Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 24

Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

my house was completely trashed---the kids had there junk strowed from here to eternity---and wouldn't you know it one of my neighbors up the street decided to stop by and ask if brionna could spend the nite with them tonite---my mil was here allday with the kids and let mt 3 yr old drag his entire bedrrom into the living room--and she was wrapped up in the recliner with one of brionnas comforters off her bed and left it thrown in the floor---she never cleans up after her self she leaves her dishes just sitting around and doesn't make the kids clean up anything after they play with it--not 5 minutes after i got home my neighbor was knocking on the door---i had no time to straighten up---i was so embarrassed i wanted to die----what can ya say--how do you explain "i am not really this messy all the time" it just would have seemed like i was making excuses for myself. has anyone ever had that happen?? she is also good friends with the owner of the shop i work in --i don't want her going back and talking about me and how messy my house was---she left and came back by the time she got back i had it cleaned up---but ty then the embarrassing damage had been done--so it just looked like i cleaned up because i was embarrassed!!!!

nobody ever decides to stop by when it is clean!!!!

i guess we can just chalk it up to MURPHYS LAW!!!!! LOL!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey all... I want in on the weight challenge! I weighed in at 148 last week, and my goal is 128. I've been pretty good at working out lately, but I'm eating like a horse!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

jackie.........relax.... you are entirely to worried about what the neighbors think....I say, don't mind the mess ti always looks like this lol...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Laura , Petties keeping track let her know
Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

i also like that old song by the 5 stair steps -----"o-o-o-h child" it was also in the movie "shark tales"----when i get down about my addiction and the things i have done to myself and others i just play that song!!!!
and just feel an inner peace
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

thanks nyc--my mother has me so ingrained with keeping my house in perfect order -- i get scared of what others think---i wish i could just offer it up and let it go--i am so afraid people will talk mean about me and my kids behind my back. i guess i shouldn't worry!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Beside if all they have to talk about is your dirty house.... uh they need to get a life...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

i agree and after they get a life they can use it to help me clean!!!! LOL!!!

sounds like a plan to me!!!!!!

you rock nyc!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

my friend cleans houses for a living and is always talking about how messy the people are--she had one of my hair clients she was cleaning for and was always dogging her out about how nasty her house was---it really made me mad that she would do that to someone---i could only imagine how she talks about me---but i guess she didn't realize her own house was not the cleanest of houses either!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

laura, that's too funny....me and ayla both posted those lyrics at the same time on two different threads about a month ago
Old 04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

misti--how is your weather situation???
Old 04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

My cleaning was interrupted by a friend popping over. We had such a nice chat -- I told her about Cuba (well, most of it) -- and gosh, I could have talked all night!

Jackie - about the cleaning...I can so relate, as I'm always feeling like my house is too messy and with all these pets, too dirty too. It even kills ME, much less a guest popping in who doesn't have 3 kids, 2 dogs and 4 cats and a basketful of patience and tolerance.

NYC - I LOVED your comment, "Don't mind the mess, it always looks this way." Bwahahahahahaha. I'm going to use that one!! The way I see it is what do I do when I enter a messy house -- well, my first thought is, "Oh thank God." I ***never*** judge someone by the state of their mess. OK, if there was garbage and feces strewn about, that would be another story, but just day-to-day clutter and life - heck, that means someone is LIVING in that house.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

OK - do I have early Alzheimers or is it all the dead brain cells from drinking? I have noticed more than once that I intend to write one word and then type a completely different word. Is it my mind racing ahead, or damaged neural pathways? Above post, I meant to say "day-to-day clutter and disarray"...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm glad you like my new avatar!! I've pondered changing it ever since Brynn noted that it took her a while to see the face in it! Brynn, sweetie, do you like the new one better?

This one is a painting by an artist I found online and I *love* her work. This is Queen Frostine, from Candyland. (Where else?)
Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

aw, weather has settled
it's still raining, but not hard, and only for about the next thirty minutes. i'm gonna head to the bed, maybe i can go to the sleep to the sound of raindrops...nothing better that that, except the thunder and lightning to go along with it
Old 04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

candy why did you choose cuba as a vacation spot? and how long were you there??
Old 04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I cleaned all day and my house still looks like s*!t. I have way too much clutter. I need to have a garage sale in a big way. I think I'm going to do a major overhaul while the hubby's away. That should keep me busy!

I'm off to bed--- must give the DH a proper good-bye before his trip:-)
Old 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Laura my latest motto... "When in doubt, throw it out" I've been cleaning the **** out of my house.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Maybe Liss can use that one.. Huh, Liss????
Old 04-13-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

lol