Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 25

Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i have returned---sure i quiet here---i am off to bake my heath bar cake YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY(licking lips mouth is watering)
Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WELCOME HOPE and WELCOME BACK MTN!!

I had to take my computer into the hospital for an update today, so I had to delete ***** IM, but I will restore when I have time, can't miss out on a good IM session!!!

OK, I want the recipe, sounds way , way yummy!!!!mmmm

Feeling pretty good lately, just FAT, when I don't drink, my appetite goes way up, but it is starting to warm up here in lovely Ohio, so I will get my rump out there and jog, walk soon
Old 04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ooooh, give me the recipe. That sounds GOOD! I love cake!!!

Wissgirl, so glad to see you again. You are too hard on yourself. I read your last thread. How have you been doing?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For the new gals, I lost 50 pounds 6 years ago by running 5K's and lifting, lifestyle changes, etc. And trust me it wasn't easy. We are all on a bigest loser/winner deal right now if you are at all interested or need some advice on workouts, running, cardio, nutrition, etc. Just let me know.

I love chatting about that crap.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi pookie!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome back Pookie! I have kept my butt in front of the computer and this site all morning. It has really helped. Now I have to get ready to go to work. I know I can stay sober today. I'll look forward to reading about all of your day when I come home.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Jackie my dear!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mtn Magic, you can stay sober today! What comes after 6? 7, then 8 then 9 and next thing you know you will be so strong! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!! We'll be here.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

((PETIE)))) LMAO, that picture is hilarious!!!!! HAHA
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks Pook! I like things that make you laugh!

Hey Laura. I can walk you through the signature part. It is a little tricky, but once you figure it out, it's like Duh!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have PT in a few, then pick up kiddos at my Mom's, DH works late, so i will be installing my photo stuff and ***** tonight, and hopefully chatting with the Mommas

Petie--I love to laugh, it makes you feel so good, i try to do it as often as I can, some days are better than others
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

Originally Posted by hope07 View Post
Hey everyone-
new girl here....

Can't tell you how much better I feel now- ready to start a new day today, get my daughter to nursery, and try REALLY REALLY hard not to open a bottle of wine when I get back home tonight.
Thanks for the inspiration of all your words and stories- I really needed to hear all of you last night.

No problem we have all been there before and some of us are there now...join in...grab a cyber chair...chiaze lounge or whatever makes you comfy and vent away..we are all in the same boat..trying to remain sane ina world of alcohol and drug addictions......

Can't guaruntee every response will be pleasant, they will however be truthful anf honest...we can love you and support you...the rest is up to...so if you will do the work...we will help you stick to the plan....deal?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Beezy!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

((((((((Iggy)))))))) Have a great birthday with your son and it is OK to have some bad days we all do and believe me I try to be positive but I am not always that way....LOL

((((((((Jackie))))))) Give those little ones some love for me....

((((((((Lolli))))))))) You will love the book...scratch Atticus behind the left ear for me...no no..not the right one...the left.....lol

(((((((Jane)))))))))Upton Sinclair wrote Jungle...the book I am reading

((((((((Petie)))))))) You always make me laugh thanks

((((((((((((MOMMIES)))))))))))))))be good and stay sober....
Old 04-19-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

Mommies...
This is a link to a site where you can post a message to the families of the victims of the VA Tech shootings...I thought that it might be nice if we could take a minute or two to focus on something more tragic than our own problems and realize that we can beat this and have life...while other will never have that chance.....

http://rosa.hosting.vt.edu/index.php/memorial/

I am heading there now to post mine.....
Old 04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Deal!
Ha ha. This reminds me of my four year old this morning. "Mom- I'll finish my cheerios and then you can give me some M & M's.....deal or no deal???"

No, really. Thank you for your support- I need it so much. I have a lot of anxiety that has been building ever since...well....I guess since I started drinking years ago. I think I've gone from a confident achiever type person to somebody who's a vicim of her own fear. It's that whole vicious cycle that has been mentioned many times before...drinking because I'm anxious and feeling anxious because I'm drinking.

I have a lot of trouble building friendships with the people around me because I'm not that comfortable with who I've become and have huge fear of being judged. I feel like I'm a really good soul trapped inside somebody I'm not that proud of right now. I'm really hoping that I can build some friendships here and get a little support- the support I'm afraid to ask for from the people around me.

Anyway, hope it's a great day for all of you. Send me some positive vibes and "NO VINO FOR YOU TONIGHT!!" type thoughts this evening. I'll be checking in!!

HOPE
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

kimmie--something funny about the grocery store---keep in mind conner is 3---so we were walking down an aisle---and i said "hey i need some sugar"(sugar is southern for kisses) and he said not here in the grocery store mom----you can kiss me when we get home----already he is not wanting mommies public affection----truly a sad moment for me---i am sure there are more of those days to come---oh well i knew it would be coming sooner or later just thought it would be later--

the cake is relatively easy bake a devils food cake in a 13x9 pan
let cool--cut up into chunks---

you will need hot fudge sunday topping a 16 oz. jar and a bag of heath bar bits---and cool whip choc or reg--and then start layering like a parfait --cake chunks hot fudge heath bar and cool whip----repeat
Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

Originally Posted by hope07 View Post
Deal!
Ha ha. This reminds me of my four year old this morning. "Mom- I'll finish my cheerios and then you can give me some M & M's.....deal or no deal???"

Kids will say the things that linger forever

No, really. Thank you for your support- I need it so much. I have a lot of anxiety that has been building ever since...well....I guess since I started drinking years ago. I think I've gone from a confident achiever type person to somebody who's a vicim of her own fear. It's that whole vicious cycle that has been mentioned many times before...drinking because I'm anxious and feeling anxious because I'm drinking.

we were all anxious when we got sober..hect I am still anxious now.....drinking made it worse...coming down from that drunk was the worse anxiety I ever knew

I have a lot of trouble building friendships with the people around me because I'm not that comfortable with who I've become and have huge fear of being judged. I feel like I'm a really good soul trapped inside somebody I'm not that proud of right now. I'm really hoping that I can build some friendships here and get a little support- the support I'm afraid to ask for from the people around me.

trust is hard to give when you can not trust yourself...how can you allow others to like you when you do not like you? Well girlie...we like you

Anyway, hope it's a great day for all of you. Send me some positive vibes and "NO VINO FOR YOU TONIGHT!!" type thoughts this evening. I'll be checking in!!

HOPE

NO VINO!!!!!!!! and I will be here for you PM me if you need to
Old 04-19-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

ok heres a positive vibe hope---we love ya and we are here to help ya!!!!!!
how 'bout that huh????

i beleive we are all here for one reason---we are searching out a way to stay sober!!! and the upside of our addiction is that we have found a place for support from people that are just like us---we can talk allday about our issues where we don't feel comfortable doing it in our everyday lives---this place has truly helped me and i know it will help you to!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

hello pook kimmie petie hope