Notices

Day 1

Old 03-28-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

So many day 1's - so frustrating.

I feel like a broken record watching the world play on

I am so disheartened today and feel like giving up on trying to help myself anymore. Im so tired.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi 2much,

This day 1 can be different. Take a look around and you'll find lots of inspiration to live a sober life.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome 2much -

I'm on my second Day 5. It may not be easy, but it is possible. Keep working hard.

TinLizzy
Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You'll get it... as long as you don't quit trying.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2much.....don't give up.....hope is right, you have to keep trying...........this is such a difficult process.......and sometimes it takes many tries before we are successful.......read the posts here.......find inspiration in the success stories..........we've all been where you are, and now we each have some time behind us to be proud of............most of us here have had many day ones.........i tried many times to quit........so many day ones.........but now i'm on 123.........and counting..........i relapsed after 40.......

the best advice is just keep trying.......keep fighting...........keep reaching out for help, and don't give up hope.........if you believe you can do this it will make you stronger, and more capable........and if all of the people here, and all of the addicts that get clean each day can do it........so can you.......we are the same..........

keep posting here.........i'm glad you found us.........
Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi

Originally Posted by 2much View Post
So many day 1's - so frustrating.

I feel like a broken record watching the world play on

I am so disheartened today and feel like giving up on trying to help myself anymore. Im so tired.

'So many day one's'.............................says it all. The fact that you have day ones proves that somewhere deap inside you want, need and CAN do this. Its my first attempt, I am not to confident that I may well be in your position in say a few days weeks or months.........but the fact we are here, trying and struggling with it proves what we are, and more importantly what we have recognised. Beleive in yourself, you will get there, I hope I am along there with you for the ride. Sx
Old 03-29-2007, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thumbs up

i agree with saffron. i've had so many day ones over and over again thru the years. im focusing instead on more sober than drinking days and not trying to be perfect. that gets me every time--if i'm not perfect than why not just throw in the towel and then 6months later--it's day one again.
congrats on day one (and wherever that strength is coming from to have a day one --- again!)
i'm glad you are here! i've been coming the past couple of weeks and draw a lot of strength and hope from the great ppl here who are so supportive.
hope you have a great day today!!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

2much...

look down, look down i says!... look at your feet... look at where their planted...

their planted on you reaching out... what a great thing...

change that broken record... i here CD's are the thing...

hang in, if ya want it, seek it, you will get it...

never give up that hope... thats what the afliction wants us to do...

we have to find a solution bigger then the afliction...

and that our friend... comes in many forms...

now move those feet and try to find one...

all good wishes 2much

xxoo, rz
Old 04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Damn I feel like a drink. *tears out hair*

BTW (its day 1 again)
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

2much

I've had so many day 1's over 15 or so years, I gave up counting...it was either that or go mad....but I've found this place, I've started telling my friends and loved ones about my problem and, when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be 7 days sober.

No matter what happens in future, this has been one of the best weeks of my life.

peace
D
Old 04-11-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

stay strong, 2much. we're here for you. blessings, k
Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here. Don't give up.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jump on the wagon--the story of my life...its killing me and I never thought i'd keep drinking when my body started hurting from it.........I used to be a drug and alcohol counselor and I'd always say..The Issue is not You drank--its you are here today...........lol
Old 04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi, 2much, try something you have'nt yet.

You can do it, you can, hope3
Old 04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Its the start of day 2 thismorning!!!

I didnt drink last night. It was a pretty close one. I forced myself to go to bed at 8 so I'd stop telling myself to get my ass to the shop to buy more wine.

I have a headache.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi 2much,

Glad you got through last night. Changing routines was what worked for me too. I had to make sure I was planning ahead and gettinbg out of my normal daily routine.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Red face hay mate

just got to keep trying i know how hard it is i am still finding it really hard but we will get their good luck
Old 04-11-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

i reached that point of utter hopelessness the day i came in. when you can no longer deal with your life and the amount of pain your in...get down on your knee's and give everything to God. we are given more than we can handle or else why would we need a God. when you have no idea what to do the only one to turn to is God himself. give your pain away and a path will be layed out for you. faith in God works 24/7 through thick and thin.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Over the years I had so many day ones I felt like I was living the movie groundhog day. All you can do is keep trying until 1 day turns into 2 and then 3,4,5,6,7, etc.. It can happen as long as you never give up. You made it through day one and are on day two so you are definetly on the right track. It isnt easy and you should feel proud of yourself. I hope to hear that tomarrow is day 3 for you. If not dont let it get you down just start again and again. Just never give up.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicago View Post
i reached that point of utter hopelessness the day i came in. when you can no longer deal with your life and the amount of pain your in...get down on your knee's and give everything to God. we are given more than we can handle or else why would we need a God. when you have no idea what to do the only one to turn to is God himself. give your pain away and a path will be layed out for you. faith in God works 24/7 through thick and thin.
WE ARE ALL TRYING IVE DONE IT ALL BUT ALCOHOL WAS THE SOLUTION IF YOU WANT TO HELP ---JUST BE THERE --------NO MORE NO LESS.