Notices

just got here... hi

Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just got here... hi

I'm glad to be here because I'm in a situation where I am quitting drinking & the occasional drug use with my husband. We both have problems, but he has the "bigger" problem and he's the reason we're both doing this at this time.

I'm having some trouble getting into the spirit of getting sober because I feel like having to stop wasn't my "fault". i know in my HEAD that I have a serious problem with drinking, but my selfish part says that I would be able to handle it and I am only stopping with him.

It is hard when I see people wanting to get sober when I really don't!! Anyway, I'll keep it short for now, but I just wanted to say hi.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Azure,

In my opinion, it's really hard to stop drinking if you're doing it for someone else. It takes so much motivation, you really need to want it.

Take a look around and keep posting.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's nice to meet you, azure. do you go to aa or alanon? keep posting! blessings, k
Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the welcome.

good point, 51anna... I do feel resentful at this point, but I'm in the process of owning up to what I've done and what I need to do.

parentrecovers... I have been looking into the AA groups in my area. My husband just started (back) up with NA, and he's doing a 90 meetings in 90 days thing right now. He's also in an intensive outpatient program that just started today.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

azure--feel free to check out the moms thread--page back, there are a lot of good stories there about those of us trying to get/remain sober while raising kids.

you may also want to check out the friends and family thread and even al-anon meetings.

best of luck to you!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome to sr, azure.......

everyone has made good points.....i also think that quitting is something you need to do for yourself......supporting your husband is a beautiful thing, but since you realise you have your own alcohol problem, you should think of the reasons you need to quit......decide the best way for you to get sober, and focus on yourself a little bit.......if you come up with your own reasons and a desire to quit for you, you may get rid of some of the resentment you are feeling right now........

good luck
ayla
Old 04-09-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yes I agree..Being clean is somethig you most of time want for your self. Kudos for support for your husband.Theres nothing wrong with that. but as for your own. You have to want becauseyou want it.
Best of luck.
Stick around..There is alot of good information , motivation and support here.
Glad you are here.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
20402f5b.gif (64.1 KB, 11 views)