Notices

how do i stop

Old 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question how do i stop

hello. i am new here. i've been battleing a horrible addicition to tramodol/ultram. i have been on it for about 3 years. after the whole anna nicole thing i decided it was time to get this under control before i accidentally kill myself. i was up to 30+ pils a day. i had my own rx but would take it all long before the refill so i would just steal my mothers. she even went and bought a lock box so i couldn't get to them. so i went out and bought the same box so i had a key to sneak them. worked ofr a long time and still would be if i hadn't finally broke down and told her i think i had a problem. i have 2 wonderful little boys. one is 21 months the other is 8 months. them and their father are everything to me and the last thing i want to do is leave them behind. my mom has been trying to help me tapper off of them because the withdraw is fierce. i did really good till i got my own rx again and told my mom i could do it by myself. yeah right. i took all 100 pills in 5 days and now have had to fall back on her. she is a wonderful mother who loves me unconditionally and forgives me and helps me again. she has bought a new lock box with i a code unfortunately, i found out the code and have been sneaking pills for about a week now. i just can't control myself. i don't want to take them but i can't help it. i just can't control it. i think i need to go to rehab but i'm afraid of losing my kids because yes my momis great but she won't keep my kids. she doesn't even babysit for me. and my husband works. it's quite the pickle. i just want to stop taking this stupid things but i just can't handle the withdraw and the strong hold they have on me. i can't even begin to explain it. please can someone tell how to stop??
Old 04-12-2007, 01:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi hurting, sorry you are going through this. I don't know about pills as my problem is alcohol. I would think you need a medically supervised detox but rehab is up to you, how about NA meetings instead?
I think you will get better answers in the 'Substance abuse' forum here I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum, keep reading and posting and you can get some info and support too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Welcome_2.jpg (7.4 KB, 69 views)
Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi hurting,

Please know that you are not alone in dealing with this baffling disease.

I would suggest that you talk to your dr. Tell him exactly what the situation is and ask for his help in tapering off and getting rid of the pills. You can do this.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yep I agree with Anna and then have a plan after you detox. There are many different ways of staying drug free, read the stickies at the top of each forum.

Kevin
Old 04-12-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new to recovery also. Get yourself to a meeting. These people are wonderful. No questions/judgments. They just want to help you because they have been there before.

I'll say a prayer for you and me both. It just SUCKS.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello to pillbreath and hurting. glad you found us! blessings, k
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Why do I always feel like I am having a heart attack- my left arm hurts and today I have heart twinges- anyone else suffer from this after they quit drinking- I thought it would ease up after I stopped- but so far it hasn't- I had gone to my doctor before- and she said that I shouldn't be suffering from a heart attack- so what to do?> Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hi recoveryforme... I had those exact same symptoms, and it turned out to be anxiety and really just a wicked heartburn reaction. I went to a cardiologist, EKG, stress test, ultrasound... all that stuff. But when the anxiety ended, I stopped having the pain and left arm numbness.

It is weird, but stress can make your stomach really messed up and it mimics heart trouble. If a doc did an EKG (easy test in thier office), you might even try prilosec or something just do knock down the stomach acid. I don't know how it makes your arm feel that way, but I felt it, and I was scared!!

maybe another doc? just to be sure. best of luck, and I hope it is just temporary with the change you're doing.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I was a regular in AA, I came to meeting complaining of my arm hurting thinking I had the signs of a heart attack---Dr. said I was fine...But I was conviced something terrible wrong---I was so amazed the long timers who told stories even after years of sobriety--blowing things out of proportion..Thinking were dying over little physical ailments... Although it could be serious ---It could like me JUST MY IMAGINATION----Have a good day
Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

High Blood Pressure

Hi,
Did any of you smoke or drink if you had high blood pressure? And if so, did you ever get up in the morning and feel like you were having a heart attack? I think its just anxiety but every day I feel like something is going to happen.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

an EKG will really put your mind at ease. make an appointment for first thing in the morning, and they can see right away if your heart has any problems.

once i got checked out and they said there were no heart issues, i really did calm down some and the symptoms lessened. being worried about it can make it worse, so i would recommend just getting checked out.