Notices

New and Scared

Old 04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post New and Scared

Hello. Im new here and very new to recovery. I have been trying to quit smoking pot and drinking and all the other bad habbits I have. I have been sober for two days. It is really hard and I dont have any sober friends. Im scared because I dont know what life is going to be like without drugs but these last two days has not proved it's worth while to me. Im looking for help and I need somebody to rescue me. I dont want to live like this anymore. I dont want my Family to hate me anymore. I want to know what it is like to be happy. I dont think I have ever been happy before. At least not for the right reasons. I have been happy when I scored some white or whatever drug I was after that night. I want to start enjoying life. Somebody please help me or I might lose my mind. Or worse I may never recover and I dont wanna die. I really really dont.... at least right now I dont. Anyways please help me.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's really nice to meet you, fallingrace - i'm glad you found this site. i have a daughter working on recovery from alcohol and cocaine addiction, so i understand a lot of what you are feeling - my daughter did and sometimes still does have many of the same struggles.

aa and na meetings really help her. have you thought about meetings or maybe rehab?

keep posting! blessings, k
Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Fallin Grace2...

it is a scary and difficult time trying to quit stuff...especially if you have no sober friends...been there...but it is possible if you have the desire to change your life...

for me, and I know it sounds like a slogan, but it is really true...just take it one day at a time...one step at a time.

this place really helped me too...there's a lot of understanding, a lot of support, and a lot of advice from folks a lot farther long than you or I...

keep posting
D
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi FG,

I have been there. You have made a great start coming here. Look around at the posts, read the stickies at the top of this forum and the other forums. Ask questions, just keep talking.

Good idea to get some support, a program there are many around like smart and na. Ask people about them and try them for yourself.

Meanwhile, read and talk and don't pick up, if you do don't worry just get back here or use the other supports you have built by then.

Love Kevin
Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Welcome Fallingrace, you are right, entering into sobriety is scary at first. Just take things slowly, give youself time to adjust to living alcohol and drug free. Pretty soon, you will wonder how you ever lived while using, you will come to realize that you were merely existing on borrowed time. You will mke new friends if the ones you have will not respect your sober lifestyle....just give your family a little time to trust you again and you will be well on the road to recovery.

You are stronger than you think, good luck, Cathy
Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FallinGrace,

I'm glad you're here. I never thought I would be happy - for as long as I can remember, I never was. I know you're in pain and feel hopeless right now, but coming here shows that you care enough about yourself that you are willing to ask for help. I am in recovery from booze and pills and I cannot tell you how dramatically my life has changed. I come here, and I go to AA, and I have a lot of sober people in my life. It was he** going through withdrawal and I don't ever want to have to do THAT again.
Keep posting here - let us get to know you - we understand!

Rowan
Old 04-21-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Falling grace,

You will be ok...The longer you are sober the stronger you will feel...

Thinking of you...
Old 04-21-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never thought I would be happy - for as long as I can remember, I never was.
Couldn't agree more Rowan, sobriety has brought me more happiness than I thought I could ever have.

I dont want to live like this anymore. I dont want my Family to hate me anymore. I want to know what it is like to be happy. I dont think I have ever been happy before.
One day at a time and I truly believe that the happiness will follow.

Best wishes to you.

jozran
Old 04-21-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Welcome home! The first and hardest thing you have to do is stop the drink or drug. Best of luck to you in your journey of recovery.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Fallin -

You're in the right place asking the right questions. You seem to have the desire -

The best place to start is with your doctor and an AA or similar recovery group. Keep reading, posting and asking questions.

TinLizzy