Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 26 (XXVI)

Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 26 (XXVI)

Old 04-24-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

angexa --the b-day thing not to worry my brother and sister call me also--- my sister always remebers ---reason being--her b-day is 5 days after mine and we are the same age for those 5 days --so if she forgot to call---it would just be weird--now my brother on the other hand---he is just a big dork---he never remembers to call---i usually get my b-day call on my sisters b-day--oh-well i have learned not to stress about things i can't control- although it does hurt your feelings---you gotta know they still love you---sometimes people don't realize how important those things are to you. maybe you hust need to tell them how important it is for you just so they know and won't forget!!!! some people don't think that much of their own b-days but when you are live alone--the chances of a celebration happening are alot less so you were really looking forward to the phone call--and it didn't happen so it hurt your feelings and right fully so---but like i said let them know how important it is to you---and i bet they won't forget next year !!!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ANGEXA!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mornin Everyone!

Things are crazy around here, I have a TON of catching up to do.....it is just so hard when the weather is nice because I have so much work to do outside.

I just wanted to jump on and check in, Welcome to any new mommies.
I started reading that book and WOW how true it is!!!! AMAZING!!! I never realized just how addictive my personality is or how screwed up I am.....TONS of work to do on ME.

When Ex and I split, he basically took all of our friends with him and I have been trying to have my own. I went to dinner with a group last night, good people, lots of fun, and I had a good time, it is just hard not being part of a core group anymore like I was in the past. Ex actually got the boys Saturday and kept them over night for the first time, it was a shock but I am glad he did, for the boys sake. I am really proud of myself, I didnt ask them any questions and when they talked about how much fun they had, I smiled and hugged them and told them how great it is. Inside, I was jealous that I wasnt a part of it, I havent gotten comfortable with the seperate memories yet....Ugghhh I wish these feelings would pass. It really sucks to be a woman who loves too much!!!!
Ok enough whining for one day lol, I need to run, will check in later.....Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!
~HUGS!~ Liss
Old 04-24-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((((liss))))).....big hugs to you, good job with your boys...i can't imagine how hard this is for you, but you're doing fine...it will get better.....
Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

ditto w/ayla--you go, liss! gotta be the toughest thing ever.

from jules quoting pooh:

“Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think."
--Christopher Robin to Pooh
Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you C'est and Scootin' for such great posts this morning! And I *love love love* the Pooh quote...Gosh, much to think about. I have to print these out and re-read them a few times!

(((((Liss))))))

Hi Hope!

Hi Ayla - yep, I was a REALLY bad girl and I think I've blocked it from my memory now...have to haul that out when I feel like drinking, huh?

Hi Jackie! Welcome Begin! Hi Angela and Misti!

Beezy, you sound like the quiet wise woman on this thread. You haven't been posting tons, but when you do, yowza. Your words reach right inside of me and take a hold.

Hi everone else!! Where's Brynn by the way?

Oh, shoot, just saw the time and must run to the orthodontist. Some teenager who shall remain nameless has LOST HER RETAINER AGAIN!!!! THIRD TIME!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

hey candy--how are ya!!!!
liss-i know it seems hard now---but it will get easier---eveyday that passes for some reason the pain gets less-but the memory is always there to remind you of the pain you have endured-you seem like a strong woman that only truly wants the best for her children-my dad used to say the most horrible things about my mom to us---but my mom never did about my dad--i really didn't understand why he did that when i was little--it truly hurt us for him to do that but he was just bitter over the divorce and didn't know how to handle it!!! but you seem to have your childrens best interest at heart and i am so proud of you for that!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Mom's. Thank you for the support. I will read back in a minute. I just don't know what to say. I am a mom and I have two son's who are both grown. The oldest is a contractor here in Tahoe. The younger one is a senior in high school. He will be graduating in June. That seems to be part of the root of my problem. I call him teenmagic. Teenmagic has been a parent's dream. Never gets in trouble. He and his friends come and hang out over the weekends. I get off of work and make them snacks and enjoy their banter. Teenmagic applied to ten colleges and was accepted at all ten. I know it is his time to spread his wings and fly. I know that I did good in parenting him. I am allowing his leaving soon to absolutely make a mess of me. It has to stop. It really has to stop. Nobody in my family deserves this. I have a boyfriend who is a non drinker and is watching me fall apart. Since he just doesn't drink or do drugs at all, he is mystified at my out of control behavior. The oldest son takes my behavior as favoring teenmagic...Who knows, I love them both dearly...but teenmagic and I have been through the messy divorce with his dad, the frantic pick up the pieces and no matter what the kid just refuses to reject me.

I know most of you have younger kids then mine. Love them and hug them, because time passes oh so quickly and then they are gone.

Thank you for the care you have shown me in response to my post. Time to stop crying and start doing. And when I say you have carried me along day after day, week after week, it is true. Thank you again.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laura_P View Post
I'm still struggling with this dang signature thing. I go to the "edit signature" link. I try to click on font, it does nothing. I put in a URL from photobucket, and it says "invalid image". I also have no clue how to use the smilies. I clickin them and nothing. I click on "more" and still nothing.

Apparently I am computer-challenged!

Hey, Laura

The clickable smilies and signature stuff haven't worked for me since there was an upgrade of the site several weeks (months?) ago. Maybe we're both challenged.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

mtn magic........i am so sorry you are going through this........it has to be so hard, i can't even imagine......please stick around and post........i'm sending big hugs to you...

wow, slow day for the mamas....miss you all......
Old 04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

wow, I caught up already! where is everyone?

so what did you do today that was positive? I took a walk, sat on my porch and read, did a couple household chores, took my daughter to the ortho, looked for a new car (I can dream can't I?) and posted here.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by C'est la vie
so what did you do today that was positive?
Didn't drink
Old 04-24-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

worked out....finally
Old 04-24-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

hello guys how is everyone well i am back at day 1 after 35 days dh finally taled me into having just a few and thatas all i did had a few beers with him i feel ok he just wants me to drink NORMALLY so bad with him I want to make him happy and we actually had a great day (took the kids minature golfing) its weird I do not feel guilty or anything I feel strong and very differnt then ever before i don't have hte constant craving for alchohol, i wanted to be honest with u all as youve helped me so much

Last edited by h4lov909; 04-24-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spellings bad
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It's great that you had a good family day and that you feel happy and well right now. But be careful falling into the trap of trying to drink "Normally" for him. You need to do what's best for your own health and sanity, not something that makes him happy. I struggle with the exact same issue so I know how you're feeling. I can't tell who I'm trying to prove something to, but I'm pretty sure it's my hub. I want to be normal for him. I'm glad you posted. It helps others out there thinking and feeling similarly.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

On being positive:

I have been thinking positive thoughts! Did my mom's income tax today. Took the teen to the orthodontist and replaced that dang retainer. The new one is purple! Was pretty constructive at work and got a lot done. Made homemade spaghetti sauce in the crockpot.

C'est I have to thank you for making me think of it this way. Just a few minutes ago I was grumbling to myself that I *still* hadn't done my treadmill run today and I *still* hadn't set foot in the laundry room. Geesh. The expectations we have of ourselves!! No wonder I'm an alcoholic. Nothing is ever enough.

Melody -- welcome back to Day 1. Just be careful, sweet. It must be hard for those of you whose husbands drink. I probably couldn't handle it (as my experience in Cuba illustrated and that was my EX, for ONE WEEK...)

xoxoxo
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

candy, it is nice to think about things in a positive way rather than think of all the things we didn't do or couldn't do because of this or that. I'm trying. I also suffer from horribly high expectations. It surely must feel better to be happy about the 4 things you did do rather than lament the 12 things you didn't. It's like a gratitude list in short form.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

yep...all of the above here...
Old 04-24-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I went down and helped out the gal at the movie store...we had fun...that is positive
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

:Wshade
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I did it!!!!!!!! I've never done the smlies