Notices

Should I stay or should I go.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We can all tell you not to drink, ulltimately it is up to you. i have been drinkig for 30 years and only have a short time clean, but it has been good. A lot of mental anguish and physical disterss detoxing, but I am so glad i did it. Dont wait it will only cause more suffering.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Its almost bedtime for me and YEA I made it..When I joined this morning I never really thought I'd make it. But kept returning to this site all day...Bingo I'm sober tonight........Thanks to all you angels who responded today...We well start again tomorrow............God Bless
Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wezzy, I'm getting in on this late but I wanted to welcome you to SR and congratulate you on getting through night 1! I had to watch as my daughter moved away from me to her dad's when I was at the worst of my drinking. It was horrible but I totally understood why she did what she did. Today I've been sober a little over 2.5 years and she and I have a great relationship. She loves my AA home group and joins me at meetings, dances, outings etc.

I'm so glad you decided to jump in and just go ahead and start tonight. I spent my last year of drinking putting it off til tomorrow. I knew I needed to quit, I knew my body was shutting down but although each morning I woke up sick, hungover and vowing not to drink by the afternoon I was shaking like a leaf and telling myself that I'd drink tonight but not as much. Yeah right. Next day, same song and dance but another day sicker.

If you're still up and read this, hang in there. If you're lucky enough to be in bed by now then hopefully you'll see this in the morning and know you have all of us pulling for you for another day!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Weezy -

Congratulations on making it through Day 1!! That's a great accomplishment.

We are together on our drink of choice. I don't know OK, but here in So Cal, I can buy vodka anywhere. I'm not limited to an ABC - any supermarket, quick market, even gas stations.

Be strong and keep posting-

TinLizzy
Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Wezzy,
looks like we both got through this day OK !

congrats, my friend
D
Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Listen to this..I made it yesterday......yea...Had been watching Tornado warnings in SW Ok -so thought we were safe..Anyway went to bed about 30 minutes I heard the wind--and was thinking there is no warnings for this area..The house shook 3 times then it was over..So I tried to back to sleep and someone knocked at my door...Ask me if I was ok ..Of course I said yeah..Then he said did you see your tree...My tree 10 foot from my bedroom had been up rooted-----this was a big shade tree........By then I'm wild with excitment....I thought seriously about drinking...because I live in a small town with only a convience store and a bar...of course....The people from the bar were here in my yard...But I didnt drink..........Finally went to sleep the xcitement still strong in this small town this morning.........I started drinking.........Please bear with me........this site is all I have --I'm grateful for all you people ------but I need to be there---I'll start again tomorrow-------God saved me for some reason..........I love all you who walked with me yesterday............
Old 04-11-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I know there is no excuse for doing this to myself-------I want to live--bottom line-----------AND LIFE GOES ON
Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

If you can make it through today it gives you the encouragement and the confidence that you can then face tomarrow when it comes. Remember the precois present is all any of us really have....So what do you want to do today.

I personally would be grateful if you decided to join us today.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
let it grow!

well, i am glad you're ok! what's the plan for the rest of the day? i know my daughter makes a to do list every night before she goes to bed - the things she wants/needs to accomplish the following day. on hard to stay sober days, she really relies on that list to stay busy and focused. blessings, k
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It was my experience that I allowed others to stomp me down...Today I know that what they thingk is really none of my business. I have one God that I answer to and if I am right with him then what they think and say doesn't mean anything. They can have their opinios becasue opinions are like butt holes ...everyone has one. Doesn't make it true...I had to get comfortable with me before I was able to get to that point. Sometimes I slip back into caring what they say ....but ultimately..I come back to my quiet place where I can talk to my Hp and know I am cared for and loved and being led down a narrow path to right thinking and right action....

Yes there are some in the rooms that are as you described...but not all of us. I am concidered one of the oldtimers. I can tell you also that I have had those experiences and I can allow it or I can choose to pay no attention to an opinion I do not believe is right... I did have to think about what others told me and as the saying goes I took what I needed and left the rest.

I also did what was suggested and if it didn't work I found a way to make it work for me....may not have been the exact way another remained sober but often we must adapt certain thins to our varying lifestyles. I choose not to throw anything away without first givng it the acknowledgement that I heard...then I say to myself..Self, if you need it keep it....if you want to have it to share with someone else--put it in the storage room...do not take it in your house tho,.....

it really is a matter of perspective...someone said in the Big book about the lenses in their glasses being backwards. I found I had to turn the lensses in my glasses around...big time!

The longest journey is the journedy inward...and it can be a lonely journey....or we can choose who to let in to join us as we travel this road to happy destiny
Old 04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wezzy
you're right - no excuses - I don't need to tell you how good this part of us is in finding reasons/excuses/rationalisations/occasions to drink...my little 'demon's' sneakier than a weasel...but y'know, I dunno how I'd go after a tornado...cyclones are bad enough....you made it through yesterday and you're still here posting...you're among friends and a whole lot of support

peace
D
Old 04-11-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks to Alla and Dee---------Alla you are sooooooooooooright...And Dee you are a blessing..teaching there are others who can identify-------my church going sister, the first thing she said this morning, before I started drinking, was well God is trying to tell you something--you better be scared...I said--I think it was a blessing I was saved...the rest is hx.........no excuses..just grateful all you guys here---thank you