now......if you have time, read some of the stories here, you will learn what alcohol and drugs can do to a person, and those you love......

i am not a doctor, but i have social anxiety issues.......it sounds very much like you may, also........your doctor can help you to get this under some sort of control.....if you aleviate the anxiety you feel in social situations, you can avoid what for you is a huge trigger to drink.........also, the voices.......you should discuss them with your doctor also........

i hope you come back here and keep reaching out.........we can help you.....it always helps to know you are not the only person in the world going through this.....
Old 04-27-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Gregz,
You are very wise to know the situation youre in at your age, So many of us, im sure, wish we had stopped drinking years ago, certainly I do and recently had a flashback to all the awful things iv done. You are lucky, by realising this now you have the chance to take your life where you want it to go rather than the demon drink calling the shots.
There is help everywhere, starting right here and I wish you all the best and our gods strength to get your life on the track that you deserve
Old 04-27-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello gregz, it's nice to meet you. keep posting! blessings, k
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lunatic

Wow.. thanks all =)

Didn't expect this at all.. I'm attempting another give up.. but it's a long weekend.. got until wednesday as holidays...... and lotsa parties.. I'm only going to two of the seven though.. so I'll behave...

And thanks Ayla.. that article made a HELL of alot of sense... Explains alot too.

-G
Old 04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lunatic

Ok. Back from first party.. it's 2:45 am. and I am completly sober =D

And people I liked were there. so didn't feel awkward at all...

-G