Notices

approaching my 30th day with apprehension.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

approaching my 30th day with apprehension.

good morning all......hope you are all doing and feeling well today....i am approaching another day #30,and i am feeling apprehensive.....i can't seem to get to day#40.....in all my attempts,i've never been able to go 40 days...and i am not sure why...my therapist says that i forget why i have quit in the first place,and feel the need to,"reward" myself for good behavior.so,i come here daily and reread my journals,so that i don't forget why i am doing this...i have journal entries where i had so much to drink,i can't even read them,they are just scribbles on a page..
anyway.....where is KC1? i want to know how she made out with her painting she bought.......
and where is Hazel? i want to know how her first AA meeting went.
i just hope and pray they are well.....and if you guys are out there reading this,please let us know how you're doing?
gotta go for now......hope you all have a good day today...love,KT
Old 04-22-2007, 01:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning KT, and don't fear that 40 day mark...you can do it. Right now, I'm feeling apprehensive about the FOUR day mark, lol. You should be proud of yourself and just keep moving forward. I know I'm a noob to this site, but I've been doing some reading here, and it's some of the most uplifting things I've read in months. It's giving me a clear sense of hope that I'm not going to give up.

Stay strong.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lurker

congrats Karrotop, Just keep it simple, and do it one day at a time. Good things will come.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey KT,

Day 40 will be just like another day - unless you make it otherwise. If you're not careful, you'll be setting yourself up for relapse. Obsessing about the day before it even comes is dangerous.
So. Do you go to meetings? If you do, share this fear. Get to a meeting every day, and go to two on day 40. If you don't go to meetings, then stick close to sober friends.
Hazel posted her experience with her first AA meeting on another thread that she had started. It's a very inspiring post, so check it out!
Hugs to you KT. We are with you.

Rowan
Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wink

Sometimes I found that people are so worried about a particular milestone they think themselves into a relapse. Almost like a self-fulfilliing prophsey, "I screwed up before so I guess it will happen again."

Try to keep the numbers out of your head. Try to remember that this is a one-day-at-a-time thing. Looking ahead will just get you in trouble. Think about today, it's the only day we have.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Try to keep the numbers out of your head. Try to remember that this is a one-day-at-a-time thing. Looking ahead will just get you in trouble. Think about today, it's the only day we have.
I totally agree Gollfman, thanks for reminding me! Before you know it day 1 becomes day 4 then day 30. One day at a time has me approaching day 547, sometimes I think "how did that happen?" I am greatful to God everyday that it has happened and that I now know that I am not alone!

Karrotop, one day at a time my friend!

Best wishes,

jozran
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope3

It's true about obsessing about the days, I almost

freaked myself out over day 30. I can't even tell you what day I'm on.

Somewhere in between 120 and 150. Not because it's so easy mind you, but

because I try to focus on the quality of the day and what I can do to make it better everyday. Then I just put it to bed and do the same thing the next
day. I can't change yesterday, but every today well lived gives me more hope and love for tommorrow, love yourself today. Put it to bed tonight, and love yourself tommorrow. hugs, hope3

I sound pretty pushy, don't mean to.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Karrotop,

It is good to stay focused and to remember the path that you are on. I would try to find different ways to reward myself. Buy yourself a new CD or go to a movie or out for coffee. There are lots of little treats you can find that will make you feel good about yourself.

You can get past this point!