Notices

Oh my! Wait till you all hear this!!!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KC1

Oh my! Wait till you all hear this!!!!!

I am laughing out loud as I write this. It's funny and then again, it's really not funny at all. I hope I don't offend anyone by laughing at myself, but this is a cruel reminder of what this stuff called alcohol will do to you. At least I can laugh about it and use this information to help me stop for good. Again, no offense intended if anyone reads this a different way.

Remember the very thing that sent me to these boards two weeks ago? Getting drunk off my a$$ at a company sponsored charity function? Not remembering ANYTHING. Well here's the icing on the cake.

Today I got an e-mail from someone at the charity. Seems that in my drunken stupor/black out/whatever you want to call it, I bid on a piece of artwork in the silent auction. Guess what? They called to tell me I "won" the darned thing. Seems I was the high bidder at $385!! I was "high" alright. LOL, LOL. I don't even remember SEEING the painting or anything else in the silent auction, let alone BIDDING on it. Fortunately, we need some artwork in our house, so as long as it's half way decent, I can at least use it. Well, even if it's not, I now own the thing. I am picking it up on Thursday night.

I told my husband and he was shocked. Maybe this finally sunk in for him. I am drinking fresh grapefruit juice as I write this, but what I really want is a glass of chardonnay. Don't worry, I won't have any. Just more juice.

Tune in on Thursday night for a description of the mystery painting! I cannot BELIEVE I did such a thing. Maybe I shouldn't be laughing, I should be crying.

KC
Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think that is hilarious, sounds like something I would have done in the past. My husband would have KILLED me!!!!! Keep sippin the grapefruit juice. I have been drinking Pellegrino like it is going out of style. Keep doing the next right thing.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ROTFL... I once invited about 10 people over for dinner the next night... they showed up... good thing I always kept London Broil in the freezer... cheese and crackers and cocktails to hold them over ...

The thing that always amazed me was in my drunken blackouts so many had no idea how drunk I really was.... some didn't know I was drunk at all
Old 04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

i love grapefruit juice...I miss my florida tree.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG- That is something I would have done. In the past I double ordered off the internet several times because I didn't remember that I had ordered it already while drinking...

Keep on drinking the juice! Good job!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG! I did that once. I was at a charity ball for a children's theater company and oh did I bid! I musta thought I was Mrs. Donald Trump, the way I was throwing money around! I *almost* won a $3,000+ trip to gawd knows where. Thank goodness I got out bid. I don't know what I would have done!

Been there, done that, got the Tshirt! (In your case, painting! - lol) At least you can laugh about it, like you said. That is progress indeed.

Let it be a reminder to you whenever you look at that mystery object d'art - of all the reasons why you chose to be sober.

Great story - thanks for sharing!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOL!!

That is funny!

I was drunk one night and ordered hundreds of dollars of stuff off of ebay..
I ended up with stuff that was mostly useless to me... but then again I was very drunk..

Thanks for sharing that!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

KC -

I hope by the time you recieve the "artwork" you can post a picture. We all would love to see it!!

Just one more reason to stay sober!!

TinLizzy
Old 04-09-2007, 10:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hehe......that's so funny........i can't wait to hear if you have good taste in a blackout.......

it's good sometimes to laugh at ourselves......sometime's it's either that or go crazy....well, in my case, crazier........lol.....
Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

eeek, blackouts and old behaviour, yep funny so longer as we remember that its a killer dis ease. I have a disease that wants me dead, it wants to kill me.

Kevin
Old 04-09-2007, 10:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Glad you got the painting... I too often woke up with someone I didn't recognize.

And someone else too often woke up with my car.

SOOOO glad those days are behind me.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lurker

If I where you (even if it is the worst thing you ever saw) hang it up as a rminder of what it used to be like. Maybe it will get ypu through some hard times one day.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SOLD!!! to the lady with the lampshade on her head...!!!

KC, i'm in the antique biz... went to many auctions blasted out of my what was left mind... many a night i bid on stuff, won it, got it home... and said... wheres the rest of it...what was i not thinking...! rotfl

xxoo, zip
Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KC1

Thanks for the replies! I definitely will hang it in a place where I will always see it as a constant reminder. I sure could have used the $385 some other place in my life. Now, someone is going to have to tell me how to post a picture of it. I have no idea how to do that. Off to work I go.......no drink yesterday, no drink today........