Notices

guess I got weak

Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ok tj, thursday it is, but remember that the four horse men dont make appointments but they are always waiting.

Just take care till then!

chris
Old 04-17-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

I still love you today...and I will Thursday too!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You fkn rock red! thank you!!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
not a greeter

This is totally fixable TJ... and you will whether it's today or Thursday. I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry for this set back of yours, but I'm sure you will turn it around. You are stronger than you think. When you wake up in the morning take some advil + lots of water and come back and read. Your own replys to others problems may help you now. See you in the morning .
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Tj))) sweetie, I know the disappointment you are feeling. I know it all too well. I also know that you are a very strong woman who inspires me very much and you have a great spirit. You are wonderful and you are always here encouraging people and giving them support. We are here to help you back up and to be your strength as you continue the journey.
I know you can do this.

Put that in the past, learn from it, and continue moving forward.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Existence is the Essence.

TJ,
I remember quite well how quitting drinking, then restarting, and, finally deciding to quit again becomes difficult. But the longer you put off quitting, the greater the alcohol control on you will become. The most important time of your life is right now, the present. There is no future, no past, reality dwells in the present. So do you. It is best to for your decisions to be made immediately, where they become reality. Blessings
~Wind
Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey Teej,

Remember me ? Did your "friend" come down and

start partying with ya? You can get mad at me if you

want. I don't care. Saying you will " wait" till you are

alone is just the booze talking. The longer you let it

talk it will start to say you are not an alkie after all....

Stop now. You're only buying more pain later on, and it's

harder to face. I love you sweetie and been there 6 times.

Just tryin' to spare you the grief.

It's up to you now. No fluffing around it.

Love,

:

Sherry

:
Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks for being so honest sweetie. You got so far. You did great. You are loved here and you are a total inspiration to me. The days you have had sober do not disappear in a puff of smoke. All is not lost. No big decisions. One day at a time. Sure, the days add up and we count them. We have today. Just today. That is all we need.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Alright. Quitting this morning. day 1. getting the beers out of here as soon as I'm done typing this.

Thank you everyone for the private messages, I'll reply on them today.

onward we go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi teej hunnie! Good job!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
cyber_hug.gif (36.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by I_am_tj View Post
Alright. Quitting this morning. day 1. getting the beers out of here as soon as I'm done typing this.

Thank you everyone for the private messages, I'll reply on them today.

onward we go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah!!!!!!!!

Tj,

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you. I don't have any more sobriety than you do. My past is gone and the future isn't promised to me or anyone else. I think I'll join you on Day 1.

What a marvelous testimony that this is to the love of God, and the love of those here at SR.

Tj, you are sooooooooo deserving of every good feeling you have today.

xxoo
Old 04-18-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi TJ,

Sorry I missed this post. I have had computer problems and also have a new internet provider.

I caved in also a little over a week ago. I still feel a little guilty, but every sober day gives me hope.

You will be ok.

Thanks for being there for me when I caved in...

Thinking of you...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

TJ I hope and pray you have told your friend....... secrets tend to lead to relapses.

We all love and care about you, I pray you have not put off until Thursday what you should have done already today.

If your friend is really a friend she will understand and support you with all her heart.

Sadly we are no longer teen agers but we still cave in to peer pressure and pride, it is not easy to tell a friend that you used to drink with "Hey I am an alcoholic and I quit drinking." Our pride keeps us from doing that, but what are we to do? Relapse every time our friend comes to visit?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

no no taz, My best friend knows!! She was pissed when she found out I drank the day she got here. She wants me to quit and stick with it this time.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great news tj, get in!!! I knew that having had a real taste of the freedom sobriety offers, that it wouldnt be long before your craving for scerenity overcame the craving for alcohol.
tj your friend will always be there for you wether your drinking or not, a measure of true friendship is the respect we show for there decissions, and the backing we give them to stick to them.
Hope all went well with your mom, I truley believe that she can only be thinking of you at this time.
tj like what has been said above as long as none of us drink just for today then we become winners and you are truley one of lifes winners tj, so welcome back on board try not to jump ship before we dock this time.

stay strong tj

inabit chris
Old 04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

Happy for you TEEJ
Just when my crazy mind was telling me that maybe I could slip ONE DAY and get back on the wagon-others were doing it...I don't think it would be that easy though.
Glad your friend backed you up.
Have a good one!
M
Old 04-18-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

, now that I've had sober time, I think I'm finding that this marriage isn't what I thought it was. All I know is I'm ****** up in the head right now and beer is making it worse. I seem to be able to sweep thinks under the rug much easier sober.[/QUOTE]

hello tj. i just had to respond to this. i know what you are going threw. believe it or now i had 3 years sober under my belt. i didnt do anything after i got outta rehab. i thought getting sober would change my marriage. i thought we would fall in love again and everything would be peachy. man was i way wrong. you see i came outta rehab and was sober. but the same problems were right there waiting for me at home when i got back. infact i took about an hour when i got home to relize hey.... i changed why didnt she? see it doesnt work like that. i made big changes in my life but my wife still was the same. why should she change she said. well i guess i had the wrong idea about getting sober. i thought we would both change. i was dead wrong. after 3 years of being sober i decided this isnt the woman for me any more. people fall outta love and im sure my drinking didnt help my marrage one bit. i dont blame my wife for the devorce it was both of us that didnt work. we are now better friends today than we were when we were married. i wanted something else from the marrage she wanted a fairy tail. we both couldnt find level ground to stand on so we said thats it. im glad im outta that relationship now. but back then it was horrible everyday. n e ways i just wanted to share that with you. hope your doing better today jason
Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Moments ago, I just posted this on another thread..........

It has been my experience & that of countless others, after we have some sober time, at some point we realize "everything" has not changed.

We are the same person, now sober.

Restless, irritible, discontent.

Never satisified.

Things get better, them BANG!

It's OUR THINKING!

For me, I have come to understand, I need to build a WHOLE NEW CHARACTER!

There IS a way......
Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I'm not sure whats going on in my heart and in my head.