Notices

Sign that u drink too much?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sign that u drink too much?

Is pins and needles all the time a sign that ur drinking too much? I also get lots of palpatations and it feels like my blood is running cold thru my body...is it drink/drugs or is it something else? Sorry for all the posts and questions. Sorry.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Alcohol affects every cell in the body, as a result it affects every organ, the best way to tell what it is messing with is to stop drinking for several months to find out if it is the alcohol or something else? I would see a doctor and tell them the truth about how much I drink and what is going on with my body.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LC... look up... as taz sugested...

xxoo, rz
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Post it's up to you...

What I believe is not the issue,but what you will do (action) is.
no one can help me until I am ready for that help.
The choice is mine/yours.
Do I/You continue the way it is now or do I/you do something about it.(action)
The only suggestion I have would be to lookup the phone number for Alcoholics Anonymous and ask if they could send you the Big Book refered to by those whom it has helped,also known as Alcoholics Anonymous 4th. edition - the basic text.
It may explain/answer some or most of your questions.
The first 164 pages explain how the program works - one day at a time -

Last edited by noprob; 04-23-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added content
Old 04-23-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Midas

Alcohol over-use tends to cause nerve damage over a long period of time -- tingling in the extremities could be a sign of that.

How can you tell you might have a problem? You'll need to answer some questions to find out. But, only you can admit you're an alcoholic.
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/tests/a/aa040130.htm

The questionnaires on this page will help you decide. BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

And more specifically, please read the following page for detailed information;
http://www.drug-effects.com/effects-of-alcohol.htm
?• Nervous System: Tingling and loss of sensation in hands and feet
• Muscles: Weakness and loss of muscle tissue
If you are concerned, please consult a medical professional.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can't deal with this, I done the test I can't take it in. Sorry, I'm really sorry. I clearly don't belong here cause I can't stop drinking, I've had a couple of drinks today and I've taken tramadole, I can't control myself, I've gone too far, I'm a mess, things are getting worse. I'm useless, I'm destroying myself and I don't seem to be able to stop. Sorry
Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Midas

Don't say you're useless. You're not. If you have the desire to quit, YOU CAN DO IT! There are medications that can help curb cravings, too. Don't give up!

You DO belong here. We're here to help.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lost Child,

Hang on. You can not give up.

Keep reading and posting. Stay sober today, minute by minute and we're here to help you get through it.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I said I wouldn't drink today and I have, I've failed. I couldn't even manage one day, I couldn't even get to 18:00 without a drink. I wish I had the strength to do this but I'm not sure I do. Someone has to help me cause I can't do this alone anymore..I can't stop drinking and I can't cut down on my tablets why do I make everything so difficult for myself.. my doctors gonna laugh at me and close the door I know she will.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, you can do this!

I didn't think I could either, but I did, and you can.

Stop drinking now and get through the rest of the day/evening one minute by one minute. Do anything to take your mind off drinking - watch a movie, call a friend, anything that distracts you for a minute or two. That's how you get through it.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Midas

I drank a lot too, and I didn't think I could stop. I loved my ale. Even when I started going to AA meetings, I drank for the first two weeks. I didn't think I would survive those two weeks. But I did. The new family and friends in AA adopted me and I was accepted for who I was--and who I was about to become.

I was loved. They showed me how to open the door to myself. Don't close the door on yourself.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've got rid of my drink and got water instead. I don't want to close the door on myself just don't feel that I deserve anymore then what I have, if I carry on I know its months before I di*. I'm 27, and I might not see my 28th, 29th and definately not my 30th if I continue the path of destruction. Sorry I can't stop crying now. Sorry.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Midas

*hugs*

Old 04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hang in there my friend, you are not alone.

jozran
Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by lost_child View Post
I can't control myself, I've gone too far, I'm a mess, things are getting worse. I'm useless, I'm destroying myself and I don't seem to be able to stop. Sorry
Midas mentioned AA meetings. Have you tried one or at least considered it? Look around any AA meeting and you'll see dozens of people who thought they were useless and couldn't stop drinking, but I'm living proof that it is possible.

Things will get worse if you continue to drink, but help is available if you reach out for it. It's not too late. How about joining us in recovery?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i to can stop to drink we say no meet no chance many meet many chance to stop
Old 04-23-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hey child.... you're in exactly the right place. and you're not the first to say "i'll never drink again" and then drink. i drank morning noon and night, even before work! i fessed up to a friend, who took me to an a.a. meeting... and it was the hardest and the best thing ever!!

you can do this... find out where there is an a.a. meeting close to you.

and talk to your doctor... they wouldn't be much of a doctor if they laughed at you!!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello Lost,
I wince when I read your posts...the thought that you feel you don't deserve anymore than you have or that your useless. I hate to ask as to where you got that ridiculous idea. It's a total lie your drunked up ego self tells you. Yes, I've been there...and it was only in sobriety (and quite early on) when I realized just how horribly abusive I was too myself. The way I talked to myself was brutal and abusive. I didn't care for myself in any soulful way. I was either all bravado or kicking my arse into tommorow. While actively using we have no control over our minds...it's just a helluva mean and scary place. It's impossible to care for ourselves in any meaningful way...our souls and minds are completely unsound. YOU are the only one who can take care of YOU... you are precious and worthy with something wonderful to contribute to this world if you could only pause long enough sober to figure out what that is. Please stop being so mean to you...please.