Notices

day 1 and counting....

Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Laura,

I think our addict mind wants us to believe things like 'I stopped for a week, therefore I couldn't have a problem'. Learning to recognize the addict voice for what it is and then ignoring it, is a big step in getting and staying sober.

I'm glad you found us.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, I went to bunco. I called the hostess and she was short one person already, and I didn't want to cancel at the last minute. The good news is I didn't drink! I brought along a couple of cans of minute maid raspberry passion and just kept pouring that into my wine glass and no one said a thing! And I still had fun! And I'm still focused to do my taxes tonight! Well, that part's not fun, but I am really proud of myself. Thanks to everyone for all of your support. One day at a time, and I'm now almost done with day 2!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You can do it, Laura! Keep close to God and have faith in Him.... have faith in yourself, too. Looking forward to reading all about your progress. Don't forget, we aim for progress... not perfection.

Big hugs,
Luv2All
Old 04-11-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Laura

I'm with you, day 1 today for me too. OKish so far. Keep going.

M x
Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Laura,

How are you doing today? I'm a little late joining in ,but wanted to welcome you back. My name is Rowan, and I'm an alcoholic, too. I'm glad you're here and look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Rowan
Old 04-11-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Laura_P View Post
Thanks for all of the words of encouragement. I may have a new addiction, though. I can't seem to get off this dam computer and get back to life!
LOL. Personally, it feels great to have a *positive* addiction for once ! My telephone company's gonna love me !

peace
D
Old 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today was good. I've really enjoyed the "mom's thread". Someone gave me the link on this thread a couple of days ago. Don't know if anyone else is interested, but it's a great thread.

Mimi- How're you doing? Better today? Today was a really good day for me. I kept very busy late in the day and did not go to my usual hangout with my friends. Each day I feel a little stronger in my decision, even though it's only day 3. At bunco last night, there were a few ladies who had lots of wine that were slurring their words and I was, for once, glad it wasn't me. I even worked out, which is unusual for me, and I liked it!

Rowan- I remember you from last year when I had quit for a week or two. You were so very supportive of me then and I really appreciate it. I'm giving it another go. Last year, my goal was to quit for a while and ease back into moderation, and I thought I could handle it. Apparrantly I couldnt. So here I am back again, day 3. So far, so good! I think a lot of it has to do with me being in a different mindset this time. It's not "maybe I have a problem", it's "I definitely have a problem and I have to get it under control before it takes over my life!" Thanks for your kind words of encouragement then and now!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It definitely sounds like something has shifted in your psyche, Laura. Some of us need to go back to it, hoping that we can control/moderate it. I tried that too, but I came to the same conclusion that you did: 'I definitely have a problem'. I'm so glad you made it back and are willing to try again. You made my day (well, night, but you get the picture!).

Rowan