Notices

Gloomy Monday...

Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"For the moment, life is good"

Gloomy Monday...

Speaking of the weather only. I am 6 days sober today. I am feeling pretty good. I worked in my backyard Sat. and Sun., which seemed to help alot with my over all attitude and feeling of yuckiness that coming off of alcohol tends to leave me with. I slept for over 7 hours straight 2 nights in a row! I haven't done that since I stopped taking Trazadone in Jan. I had spoke with a Dr. last week about some medications to help me get though some of the rough spots and he said he didn't believe in adding meds to my mixture of problems. He feels that going from alcohol to meds would only give me a new set of problems. Changing one dependency for another. It actually made sense to me, for my own particular problems.This Dr. did also say he would attend some AA meetings with me, if I choose to go. To help me feel comfortable so I could go by myself later on. He is 30 years sober. I freaked out when my family Dr. stopped prescribing my Trazadone, but he probably did me a favor. Now I have to come up with healthier ways to get myself to sleep at night, which 16 hours of hard labor in my backyard did. The fresh air and sunshine did more for me than the mood changing meds I have been on. (Wellbuturin, Cymbalta, Lamictal, Prozac, Xanax, to name a few.) Staying so busy I didn't need the Campral to help control my cravings. This may work for me now, which I am hoping it continues. I can't spend 8 hours a day working in my yard, but I can spend time enough time there to help take my mind off of things. Flower beds, garden, pond, gazebo. Within the next month I will have my back yard retreat. A place where I can find comfort.
Laceyhearts.....
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Congrats on almost a whole week so far!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lacey,

It sounds like you're learning about yourself and moving forward. It sounds like you have a good dr. too!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the sober time!!

We'll all expect invites to the barbecue!!

TinLizzy
Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laceyhearts View Post
Speaking of the weather only. I am 6 days sober today. I am feeling pretty good. I worked in my backyard Sat. and Sun., which seemed to help alot with my over all attitude and feeling of yuckiness that coming off of alcohol tends to leave me with. I slept for over 7 hours straight 2 nights in a row! I haven't done that since I stopped taking Trazadone in Jan. I had spoke with a Dr. last week about some medications to help me get though some of the rough spots and he said he didn't believe in adding meds to my mixture of problems. He feels that going from alcohol to meds would only give me a new set of problems. Changing one dependency for another. It actually made sense to me, for my own particular problems.This Dr. did also say he would attend some AA meetings with me, if I choose to go. To help me feel comfortable so I could go by myself later on. He is 30 years sober. I freaked out when my family Dr. stopped prescribing my Trazadone, but he probably did me a favor. Now I have to come up with healthier ways to get myself to sleep at night, which 16 hours of hard labor in my backyard did. The fresh air and sunshine did more for me than the mood changing meds I have been on. (Wellbuturin, Cymbalta, Lamictal, Prozac, Xanax, to name a few.) Staying so busy I didn't need the Campral to help control my cravings. This may work for me now, which I am hoping it continues. I can't spend 8 hours a day working in my yard, but I can spend time enough time there to help take my mind off of things. Flower beds, garden, pond, gazebo. Within the next month I will have my back yard retreat. A place where I can find comfort.
Laceyhearts.....
Way to go lacey!! keep on truckin girl!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi Lacey, I worked in the yard raking and cleaning up

this weekend also. Felt good to get physically tired.

Also, the yard looks allot better as well. Great job on your

sober time, and taking the steps to move into the future.

Sounds like you're on your way, hope3