Notices

H.e.l.p.420

Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

for me... i'm ouda here... aint gunna feed into this...

u & t... if and when you would like to talk get'n a clean and sober life... if i'm stil clean and sober... maybe i might be of service...

good wishes on your journey...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I find a lot of people can stop smoking weed by appriaching it like not smoking cigarettes - keep yourself occupied with tasks, as a last resort clean everything in your home to a brilliant shine. Breathe through a straw when you crave. Take a Tylenol PM and go to sleep early. Like cigs, after a few days, a few weeks, as time passes you think about it less and less.

This means that you have to make serious efforts to avoid being in trigger situations. When I quit smoking cigs I had to not see certain friends for months because just seeing them made me want to ask them for a cig, y'know?

Chronic pot abuse is an obsession, not an addiction. Unless you have other complicating issues it really is a matter of will, like smoking cigs.

IMO
Old 04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

3rd day taking the Stacker 2 and all I can say is it is helping a LOT. I am almost not even thinking about pot. Im gonna keep this going as long as possible, as the beginning of quitting is the hardest. So, if I can make it to a month, then I will have much more power/control of myself since I wont be so "obsessed" with it.
GREAT input WantsOut. Upon looking up the definition of the two it 1) Related to me as much as something can and 2) Both definitions meet the criteria of my problem.

From dictionary.com
Addiction:
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation(a temporary or complete stopping) causes severe trauma.
Obsession:
1)the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2)Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh yea, I picked up St. John's Wort last night, GNC was closed so I went to Jewel next door and they had it and it was cheaper! It has 90 servings (300mg each, standardized to I believe .3mg per serving of Hypericum) for $8! I read and the bottle and elsewhere online that it takes several weeks to "really get working". First off, why? Second, that's not good if someone is trying to quit as they want it to work NOW, not in 2 weeks. Please explain. Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Originally Posted by WantsOut View Post
I find a lot of people can stop smoking weed by appriaching it like not smoking cigarettes - keep yourself occupied with tasks, as a last resort clean everything in your home to a brilliant shine.
IMO
This is true. I used to smoke weed and when I stopped, I really had to find other things to occupy my time. I really found weed was a total time killer so it was important for me to have other activities to replace the hours that I wasted on weed using. On the plus side, I was able to start playing guitar and piano again and really focus my energies on that.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Us and Them:

DENIAL is not just a river......

oh believe me the car is rolling(thats part of the fun, changing scenery which "twinkles your mind")<--Oh yea BTW my car is stick...I am the route master, VERY well coordinated/multi-tasked while sober/high.<---When they say pot can make you a bad driver they mean 1) someone that has never done it/uses it rarely and hops in a car(REALLY BLOWN) 2) Someone that is uncoordinated/bad driver in the FIRST PLACE 3) and lastly it's a statistic they can distort causing F.E.A.R.<---which is what controls society, go figure.

When I used weed, a block could seem like a few feet,

I could hear a radio playing in the kitchen of a crowded

restaurant....missed the last stair ..lots of scars on my

left knee to remind me....distorted perceptions.

You are bragging about your ability to drive under the

influence? I just hope to God you don't kill someone with

your "bravery." My last advice to you unless you get help

is...S--- or get pff the POT!

Love,

Sherry

while
Old 04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
You are bragging about your ability to drive under the

influence? I just hope to God you don't kill someone with

your "bravery."
Amen. I know of many that brag while driving drunk/high. How disturbing. I caught myself doing that once...can you imagine that I was actually proud of driving my sis home while blacked out because I managed to not get in an accident or be pulled over? Ay. Sobriety doesn't just help yourself!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I KNOW what you guys mean about the driving, believe me I KNOW. I forgot to add, "let me put this modestly" as I am NOT bragging. I was just clarifying how the routing part won't "scare me" out of weed/routing as someone said earlier in regards to being scared about the consequences.
BELIEVE me, I KNOW how SOME people are when they are stoned...one of my close friends is an example. This kid doesnt know his left from his right sometimes(no joke), and when he's high he has gone done MANY "No Outlet" streets and "Dead Ends"(literally) and pissed off at himself when he does it cause he wasnt paying attention.
I do more stupid/wreckless things when I'm not high.

Final note: I know EVERYONE says they can drive fine when intoxicated. The fact of the matter is can do it, and I could do it with flying colors. There is no way I can prove this, so you will have to take my word. When sober, I can drive stick AND talk on the cell with complete confidence. I have been on the cell while driving, while trying to get somewhere many times, only to observe people driving AUTOMATICS and NOT talking on the cell worse than me. I am VERY coordinated and multi-tasked(as stated earlier) and I didnt mean to go so deep into this subject, but I am just clarifying.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
IO Storm

In Egypt....river is DENIAL.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I understand/respect your opinion of my denial of bad driving. Maybe I can prove it to you by getting high and pwning you in Halo 2 online.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Question

Update: I have quit in the past before, and I am experiencing what seems to be withdrawal, physically. When I smoke weed, cigarettes almost always go with it.<--I have never had a problem with the cigarettes as far as being REALLY addicted. It's just something I do after tokin up to get higher and to "just do something". I would say I smoke 1-2 packs a week.
Anyways. I feel "sick". Sick as in something feels wrong/weird. Kinda of like a gut feeling of ugh!<--Never felt this before when I quit/cut down. I started this week(Monday) "fresh". Prior to Monday, I was doing the usual of smoking everyday/seeking it habitually. Monday, I started my running/lifting routine as stated earlier with the help of Stacker 2 to boost my energy and to "get things going". Monday I felt GREAT, million dollars great. Tuesday and up until now I've feeling "sick". The feeling leans more toward a cold, rather than physical withdrawal. BUT, ever since Tuesday it's felt the SAME, no progression. Symptoms: tired, "gut feeling of ugh!(no vomiting or close to it, it just feels "wrong"), brain "hurts"/feels "wrong".<--The brain feeling is almost like I am "going crazy". I have these symptoms, but I dont feel like smoking or that smoking would make it better. It hasnt, as I still smoke before bed. Monday till now I have ONLY smoked b4 bed(shwagg, approx. 5 hits each night).

Conclusion: I read somewhere of "codependency"(in reference to a friend/person). I have still smoked every night, but havent been hanging out with MAIN smoking buddy/buddies.<--Could my "sickness" be psychological? Maybe I am sick(cold-sick), but what about progression? OR, is cutting back exposing some psychological/physical problem that the THC was "masking"? I duno, time will tell.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

might just be a cold, but I'd also look at the side effects of the Stacker 2, man...google 'Stacker 2 side effects' and do some research...if you're intent on following this line, take only the recommended dose

D