Notices

Thankfully Campral is covered

Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankfully Campral is covered

Luckily my new health insurance covers Campral (a craving reduction drug) because it has worked for me in the past. I have been having very strong cravings lately and my husband makes me call him every day when I get home from work to make sure I haven't purchased any booze. He works until late so I used to get drunk while he was at work.

A few months back I decided to try "controlled drinking", but found that after a week or so I started to sneak drinks behind my husband's back. The original agreement was that I should ONLY drink with him, and not alone.

Although I have only been getting drunk about 3 or 4 times per week, my cravings urge me to increase my consumption. I'm struggling a lot thinking that I might really have to stop for good. I don't think I can do it.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BirdDancer,

I tried controlling my drinking and it never worked for more than a few weeks. Not only that, I was obsessing about it, all the time.

Your husband may not understand what an alcoholic is and how they cannot drink sometimes and not others. And, whether or not you're ready to stop drinking, take a look around and read and learn.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red face hello

your not in this alone, i am sorry your having a tough time, i am having a real tough time 2 at the moment fighting alcoholism i also find the thought of never drinking again very scary then again a carnt seem to stop at the moment i have been to 3 AA meeting and i felt more relaxed at the last one, but i am starting to think i just can not have one drink 1 leads to getting plastered then well anything can happen, i was also prescribed campral i think i will also start taking them again this is a rough ride for sure well thanks for your post and good luck 2 us all cya
Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you are trying to find health.
Drinking is so very destructive.

Welcome to SR!

Best of luck
Old 04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome !

Moderation never worked for me either.

If I woke up, and there was 1/2 a handle if Vodka, I'd congratulate myself. "See, you've got this thing under control ! There's still booze left ! "
Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i have never heard of campral? how much does it cost?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Red face hay mate

mikiglen it is prescribed on nhs in the uk mate no idea what things cost in the states sorry
Old 04-07-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My new health insurance covers Campral, but I still have to pay $40 per month. When I had my old health insurance it wasn't, I paid over $250 for a month supply. I forget exactly how much it cost.