Notices

I gave in to the craving...

Old 04-09-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I gave in to the craving...

Here I go again...

I can't believe how well I was doing and then the bottom fell out...I drank this weekend...

It is very hard to type the words because my self esteem has been trashed...

I was sober yesterday and today I am, but I am still feeling the effects of drinking...I am really down on myself...

I don't know what to say to all of you anymore, I tried, and I tried hard. I have all of you to thank for the sobriety I had.

Tomorrow will be a better day..
Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Missymae -

We have all fallen - just read through the posts. The most important thing is that you put the drink down. You are sober today and were yesterday. That itself is a great accomplishment. You did not continue to drink and that is huge. What was the trigger for you to drink? What can you do differently next time?

How about making today a better day, then tomorrow can be even better!!

TinLizzy
Old 04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Missy. Your post breaks my heart. I wish I had some sort of magic words to make you stop abusing yourself with alcohol...to make you stop the never ending cycle of self battery that booze brings. I wish I could make it stop for you.

And we both know I can't.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missy, I know how awful that feels. It feels like it's impossible to climb out of the hole. Try to be kind to yourself, because being down on yourself is just going to make it harder. Learn from the experience and try to take that step out of the viscious cycle. You can do this!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi Missy..I'm sorry you feel that way, But like you said . Tomorrow will be a better day. You already know what you gotta do. You'll be ok.
Cheer up and keep trying. You need to thank yourself as well for the sobriety you have had too. All we can do is support , encourage and be there for you. But you are the one who has actually done the work. So be proud of that.
You can do it again.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
kll.gif (44.3 KB, 114 views)
Old 04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

missy.....i relapsed after 40 days of sobriety....now i have 135.......you can start over, and with help and support, you can make it..

hugs
ayla
Old 04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi Missymae, I'm sorry you slipped, but you got up, now

just keep moving forward, I'll always be here for you, I'm

not giving up on you.

Now, forward we go..........((((((((((((((missy)))))))))))

hope3
Old 04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Missy,

You're always so kind and compassionate to others on this board - please try to extend the same kindness to yourself. No matter what, never give up trying. You just never know when the miracle is going to happen.

Love, Rowan
Old 04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Missy we all fall, it is the nature of the disease of addiction. if you fell and had no regrets that would be a problem, but you acknowledge the mistake and are looking forward to the better days ahead. Dont give up it is worth the fight. If it were that easy to quit none of us would be here at SR, so dont get down on yourself.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all your kind words...You are all what true friends are all about...
Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey missy, it's ok. we're not perfect. sending you encouragement and hope. please don't be too hard on yourself. glad you're sober today! blessings, k
Old 04-09-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missy
I'm only new to this group, but I've quit and relapsed, quit and relapsed for the last 15 years...I don't know what the future holds for me, but I kinda think that on the road to recovery, this group is like a rope...if we do slip, it's much easier to grab hold and get back on track than it used to be...

peacen'love
D
Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lurker

Hey Missy, I truely believe relaps is part of recovery. You have now learned a lesson on how tricky this disease is. Take it as it is, learn from it, and move on. One day at a time.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Missy -

How did the rest of your day go?

I have plans for a little FUN tomorrow. I have my young neice for several hours. We are going out for breakfast and then a walk along the beach. (Then I'll have lots of work to do, but that's ok) What have you got planned??

TinLizzy
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Missy, I'm new here and have now only about 24 hours of sobriety under my belt. I will keep you in my thoughts. We are all human, and one wonderful thing about being human is that we have the ability to go back and try again when we fail. Today is a new day. When I think of myself never having another drink, I just can't even imagine! But I'm going by the motto "one day at a time". So far, so good. Now I've got tomorrow to look forward to.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you. I know the pain of slipping.

The important thing is that you are here reaching out and talking about it. That shows that you have the heart and courage to pick yourself back up and continue forward. Recovery is a process. It isn't easy and there are times of struggle but these are learning experiences that will make you stronger.

Write it down and see what your triggers are. That way if you notice those patterns happening in the future, you can stop it.

Today is a new day and you're here. We're here for you!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Missy my program says "... the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop ...."

Glad you came here so quickly, its all part of our recovery journey (((((Missy))))).

Dust yourself off and away we go

Kevin
Old 04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi my friends,

I am still sick from my last drunk, Sat...More so in the head, (guilt), but I am sober and that is what is important..

Thanks again...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dont let guilt and shame take away your sobriety... The 2 has kept me drinking for 35 years..........along with bad choices etc....Hold your head up --at least you know what your problem is???? lol I'm starting over today and am sooooooooooo tired of starting over...But as long as I'm breathing--I'll keep trying---
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi Missymae, thanks for checking in, talk to

you soon, hope3