Notices

1st Weekend and SOOOOO Depressed

Old 04-14-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st Weekend and SOOOOO Depressed

This is my first weekend of not drinking (so far). And I am SO DEPRESSED!!!
I'm so Lonely and I just don't want to feel like this anymore. I started taking Campral last week and I want a glass of wine so BAD! I thought not drinking was suppose to make me feel better not MORE DEPRESSED. It's almost not even worth it to stop drinking. Sorry for the negative talk, I'm just really strugglling right now and I can't seem to see any light ahead of this dark, dismal, depressing tunnel.

Thanks for listening,
Theresa
Old 04-14-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

Camprell may help a bit but it is not an answer to the depression...until your body gets used to being alcohol free you will feel this way...sorry hun...I wish I could be there for you..I know whatyou feel like believe me..been there and done that....
Old 04-14-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to SR, bemyself.

hangin there you're not alone

keep posting.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

When I quit, I thought I would feel better also. What I didn't know is that it takes time to get all the alcohol out of one's body, and yes alcohol is a depressant.

I don't know about you, but I do know that I found 'relief' and didn't feel so lonely in those early days by running to AA meetings. Oh not for the "AA Program". H*ll I didn't know what that was, and really didn't care. I went because I knew there would be 'non-drinking' people there. Turned out I felt SAFE in those meetings, and not so depressed.

Hang in there, it does get better with time.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-14-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Theresa,

As Laurie says, it takes time. You won't feel better right away because there are so many things to deal with and so many emotions to learn how to handle. Just be patient and give it a little more time and you will feel better.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi bymyself, Hang in there it gets better, I'm 4

plus months sober and the first 2 weeks were the worst.

You can do it, hope3
Old 04-14-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi bymyself,
I feel your pain. I am 20 days of oxycontin...the last two days have been really bad. I am so alone and depressed.
I agree with another poster here that meetings do help. It is all I do outside of work and I work from home and I live alone!
I have found comfort and motivation in the meetings. It has definitely raised my spirit.
I hope you find a way to raise your spirits.
Take care,
dg
Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your describing the worst feelings I've ever had....The only thing I can say is tomorrow is a new day... Things may get better or worse but it will be different---nothing stays the same........I share your pain.......glad you are here.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Theresa,

I'm sorry that you're struggling - it's hard when feelings surface, especially depression. We care and will be here for you so keep posting. I've been where you are at and it DOES get better - just hang in there. ((hugs))

Rowan
Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Theresa,
it's a long and damn hard road sometimes, but the folks here help me a lot...lots of advice, love and support to help get us through...I've tried again and again to quit...this time the gang here really has made a difference...

I hope to see you round
D
Old 04-15-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Only one answer. Hot, very sweet tea and chocolate cake w/chocolate ice cream covered w/chocolate sauce.

jane
Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

Chocolate can work....sugar can work..,,lol..

how was your night? I hope you are doing OK..we are all here and although I am new also, I know whatyou are going through and I will be checking in very often to see whats up...so PM me if need and I will continue to check here to see how your doin....

Be strong and remebere that sometimes one day at a time is an impossibility and we have to break it downe to hours, minutes or even seconds...do what you must but know that in the end it is all worth the struggle....
Old 04-15-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am actually making a chocolate cake today and I have gallon of chocolate heath bar crunch Ice cream. YUM

Thanks to you all. I made it last night. Today is another day I need to work on.

Theresa
Old 04-15-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's nice to meet you, bymyself. i'm making a chocolate cake today too! keep posting, recovery is possible. blessings, k
Old 04-15-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lurker

THE FIRST DAYS ARE HELL!! To say the worse. It gets so much better though I promiss. Just take it hour by hour minute by minute. One thing that helped me though was lots and lotsa of water to flush your system. And vitimins. B complex and magnisium are the most important, because those are what the alcohol washes out of our system. Hang in there. There is a new life waiting for you just around the corner.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wink

Theresa,

As all have said, it is very difficult in the beginning, not only due to the physical changes, but also due to the change in our daily routine. I know for me, I couldn't find enough things to do because I drank almost exclusively on weekends. So filling up my time was tough. But as Laurie said, I went to AA meetings just to be with people just like me. And it felt good.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there Theresa

It gets better soon, promise!!!! Do something you dont normally do. Maybe go for a walk if you can. (I see you live in the east, so you might not want to be outside today, lol) The fresh air and the exersize releases endorphines (feel good stuff) in your body. Put together a puzzle to keep your brain busy. Eat. Drink lots of water too, always. Watch a good movie.

hugs!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hi Theresa, I agree with everyone else..the first couple of weeks were the hardest....physical and emotional roller coaster. If you can stick it out for one more day, then one more after that, it will get better. You never have to feel this way again, but it is very important that you remember how you feel during these times, it will help you stay sober in the future!

Cathy
Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi bymyself, chocolate cake and ice cream!

Nothing could be better.

Just for today.....hope3