Notices

Day 3 - hmmmm

Old 04-13-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Day 3 - hmmmm

Its 10.44pm.

I've had a good day. Beginning to feel the benefits of no booze, my AD's have kicked back in, my sleep is good - so far, and I went to AA tonight.

The first meeting I've been to in ages. It was very good. The chair speaker was a girl similar to me in her story and her current situation, so after the meeting I went over to talk to her and got her number. She is 14 months sober - AMAZING. She said to call or text her whenever. So I'm proud of myself for getting there and doing that.

My boyf is out at 3 parties tonight. You know, I hate not joining in, and it kills me thinking what a good time he is having, but I think these feelings are getting less the more self-confident I get with control of my life.

I had to take more sleeping pills because I get wound up before I go to bed about it and start panicking. I hope these feelings subside, I hope he is not totally wasted when I go home tomorrow morning (I'm detoxing at my sisters). We have planned to go to cinema and dinner, but if he's been out all night doing gear then I'm walking straight back out the door.

I'm not strong enough to deal with it yet. And as he knows we have plans it won't say much about the way he feels about me or if he actually gives a **** enough to calm down a bit while I go through this difficult period.

Anyway, I'm hoping it will be ok, I really am. I'll let you know how it goes. Can't wait to go to bed and SLEEEEEEEEEEP. I love sleep.

Thanks for listening..

M x
Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mimi,

It sounds like you're doing well.

I think you made a good choice by not going out with your boyfriend tonight. It took me a long time before I felt comfortable being around people who were drinking.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Mimi ! Know what you mean - I knocked back a party last night and another tonight, but I just don't need the pressure...too much too soon has often been my problem...so just a nice little jam with some non drinking mates this afternoon, and a quiet night tonight...mmmmSLEEEEEEP

D
Old 04-13-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meeting.

Make sure to use the phone number(s) you were given. An AA member means it when they ask you to call. I was just "spanked" (in a very nice way) for not using a phone number. I was at a meeting two months ago and a woman said I should call her. Two months later, I'm at the same meeting, and she says to me that she was waiting for my call. Long story short, I called her today and I initiated a discussion about my "willingness" now as opposed to two months ago. We had a great chat about nothing and everything. She was great!

Hold your resolve and stay strong -

TinLizzy
Old 04-13-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hope3

Way to go mimi, you are doing great.

Hope3
Old 04-14-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i love sleep too, and i'm deprived today. hope your rest was pleasant. blessings, k