Notices

day 2 again

Old 04-19-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2 again

i got on a 17 day stretch of sobriety (from alcohol) earlier on this year and now i'm on day 2 again. i am so scared tonight. even though it's only day 2 my body is feeling really weird and it's scary. i have this dull pain in my pain where my heart is and this funny tingling sensation that goes from my chest up the left side of my armpit & into my left arm. it's freaking me out because i'm afraid i'm going to have a stroke tonight or something. going to see my doc tomorrow. i know my liver is in bad shape too. i have so much anxiety and usually i drink to control my anxiety. too scared to live & too afraid to die. if anyone can tell me if this a common side-effect from alcohol withdrawl that would be great. i have no one home at my house as my g/f is in China on a business trip. God this is hell. if i make it through the night this is a huge wake-up call for me. huge gratitude for everyone for listening and God bless you all
Old 04-20-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing by seeing a doctor. Those symptoms are nothing to mess around with. Alcohol detox can be life-threatening.

Be honest with your doctor and that will give him the best options for helping you.

Keep moving forward!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

good morning, mercurial - how are you today? recovery is possible. blessings, k
Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

wow that doesnt sound very good. please see your doc first thing today. and your right this is a big wake up call and its prob for the best. your health is more important than a drink of beer or whatever your chose of drink is. please come back and let us know how your doing. i wish you the best..jason
Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

huge gratitude to you all for the responses & support. it was invaluable to me. i did make it through the night (obviously) but i barely slept. i saw my doc today who decided against sending me to the hospital for heart tests. he said due to the fact that i am fit & there is no history of heart disease in my family that he is confident i'll be ok. he did prescribe me "Propranolol" which is a beta blocker and it's supposed to help with my chest pain & take the edge off of my anxiety. God that was rough last night & huge motivation

i'm going to try and get on a roll again. my g/f is overseas and i'm sure she'll be a lot happier coming home to sober boyfriend.

it's kind of screwed up that my "rock bottom" involves health concerns. i've always managed to keep relationships & work together but none of that matters if my body falls to pieces from the inside out

hoping everyone has a great weekend
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're posting, and I'm glad you saw your doc. Please keep posting - you don't have to go through this alone.

Rowan
Old 04-21-2007, 01:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you did the right thing...

good morning....and you did the right thing seeing your doctor....and i'm glad you're feeling better.....it would be great if your girlfriend came home to a sober boyfriend.
i've been sober for 3 1/2 weeks this time.....i was bored last night,so i went through my old journal,and i counted the day#1s i had.....i had 10 day#1s in 15 months.....that's 10,"slips"......so don't feel badly about starting all over again......each time i slip up,it gets worse,but i think i learned something from each time as well......i learned that i don't know how to deal with emotions of any kind,without alcohol....so,i have to learn other ways of dealing with anger,loneliness,frustration,and depression....and i am seeing a therapist who is helping me with that.....
so,keep up the good work........you can do it.....KT
Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Onward we go MM!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi MM,

I am happy that you are ok...I do remember feeling physically ill, mostly heart palpitations and nausea after a drunk...

Keep posting, we are here for you...
Old 04-21-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome MM -

Today is Day 5(?) for you!! The worst of the w/d should be over. How are you doing?

TinLizzy
Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hi! thanx once again for everyone thinking of me and the support. it is oh so appreciated. i'm an indeed on day 5 today and feeling alright. the chest pains have subsided and after having those traumatic nights last week i feel like i've got a new lease on life or something cliche like that. i hope everyone is having a good weekend
Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better, Merc. Please keep posting.

Rowan
Old 04-21-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You're sounding good, Merc. I'm one with heart troubles, too. After I've had way too much too drink, I often wake up in the middle of the night with a palpitation or pain in the chest which is DAMN scary!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Do take care and keep us posted.

HOPE