Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 24

Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Laura, have you read, Drinking : A Love story or Under the Influence both helped me to see what was behind not being "normal".
Old 04-16-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

hi mommas!

just finally got access. here we are having major wind....

welcome back to tam!
congrats laurap!

hugs to all...gotta read back, looks like a lot to catch up on...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey ya'll .......i was checking out my son's "Myspace" profile and one of his friends has a lot of stuff that has to do with drinking...i'll be talking to my son about that..not because I think he's drinking, but because I want to make D*MN sure that if he's ever out with this kid and this kid has been drinking that HE DOES NOT get into that truck with him.....no matter what! Something else i saw that i thought was funny was this little saying:

I'm not an alcoholic, i'm a drunk.....alcoholics go to meetings
It's funny cause it's true...and i used to say the same thing except i'd say "i'm not a an alcoholic, i'm a drunk.....alcoholics are quitters" hehe....

Ok, back to work for me. Haven't done a damn thing all day.....oh well

Toodles!

Cant wait for Tam to get back
Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

home again....

glad everyone is doing good....off to the park and to clean...ahhhh...

Beezy
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Helloooo...

No one here right now, LOL

We just got home from the mall, so fun, although we almost got blown away, they say the wind gusts are of tropical storm caliber!! Dan got his hair cut, Becca already loves to shop(have her trained), had lunch, bought some kid clothes, Disney Store always a for sure thing

Yesterday, mu DH and I had to go to a funeral, then we decided to go out to dinner alone(woo hoo), we went to Macaroni Grill, our bill was $29.00, we both looked at each other and laughed, it was the first time there since I have been trying to quit. Those not familiar, they put a huge bottle of wine on the table and use the "honesty policy", always came out of their very tipsy. Not having to wait for a refill was NOT a good thing, but neither of us had a sip, and never a bill that cheap as long as I can remember!!!

As for the Borat thing, just watched that Fri night, YOUZA, is all I can say, LOL

xoxo
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

good job on the dinner pookie....

saves tons of money...doesn't it...
Old 04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hey all. just getting ready to leave work.

Borat - What would you do if your face got stuck up that guys bum!!!! Excuse me while I vomit!

Hope everyone had a great day. I'm off to run and lift before I go home.

Will post later.

Congrats on a week Laura. Tam hope your trip Rocked! Hi Ig, Jackie poo

Have you ever thought about trying to sell the jewels on ebay?

Well, see you guys later!!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

hi! back for a quick post between dinner and bed---

dh and i rented borat on saturday. all i can say is that the nude scene was so shockingly revolting that all other parts of the movie exited my memory. ewww. i definitely did not need to see that. barf.

but on the whole it was interesting to that movie in the midst of all the Imus furor... really can't believe how he got pam-ella on camera either! and some of those poor interviewees......oi vey.

anyhow--WHAT IS UP WITH THIS SCHOOL SHOOTING? i can't believe it. police are saying they are not positive that it was only one shooter. i know it will all come out but mygod what is this world coming to? makes me want to take my kids and hole up in some backwater cabin in canada.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

and liss--so proud of you! you are doing the right things for you and your family. i'm sure it really sucks and is hard and makes you super anxious and sick to your stomach but hold your head high. love yourself and stand strong. we love ya!

so the latest on the shooting is that they know the shooter--asian male. no name or details yet other than that. first shooting a "domestic" dispute but not romantic? the crime scene at the second location is spread throughout the building and must just be total destruction...

Last edited by scootinbabe; 04-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

and pookie! get used to the saving...it's pretty nice to witness firsthand the $$$ that you would have drunk away. i love when the check comes and it's like half of what we'd spend! an added bonus!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

i thought the people he interviewed on borat were completely clueless ----i kind of felt sorry for them---but at the same time i laughed my but off---i have a strange sense of humor----when he was car shopping and asked if the car dealership could add a @#%^& magnet to the hummer---i laughed until i had tears in my eyes!!!

hello petie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

hey everyone, sorry i haven't posted in awhile. i've been working lots of hours and wow - there's so much to catch up on, on these message boards!!
i was at work when i happened to get on-line at the end of the day to read about the shootings at Virginia Tech - I was in tears!! it's awful!!

oh and btw, i have cut down tremendously on my pill intake, while waiting to get into rehab/detox. i only took 11 yesterday, which is a major change from my norm of 20-25. anyway, i'm trying to cut down everyday, and just take them when the pain is so unbearable and advil won't help. i did talk to my doc about getting on cymbalta - so that will probably be my next move.

thanx to everyone for your support. please continue to pray for me.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

good job angela---i am very proud of you---that is a big accomplishment---25 down to 11---good job keep it up--by the time you get to detox--it might not be as bad as you think!!!! let me know if you need to chat if i am on--you know i will be more than happy to talk with you!!!! good job and good luck girl i am rooting for ya!!!!

definately keep us posted

love ya jackie
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

pookie good job at macaroni grill---when we ate out the other nite----we had a smaller than normal ticket also---i just didn't realize how much money i was waisting on pills and booze!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....been out for a while and thinking of so much other stuff.......................lots of work to do and so little time........I am trying to get myself up to doing what I need to for me................Not easy........while I watch my other half drink again......

I have to put up with so much and get inpatient about too much these days.......................Why do I put up with so much.????

Today I tried to do for me and get my new dog trained the best I could .................he is lovable and a beautiful white with little black.....border collie.....white eyes and wanting to learn..............................Patients is what I need each day to deal with this..................and so much more.......................

I have school work to get back to and not extend the assignment..........work I am doing next door needs to end and the packing to be done for sure...........

For the rest of the day I need patients........and big time......

Recovery is important and I look to God to help me before the night is over .........The sun is going down and little ones need to get to bed to dream sweet dreams ........

Thank you all for listening to me.............

Little Penguin
Old 04-16-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I'm here I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people always have to go postal!

I thought it was hilarious when he interviewed the people. From what I heard, the people he interviewed didn't know they were going to be in a movie, didn't know borat wasn't borat. That part made me pee my pants.

Literally

okay, not really.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi Penquin, great to see your well atleast...

... I know the cheap restaurant check is awesome, notot mention the no hangovers...

What the heck is Borat???????????????
Old 04-16-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Penguin, Thoughts and hugs to you!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I can't imagine what my checks will look like! hehe
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

hi girls......my laptop is dying....still, we tried to get it fixed, but there is nothing they can do....we can't afford another computer at the moment, so i'll be around as long as i can.....i don't know how long that will be.....you know how this thing is, it works when it wants to......but soon it won't work anymore at all, according to the laptop guy........i'll miss you all just so you know....

love
ayla