Notices

I gave in to the craving...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
KC1

Hey Missy,

Don't beat yourself up. I did the same thing - twice in one week. Just go back and read some of the posts here recently. Like others who have responded to me/you, put it behind you, pick up and move on. And always have the courage to come here and admit you slipped. No one will judge you, they will only try to help you.

KC
Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Missy

As a world famous relapser [!], I've punched kicked fought and otherwise tussled with myself constantly year in year out. All this effort must be takin' us somewhere good....every day a new day, every new step a step in the right
direction !

peace
D
Old 04-13-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello my friends,

I need you today...I feel so weak...It has been one week without a drink but the cravings are torture...

For now, I am focusing on not drinking and coming here throughout the day...

Thanks to all of you...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

do you have a plan to stay busy today, missymae?

keep posting, we're listening. k
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm here Missy and I would like to have a drink too. Let's get through this time together. I am holding your hand honey. Can you focus on how you will feel later - when the drinking stops? The time will come to put it down and stop drinking - maybe a few hours from now - and nothing will have been fixed and you will not feel better because you drank.

Reaching out for help before taking a drink is soooooo good. Please don't have one. Can you think of something to take your mind off the craving? It will be gone soon. Then we can just get through the day. Don't think about forever. Just one more day.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Missy have you called any one in your network? Do you have any face to face support from someone who is now sober that would understand how you feel?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes, I have a plan today...Take my sobriety seriously and what COULD happen if I don't...

I know feelings are a part of life, but some days I just don't want to feel...

I know I cannot stay sober on my own, that's why I am coming here and later, I will get to a meeting...I have made a few phone calls too.

Thanks again...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
let it grow!

that is great, missymae! it sounds like you are really trying to take good care of yourself. keep doing the next right thing. blessings, k
Old 04-13-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

cONGRATUALTIONS ON YOUR WEEK..I'm on day two...Like you this site is all I have---So I'm hanging around here today...Afraid to get to far from the computor...i'M getting restless but I don't want to drink...I THINK I"LL STAY SOBER TODAY..BECAUSE IF I DRINk.....I MIGHT MISS A MIRACLE.....GOOD LUCK
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Missy I am so glad to hear you have a toolbox, I have found the more phone numbers I have in that tool box the better, it never ceases to amaze me how simple conversations with fellow alcoholics can be so beneficial, but they are. For some weird reason I almost always feel better after hanging up, and I like it even better when I get a call from someone in the program, especially my sponsee, he helps me stay sober just as much as I help him.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ok, It is time for me to go to bed. I made it, I did not drink....I still feel sad, lonely, angry, But if it wasn't for all of you I would be drunk....
Old 04-13-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hope3

Good night Missymae.

Hope3
Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hang in there missy, you can do this! Its tough I know, but keep coming back to this thread and read what everyone says. I have to go now though. My mom is coming over to stay with us for the evening til my dad gets home. A bunch of peoples house are getting broke into today, so we're playing it safe! Got my pellet gun loaded sitting on the table hehe!! My Hubby should be home soon.
Lots of luv and hugs girl!!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Missymae737 View Post
Ok, It is time for me to go to bed. I made it, I did not drink....I still feel sad, lonely, angry, But if it wasn't for all of you I would be drunk....
sure, the guys here might've helped, but don't give up your due credit - I reckon this was your victory, missymae !

congrats - sleep well
D
Old 04-14-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hang in there Missy. Try to get out and enjoy the day today. You're sober and this will be your time. Rent some movies for the next couple of days, we're in for a big storm up here. I enjoy your posts and hope you start feeling better. Thanks for being part of this community.
Mike in Boston
Old 04-14-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning Missy, I haven't been on much lately and wanted to pop in when I saw this thread. You did great last night, no drinking. Let the slip be just what it was, a slip, over and done with. You did find out that it wasn't worth it, especially the guilt because I can see how hard you are being on yourself.

Please just holler if you need anything at all, along with everyone else here, I'm here if you need me!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

what tall said!!!!!!

How are you this morning missy?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
let it grow!

morning...k
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Hope3

Good morning Missymae!

Hope3
Old 04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

How are you today Missy?

Got my hand out if you need a friend. Here, take my hand.

Like those cute otters on Youtube. Have you seen them? Hang on, I'll find the link just in case.

These otters just float about, chilling and holding hands. Wait till the end. I would like to be them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno