Notices

Shame on me,court....

Old 04-06-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shame on me,court....

Hello my friends,

Weds., I had to appear in court because of my stupidity, while in the throws of actively drinking...I was arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and disturbing the peace...never been arrested before and my drinking career is a span over twenty years....

Ok, the judicial system let me go, I do not have a record...

Imagine my shame...I wanted to hide in a corner, no not me,, this is not where alcoholism has taken me.....Yes, it did take me there....

Anyhow, I didn't drink over it...I wanted to...There is hope...So, for all of you,there is hope....
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes time to get over the shame and I think it happens in stages. It sounds like Wednesday was a big step for you to letting go of the negative feelings. Yes, it happened and it is a part of you, but it is not who you are. It does not define you. See it for what it is and let it go.

I am glad you got through that!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hi I am so glad that you are here. I don't think that most of us have a problem imagining the shame for all of us have been through it. Yet that shame never did keep me clean and sober. Nothing worked for me until I could finally accept that if I didn't do something different that I was going to die.

Today I have over 10 months clean...not a record for me that is for sure but it has been so different this time around and I am very pleased with the progress that I am making today. Do you go to AA meetings? I think that they help so much and also they help us get a lot of our self worth back too. Maybe you should try them they are people just like us here but you can look them in the eye!

Glad that you are here and if you ever need to talk you can PM me or email me. Just take a look at my profile to find that out OK.... Hope we all get today in...

With Love and Respect

Vic
Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Thanks for sharing...It can only get better from here...
Old 04-06-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Missy,
Been there, done that. I had to appear in court last year (I was still drinking then tho) for two counts of criminal mischief for throwing rocks thru my exAbf's window and kicking in his door. I was absolutely mortified...charges were withdrawn (as the situation was not typical..no need to go there). Although the charges were withdrawn, in open court I had to agree to Peace bond..to not physically interfere, harrass or molest my ex. I felt horrible. This little well dressed woman painted as some sort of monster (guess I was) How had my life taken me here? What was worse...I worked for a damn law firm across the street from courthouse. I drank my way right thru that peace bond and back to my ex...was wasted with him another few months before I finally dragged my pathetic self to AA. I was a girl from the suburbs and my life was going to hell in a handbasket. My ex is now in jail (I think..I moved away) for a whole slew of charges...resisting arrest, DUI, threatening police with knife, etc. Think he had about 15 in total for a couple different incidences after we split.

Oh the lovely places booze takes us. I have no desire to jump back aboard.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Now the new you can move forward Missy

and those destructive events need never happen again!

Hugs
Old 04-06-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Gee! I had forgotten this...

My drinking life was in Washington D.C.
where being drunk in public is not illegal.

On a Thanksgiving Eve...I left a formal dinner
party...drunk and angry.

While I was hailing a cab....2 guys were on
the street and I thought they were trying to get
my cab.

"Hell No! I was here first!!"

'Lady you are drunk"

" WTF! it's still My cab"

They arrested me for being drunk
and disrespecting a cop.

I was in St. Louis Mo. jail/drunk tank
for 4 hours still in evening clothes!

My brother made me pay him back for the fine
and told my family of non drinkers during
our Thanksgiving meal that afternoon.
Including my 3 young children.

I was mortified...
Old 04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for your honesty, Missymae, and for showing that just because we hurt and feel scary emotions, we don't have to drink over it. Anna's right, it's what you did, not who you are.
(((hugs)))

Row
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hey (((Missy))) good for you for not picking up and for sharing it with us. Its great you don't have to take that any further, the court appearances get a lot more than embarassing. Well done.

Kevin
Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

I am so proud of you for not drinking!!! I also had to go to court..but that didn't stop me from drinking, however, it did stop me from going to see my probation officer. That was one of the warrants I had to take care of when I finally did get sober...two years later!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Just thinking of you how are you doing today?

With Love and Respect

Vic