Notices

Clearing the fog

Old 04-24-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clearing the fog

Well here I am..... sitting in my fog...though sitting sober 6 days! WHOA...haven't done that in YEARS. This is the first time I haven't had any major cravings... mainly because I am too fogged up to care.

I woke up this morning really tired and was working to get the kids moving and thought...damn I shouldn't have drank soo much last night.... then it hit me I DIDN"T DAY 6 ... I did a little dance haha I was just tired and not due to late night alcohol cunsumption.

Although I think the major part of detox is over.... I am still really unclear.

I am hoping this will lift soon. I have placed my diet into high gear, which has probably helped, though I am sure that my body is screaming for sugar and beer!

I am excited about being sober, though scared, as my life revolved around drinking and hangovers. I would schedule accordinly.... sad I know.

I have enjoyed crawling out from under my beer can and joining this board. Nice to know I am not alone.

s
Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

welcome. i am glad you're on day 6. That's a great accomplishment. I think with time your energy level will grow exponentially. It's your system using your energy to kick the disease out.

keep on keeping on.

God Bless, have fun in your sobriety, dance, sing, yeah do it all, what can't you do?; you're sober!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's nice to meet you, begin. 6 days is a big accomplishment! keep posting and stay sober! blessings, k
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 days! Keep it up!

jozran
Old 04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats and Welcome!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BTB,

Welcome to SR - and welcome to day 6! Keep posting here, especially if you feel a craving to drink.
That brain fog will clear - how long it takes is different for everyone.
You have found a wonderful place full of people who understand what it feels like to give up drinking. Stick around!

Rowan

Last edited by Rowan; 02-05-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good job on the six days, keep in mind that your #1 priority has to be sobriety, if you are a beer drinker you may be very pleasantly surprised at how much slimmer you will look after 3 months all the way out to 6 months by simply not drinking beer.

Are you familiar with HALT?
Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

You should try to avoid all of those, 2 of them together can really bring on the drinking urge. One alone can sometimes. What else are you doing to stay sober except not drinking?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

usually when I attempt to stop drinking I sit an obsess about the next drink. Oddly, I haven't done that yet... perhaps I am too fuzzy. When I am tired I don't like to drink.

I am a night drinker... I get everyone ready for bed and sit on the porch pouring beer down my throat and hiding the beer cans to prepare for the next day.

Right now I am trying to stay mentally busy and focused on the reasons I will stay sober..... I have a huge list *smile* I am sure once I feel 100% I will want to reward myself....aka Beer!

I am already amazed at my skin and weight at day 6... I can't imagine month 6! I dropped 4 lbs. I guess 12 beers equal over 1200
calories....eeeeeeekkkkkkk

Angry and lonely are the triggers for me... or really really happy.

I try not to think and just survive the day.....or hour.
I can't wait to have 2 weeks under my belt!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BTB,

Welcome to SR,

Congrats on your sobriety. You can do this...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

begin have you seen a doctor yet? I drank long enough to develop what is called a "Fatty liver" whcih is a precursor to cirrosis of the liver. Not only was my liver "Fatty", but swollen as well, initially the biggest physical difference I saw in myself was that my face was not as swollen, then my stomach started to shrink and my liver was no longer tender, now at a little over 7 months sober I am still seeing myy mid section shrink I guess due to the fat in my liver finally getting processed rather then being stored.

I found that not drinking was simply a beginning to staying stopped, I had to change, and I have, keep in mind that if nothing changes, then nothing changes!

In other words if we do not change any thing about our selfs our old friend will start tricking us into drinking again because every thing is exactly the same except we are simply not drinking.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

BTB, what a great post! Isn't it great to know you aren't tired from drinking? I remember getting a headache after being sober--it was nice to know it wasn't from a hangover.

Keep it up!

xo
jane
Old 04-25-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Originally Posted by beginthebegin View Post

I have enjoyed crawling out from under my beer can and joining this board. Nice to know I am not alone.

s

Welcome to the board. I'm freshly sober as well. We can do this!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

hello and welcome. your post was great to read. 6 days is fantastic! im very happy for you. wtg! jason
Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

To me,7 days is harder than 7 months.I'll have 7 months in 3 days...Congratulations on a job well done...Keep on going..even if its 10 minutes at a time..