Notices

This is IT and I'm scared

Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

oh mimi, don't get ahead of yourself in your thinking. keep it real simple these first days, and take good care of yourself. your body needs to rest and recover...blessings, k
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Thanks for the advice.

You're right I'm all over the place only Day 1. My mind goes into overdrive and I find it difficult to stop (part of the reason I drank so much)...I guess I've just got to ride through it without running away.

Feeling better now, 6pm. Tired, I think the librium is catching up with me, so looking forward to going to sleep. Been thinking all day about how I have wasted so much time on drink, drugs and bulimia and now I can honestly say that there is almost NO positive to come from using any of them.

M x
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

..."I am also SO determined to sort things out, I am losing my life and I need to fight it. I always was a fighter, determined, ambitious etc. Alcohol and drugs has taken all that away. I hope it is still there, I think it is. I'll find out over the next couple of weeks." Indeed you will and I can guaranteee you you will be amazed and surprised to find it never left --it only got buried under all the stuff> that was my experience...i had to dig and dig deep to find it but it was there. You can do this. I know you can. One heartbeat at a time - One moment at a time all of which will add to one day at a time.

It is baby steps...be gentle with you....Honest without love is brutality...this means self honesty as well as honety to others.. Allow youirself to heal and grieve. We ill still be here for you and we will be rooting for you
Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

8.38pm - dying for a drink but even so I'm quite calm, librium is good stuff..

OK, so far so good. I just want peace in my head and happiness in my heart. I feel it coming I think...

Thanks for the support guys, it is more helpful than I ever imagined.

M x
Old 04-11-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

8.38pm - dying for a drink but even so I'm quite calm, librium is good stuff..

OK, so far so good. I just want peace in my head and happiness in my heart. I feel it coming I think...

Thanks for the support guys, it is more helpful than I ever imagined.

M x
Old 04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Red face i'm with you

i am new to this sight. i am currently trying to stop taking tramodol. i've been taking it for about 3 years. it started with a car wreck, then carpole tunnel, then 2 babies, and now back problems. i never knew until i started reading on this sight that withdrawl from tramodol causes rls. i have seen several doctors about the horrible pain in my legs that i would get when i didn't have pain meds. i was actually diagnosed with fibromialga. however i have a real problem with these pills. i was taking up to 30+ a day. i had my own scrips but would run out before refill time. my mom also takes tramodol. i would steal her's. she went and bought a lock box so i couldn't get them. it was so bad that i went out and bought the same box so i had a key that she didn't know about it. what finally made realize i needed to get off these things was when anna nicole died. i was taking so many and i just couldn't control myself. i would just take them and take them and i didn't want to end up like her accidentally overdosing and killing myself. i have 2 beautiful little boys and a wonderful fiance that i have been with for 7 years. i finally broke down to him and my mother and told them i have a problem. my mother is now monitering my pill intake. she went and bought a new box with a code. i was doing really well. taking only 6 pills a day. it was tough at first. the cut back was drastic. but i managed. then i got a scrip from my doctor to tapper off. i didn't give it to my mom and took 100 pills in about 5 days. right back where i started. i told my mom and being the wonderful mother she is took me under her wing and has been again giving me her pills to tapper down. unfrotunately i fould out her code. i have been sneaking pills for about a week now. i just can't help it. i try to tell myself no but it's like i do it without realizing it. i want to go to rehab but i'm afraid i'll lose my kids. hopefully something will give soon. i'll keep you posted.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

mimi...you are not the first person to compare quitting drinking to losing a lover...a lot of my friends here have said that..........it is a love affair of sorts.......you love the feeling you get, the way your problems seem less, the way things seem so much more fun....but all of that is an illusion.....like many lovers can be......no substance.......your problems only SEEM better......the feeling you get only lasts so long...until the hangover sets in.....and life can be so much more fun when you are not worried about what you did that you don't remember the night before....who you called, did you embarrass yourself.......and your health.....for me, that was the most important part....i want to be around to see my children grow and my grandkids...you know?

i'm proud of you for coming here and sharing your feelings and your experience with detox.......you may not know it, but you are helping a lot of people right now...there are 2 guests and two other members reading this....and who knows...your thoughts may be just what they need to hear.....the feelings you are having may make someone else realise that what they are going through is normal....and your courage in quitting may give someone the courage to look at themselves and know that they have to quit, too......thank you.....

ayla