Notices

Un Conditional Love

Old 04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Un Conditional Love

When I left AA I never thought about the people who said i was a relapser and really was disappointeed in me.........The ones who bothered me were the ones who said "Donna I love you and miss you " That bothered me to imagine someone just loved me-----------Maybe your experience is different maybe you grew up with un-conditional love-------but some of us have never had it .............and the love you show here maybe be all some of us get..................IT HAPPENS----------
Old 04-11-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm not disappointed when someone relapses, I remember that an oldtimer taught me "love and tolerance". Compassion before criticism.

We know who the newcomers and relapsers are, we remember your names, and yes we do love you unconditionally. We want you to have the life we have in sobriety.

I never relapsed, it stuck the first time, but I'm so grateful that somebody knew that I was hurting and suffering, and put their hand out to me. Oh my God what an amazing feeling that was.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

When you're used to "let people down" it gets hard when somebody starts believing in you....It is a reason to change things and that is scary. I grew up with unconditional love by one of my parents, the other made me grew up hearing i had been a mistake. So i can relate hath way to what you're saying.
This forum has the kind of love the whole world should celebrate! Here we can have support while we learn, it's like a good teacher that has your back in any case.

Last edited by Alive; 04-11-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Once again thanks so much...I think as for me,,,people think Ive got it all together and thats what I put out---**** on you I'm alright...But damn I'm hurting inside --at this point my body cant take the alcohol....I dont expect you to agree......just beware how words may affect someone else...Then again i say BOO Hoo get over it........But I hurt-------Once again I'll be back tomorrow cause I need what U have...........God will Bless you cause that is what Jesus taught--------unconditional love............AND LIFE GOES ON
Old 04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wezzy
Old 04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I won't throw a rock at ya
I do know pour me, pour me, pour me another drink dosen't work

Love can't be a personer of love
I love you , even if you don't think I do
I can't make you love me back
You have a right to think and feel whatever you feel
I don't need to forgive you , You've been forgiven
I keep my heart open for you
I cherrish you, even if you think i don't care
I pray for you everyday
My heart breaks for you
As much as I want to fix you, i can't

know this..love, I love you no matter what
But i'm not god.

Last edited by SaTiT; 04-11-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wezzy,

We are a family here and we are all on this road together. That's what keeps me coming back here. I feel 'at home'.

When you don't get unconditional love growing up, as a lot of us here didn't, it really makes it hard to begin the self-love that we all need. So, we try to fill up the void with alcohol or drugs or food. But, that doesn't work. Wezzy, you'll find lots of love and support on this board.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, i quit drinking earlier in the day .. My stomach is killing me and yes its about me............But thx so much for walking with me today as yesterday...and I'll be back tomorrow..........thx and this too shall pass.........something different may come along but this day is about gone.........Love u all...........I'll be embarrassed tomorrow--------but I'll probably be back. I need u all...........
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Unconditional Love is an awsome thing...yours for the taking...no need to ask, it is just there. That is one of the most beautiful things about being here. I haven't seen one personal attack, not one mailcious word...just support, no-matter-what......I am glad you will be here tomorrow wezzy....I will be also!

Cathy
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here, Wezzy. Never give up on yourself.

Love, Rowan
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Truthfully, I keep waiting for the attack---but when no one attacks--It takes my power--or assumed power............Good Night--------and thx
Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sleep tight. See you tomorrow.

Last edited by Rowan; 02-05-2008 at 08:05 AM.